Page 167 of 305 FirstFirst ... 67117157162163164165166167168169170171172177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 6094
  1. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #3321  
    I have no idea why you are unable to download Filecoaster. I didn't think people were still downloading it; you can install Homebrew apps OTA using Preware. As to why Preware "won't load," you'll need to provide more information. "Just won't load" is too generic to even begin to figure out what's going wrong.
  2. #3322  
    Thanks "cas esq". I reinstalled preware and its now working. I will check out OTA now to. Thanks again.
  3. #3323  
    Hi. I don't think anyone was able to answer my question on #2920...so can someone direct me to a thread on how to use all of the patches available? I'm really interested in the audio/video patch I have installed. I keep getting a "device full error" Thank you!
  4. #3324  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely_olemiss View Post
    Hi. I don't think anyone was able to answer my question on #2920...so can someone direct me to a thread on how to use all of the patches available? I'm really interested in the audio/video patch I have installed. I keep getting a "device full error" Thank you!
    Search for the thread on MvApp.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #3325  
    i just did a full erase on my phone. i just reinstalled luna manager, package manager service, and preware..everything shows up on preware except patches is greyed out and i can't go into that section.

    my phone is currently running 1.2.0
    preware version is v.0.9.5

    am i missing something?
  6. #3326  
    I believe you need to install "DiffStat" and "GNU Patch" for it to work.

    Use WebOS Quick Install to do load them on.
  7. #3327  
    i have those loaded on. i am able to install tweaks thru webos quick install but not patches thru preware..
  8. #3328  
    hey guys,

    after installing preware/tweaks through QI, my phone suffers from the "phone offline" problem. nothing seems to prompt it to go into phone offline, it just happens periodically. also, ive found that at times (including times when the phone is "online"), the pre is unable to load my contacts (the app will launch with a blank white page) and the messaging app will not open at all. lastly, when trying to make calls, i must dial the actual number since contacts are not available. when dialing the number, the phone is not able to tie to a contact (even though the number matches exactly) or display the contact's name when the call goes through.

    ive webOS doctored the phone, hard reset, multiple times and everytime ive installed preware (whether through the standalone installer or QI [or even if ive just tweaked the phone through QI]), the problem returns. this last time, after hard resetting my phone and webOS doctoring it, i imported the same palm profile (which inluded google contacts, calendar, email), and did not install preware. i now have absolutely no signs of the issue. it seems that the problem is preware/QI/package manager service related.

    as a side note, i use a airave at home. i dont know if that has anything to do with the issue, but i can confirm that the phone has gone "offline" while outside the house (i.e. not using the airave). also as an fyi, ive tried the process on a winXP computer, a vista computer, a win7 computer, and a snow leopard mac.

    i really love the functionality that preware/QI provide, so this problem really sucks. if anyone has experienced this issue, or has any suggestions, i would love to hear them. at this point, ive tried everything i can think of. thanks for your help.
  9. #3329  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That all looks correct. Can you post the output of:
    ls -lR /var/usr/lib /var/etc/event.d
    produces a long list of what look like programs I've got installed, patches, etc. I redirected output to a file, and attach the result as listing1.txt

    ls -lR /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

    Result attached as listing2.txt

    ipkg -o /var list_installed | grep webosinternals
    Result attached as listing3.txt

    grep webosinternals /var/log/messages
    (that last one should be done just after you've seen the service not running message)


    I'm not currently seeing that "service not running" message. I launch Preware, and it hangs on a white screen that says "loading package information", with a rotating "I'm busy" indicator. The indicator never goes away. I ran the command and results are listing4.txt, but be aware it wasn't collected under the conditions you'd hoped for.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10. #3330  
    Have you rebooted your phone?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  11. #3331  
    yes i have restarted it a few times.
  12. #3332  
    Try resetting by pushing orange+sym+R to reboot
  13. #3333  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    ls -lR /var/usr/lib /var/etc/event.d
    produces a long list of what look like programs I've got installed, patches, etc. I redirected output to a file, and attach the result as listing1.txt

    ls -lR /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

    Result attached as listing2.txt

    ipkg -o /var list_installed | grep webosinternals
    Result attached as listing3.txt

    grep webosinternals /var/log/messages
    (that last one should be done just after you've seen the service not running message)


    I'm not currently seeing that "service not running" message. I launch Preware, and it hangs on a white screen that says "loading package information", with a rotating "I'm busy" indicator. The indicator never goes away. I ran the command and results are listing4.txt, but be aware it wasn't collected under the conditions you'd hoped for.
    2009-11-08T15:27:56.812103Z [2391] castle user.notice root: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice upstart: script called
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009246Z [2391] castle daemon.warning upstart: (02391/409737548) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice main process (2163) terminated with status 1

    Can you paste the lines between and shortly after these two lines from /var/log/messages?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #3334  
    Quote Originally Posted by starswilldiex View Post
    i just did a full erase on my phone. i just reinstalled luna manager, package manager service, and preware..everything shows up on preware except patches is greyed out and i can't go into that section.

    my phone is currently running 1.2.0
    preware version is v.0.9.5

    am i missing something?
    Only 2 things left I can think of:
    (1) make sure you're running PMS v.0.9.16 ; and
    (2) restart java.
  15. #3335  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    2009-11-08T15:27:56.812103Z [2391] castle user.notice root: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice upstart: script called
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009246Z [2391] castle daemon.warning upstart: (02391/409737548) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice main process (2163) terminated with status 1

