Page 163 of 305 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213263 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Weird. How exactly did you install Preware?

-- Rod
    hey Rod, I installed preware using quick install way back when, and have updated it through preware as the updates have come out.

On the wiki page, Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals, I tried to follow Option 2 to manually install mvapp through command line coding. I type in ma and then the mvapp information comes up with version 0.3.3c. Then, whenever I try to type any commands on Putty (on my computer, not the phone), it says -sh: mvapp not found or something like that. Do you know if I need to change directories? In the steps, it says to change the directory to /tmp, but it never says to change it to anything else. usually when i get those errors, it means i am not in the correct directory. Or, can you only run mvapp from the terminal on the phone (in which case i'm screwed unless i can get terminal and terminal service plugin working...btw, i have had terminal and it's plugin working on my phone before...).

Thanks for any help,

john
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    So I've been lurking here for a while now. Have had no problems with preware at all. But lately my phone has been mysteriously shutting off, ringtones changing by themselves, contacts and sms conversations showing up as blank. So i went to run epr, just to see if it made a difference.

Then I realized I can't find EPR on preware. So my question is, am I just very dim, and missing something obvious, or should I still go about removing these patches manually?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HatRabies View Post
    Then I realized I can't find EPR on preware. So my question is, am I just very dim, and missing something obvious, or should I still go about removing these patches manually?
    I believe it's under list of everything. Yep, just check, it's under list of everything. Start typing Emerg... when you get to the list of everything and you will see it.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey Rod, I installed preware using quick install way back when, and have updated it through preware as the updates have come out.

On the wiki page, Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals, I tried to follow Option 2 to manually install mvapp through command line coding. I type in ma and then the mvapp information comes up with version 0.3.3c. Then, whenever I try to type any commands on Putty (on my computer, not the phone), it says -sh: mvapp not found or something like that. Do you know if I need to change directories? In the steps, it says to change the directory to /tmp, but it never says to change it to anything else. usually when i get those errors, it means i am not in the correct directory. Or, can you only run mvapp from the terminal on the phone (in which case i'm screwed unless i can get terminal and terminal service plugin working...btw, i have had terminal and it's plugin working on my phone before...).

Thanks for any help,

john
    Use sudo or become root.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I am now on my second pre in 7 days. I have the latest preware and was doing updates when the preware (current version) stopped responding. Phone would not respond after 20minutes still non-responsive. I was forced to remove battery. Restarted then wiped everything; restarted but hung and froze prior to putting in profile email. Attempted to reboot. Took to repair and phone needs to be replaced. As anyone had this happen. My original phone was flawless for months now 2 replacements same problem. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    I am now on my second pre in 7 days. I have the latest preware and was doing updates when the preware (current version) stopped responding. Phone would not respond after 20minutes still non-responsive. I was forced to remove battery. Restarted then wiped everything; restarted but hung and froze prior to putting in profile email. Attempted to reboot. Took to repair and phone needs to be replaced. As anyone had this happen. My original phone was flawless for months now 2 replacements same problem. Any ideas?
    Sounds like you have a hardware issue. It is virtually impossible to brick your phone. Have you tried running webOS doctor?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    It wont let me. Do i need a new version of web doctor? and if so where do I go? When I plug into usb it is not recognized. My pre stays on permanent booting till battery wears down then shuts off. Is there an alternate way to establish a connection or web Dr?
    what are you doing to that poor phone man ha ha , on a lighter side there really is no way to brick your phone at all unless you actually break it or fry something up on the inside which ive never heard of yet so... next time instead of returning it right away try turning off the phone and holding up the volume key turn back on and keep holding the up key until a big usb symbol appears and then your ready for the web doc
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    read my last post if it does not work then remove battery then hold up the volume key and insert battery while holding up the volume key and it should work
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Make sure if you're running 64-bit windows you have the appropriate novacom drivers installed, if you've got windows 7 64-bit check here.

Assuming you have the correct drivers loaded up, try doing the following to doctor your Pre.

1) Take the battery out and plug it in to the USB cable.
    2) With the battery out, hold the volume up key.
    3) Put the battery back in and power your Pre on. (you should still be holding the vol. up key)
    4) The screen should load a white USB image, you can let go of the vol. up key now.
    5) Run the WebOS doctor and hope it works this time!

If it's not any of that, it's really beyond the scope of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Use sudo or become root.
    I am sudo...the commands i type once logged in are:

sudo -i
    password:
    mount -o remount,rw /

and then follow the commands exactly as shown...the last one is ma

ma...

get the mvapp thing showing basically the help information for the application, and then typing mvapp or ma anything shows the "not found" error about that command
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Tried the volume up thing for USB did not work, Also tried by removing battery that also did not work. Can not get to USB.
    I suppose then that it would be possible to brick your phone if the volume up key went bad
    Hi, guys

I know the Preware shouldn't be a problem with official WebOS update UNLESS you have patches installed.

However, as I understand, the latest Preware include a patch in the program that supposedly solve the freeze problem with official appcatalog.

so my question is, is this "fix" from Preware going to cause problem when updating WebOS in the near future? If yes, what should users do to avoid the problem?
    It should work just fine.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I don't know what's going on but Preware has been acting funny for the past couple of weeks. It used to run without any problems. But lately when I open it, it stays on the Downloading Feeds message. Closing it and reopening it doesn't work. If I do that it gets stuck at Checking Package Manager. I have to restart my phone. Then it will work like normal. But I have to do this everytime it updates the feeds. I have them set to update once daily. Anyone else have this problem? I have removed and reinstalled already both and that made no difference.
    While this seemed to be the case for the last OS update, I assume that of all the apps/patches/programs installed through Preware, the only things that HAVE to be removed prior to updating are the patches, and all of those are removed by the EPR?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    While this seemed to be the case for the last OS update, I assume that of all the apps/patches/programs installed through Preware, the only things that HAVE to be removed prior to updating are the patches, and all of those are removed by the EPR?
    Remove any theme you have installed (you should only ever have one at a time installed) and remove any patches using EPR.

Also remove any manual modifications you have done (e.g. tweaks in WOSQI, .patch files in WOSQI, etc).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Remove any theme you have installed (you should only ever have one at a time installed) and remove any patches using EPR.

Also remove any manual modifications you have done (e.g. tweaks in WOSQI, .patch files in WOSQI, etc).

-- Rod
    Thanks. I haven't used any themes. After the first re-update occurrence I stopped using WOSQI, only because I am not always around a computer and everything I wanted could be done through Preware. So far that has worked out just fine. I am finding it hard to believe that they are not going to address the app space limitation in the next update, though. Shooting themselves and the developers in the foot.
    I am having a problem with preware.

I installed preware and it does not seem to be working. I first installed quickinstall, novacom, and java. I then installed preware based on the instructions. Everything went fine.

When I open the program I can see the list. I can install programs. I can see what I have installed. Everything seems to work right, but when I try to install patches, I get this error. How do I fix this?

error handling see ipkg log.

Postinst
    Error: Patch already installed?
    Removing package

Remove:
    No packages removed
    nothing to be done

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post install script

What do I do?