    Can you paste the lines between and shortly after these two lines from /var/log/messages?
    Nothing in-between:

    2009-11-08T15:27:56.812103Z [2391] castle user.notice root: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice upstart: script called
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009246Z [2391] castle daemon.warning upstart: (02391/409737548) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice main process (2163) terminated with status 1
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009643Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/410317382) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice goal changed from start to stop
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009887Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/410531005) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from running to stopping
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.010314Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/411324462) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from stopping to killed
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.010498Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/411568603) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from killed to post-stop
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.010681Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/411751708) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from post-stop to waiting
    2009-11-08T15:28:14.458587Z [2408] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStart: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction) for 900000ms => true
    2009-11-08T15:28:23.394531Z [2417] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStop: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction)
    2009-11-08T15:43:00.320556Z [3301] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStart: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction) for 900000ms => true
  16. #3336  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Nothing in-between:

    2009-11-08T15:27:56.812103Z [2391] castle user.notice root: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice upstart: script called
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009246Z [2391] castle daemon.warning upstart: (02391/409737548) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice main process (2163) terminated with status 1
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009643Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/410317382) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice goal changed from start to stop
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.009887Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/410531005) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from running to stopping
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.010314Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/411324462) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from stopping to killed
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.010498Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/411568603) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from killed to post-stop
    2009-11-08T15:27:57.010681Z [2391] castle daemon.info upstart: (02391/411751708) org.webosinternals.ipkgservice state changed from post-stop to waiting
    2009-11-08T15:28:14.458587Z [2408] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStart: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction) for 900000ms => true
    2009-11-08T15:28:23.394531Z [2417] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStop: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction)
    2009-11-08T15:43:00.320556Z [3301] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStart: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction) for 900000ms => true
    Sorry, I meant looking in the unfiltered /var/log/messages file (the "grep" filters just the lines that match the string), I need to see the unfiltered lines between the two which the grep output.

    You can use Internalz to copy /var/log/messages to the USB area and then attach it from there.

    Thanks,

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #3337  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sorry, I meant looking in the unfiltered /var/log/messages file (the "grep" filters just the lines that match the string), I need to see the unfiltered lines between the two which the grep output.
    Ah, that makes a little more sense. Wasn't clear to my why you'd want me to abstract lines from a file you had, but "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger".

    Existing /var/log/messages no longer contains that line, file must be a FIFO buffer since earliest line is timestamped 2009-11-09. Opened Preware to that white "Loading Package Info" screen, and afterwards still don't see lines in /var/log/messages like you quoted, but did see this:

    2009-11-09T11:19:42.324166Z [56348] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction) for 900000 ms, expiry in 773613 ms
    2009-11-09T11:20:03.631722Z [56369] castle user.warning audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 2 (stream 34) opened
    2009-11-09T11:20:03.662911Z [56369] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStop: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction)
    2009-11-09T11:20:04.014351Z [56370] castle user.warning audiod: _pulseStatus: pulse reports sink 2 (stream 34) closed
    2009-11-09T11:20:04.223244Z [56370] castle user.warning audiod: closeSink: sink 2 processed closed after a delay
    2009-11-09T11:20:09.063729Z [56375] castle user.info LibpurpleAdapter: Disabling server queue
  18. #3338  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What's the output of running:

    ls -l /etc/event.d/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

    ?

    -- Rod
    Rod,
    Result is below.

    root@castle: ls -l /etc/event.d/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1126 Nov 6 17:03 /etc/event.d/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

    Thanks

    Gx
  19. #3339  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Ah, that makes a little more sense. Wasn't clear to my why you'd want me to abstract lines from a file you had, but "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger".

    Existing /var/log/messages no longer contains that line, file must be a FIFO buffer since earliest line is timestamped 2009-11-09. Opened Preware to that white "Loading Package Info" screen, and afterwards still don't see lines in /var/log/messages like you quoted, but did see this:

    2009-11-09T11:19:42.324166Z [56348] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction) for 900000 ms, expiry in 773613 ms
    2009-11-09T11:20:03.631722Z [56369] castle user.warning audiod: _pulseStatus: sink 2 (stream 34) opened
    2009-11-09T11:20:03.662911Z [56369] castle user.info powerd: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStop: (org.webosinternals.preware-serviceAction)
    2009-11-09T11:20:04.014351Z [56370] castle user.warning audiod: _pulseStatus: pulse reports sink 2 (stream 34) closed
    2009-11-09T11:20:04.223244Z [56370] castle user.warning audiod: closeSink: sink 2 processed closed after a delay
    2009-11-09T11:20:09.063729Z [56375] castle user.info LibpurpleAdapter: Disabling server queue
    All those lines are fine (the powerd stuff is preware making sure the screen doesn't go off while downloading the feeds).

    If you can get the problem to happen again, please capture the lines from /var/log/messages and post them.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #3340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Rod,
    Result is below.

    root@castle: ls -l /etc/event.d/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1126 Nov 6 17:03 /etc/event.d/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

    Thanks

    Gx
    What is the output of

    luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/status '{}'

    ?


    Alternative, can you join the IRC channel at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=webos-internals to debug in real time? I'll be there for at least 1 hour from now.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions