Page 162 of 305 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172212262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 6094
    what's the current version of preware? 0.9.4, or 0.9.5?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    You may also want to reboot the phone. Services start on startup.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    what's the current version of preware? 0.9.4, or 0.9.5?
    hey do i need to be in devmode to use preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjello0 View Post
    hey do i need to be in devmode to use preware?
    The answer to that question can be found in Application:Preware - WebOS Internals, which is linked as the HomePage in the Description of Preware, and is also the first Google hit for Preware, and is also listed in the homepage link in the app gallery on PreCentral ;-)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I don't know if it is just me or if this is something that is happening everywhere, but, since about two days ago, whenever I start Preware, my phone locks up and stops working. I then have to totally restart the phone to get it back to normal. Is this a known issue?

I already tried uninstallng and reinstalling Preware, but it locks up my phone when installing it also.

*edit*
    Now my phone is constantly going from phone offline to back online and so on. *** is this. Maybe I should WebOs Doc it.
    Last edited by abiezerf; 11/04/2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Anybody? I cant install it now. It will just lock up. Any suggestions?
    **Update**
    I cannot install filecoaster either. Whenever I try to install any of these, the "too many cards, out of memory" error comes out even though I have no cards open. Its like it causes a huge memory leak that renders the phone inoperable. Any help now?
    Okay, so I think this happened today, but not all of the applications are showing up in Preware. I noticed on the website that there are 295 applications, but on my phone there are only 258. I have the installed apps and patches showing as well. Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks in advance!
    Some are being removed from the feed as they're released to the App Catalog.
    I also noticed this at times.

In case your app is not in the Catalog, but still isn't showing up, go into "List of Everything" and search for it. My apps always end up there... and not in the "Apps" section... *shrug*
    i just tried to look under "list of everything" and things don't show up there. Mindmaster is not showing here, and it is showing in the app catalog, so that, I guess, makes sense. Segment is not showing up on my phone in preware at all, and it is not in the app catalog. I have tried restarting preware, and updating the feeds with no luck. Any other suggestions?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoulad View Post
    Segment is not showing up on my phone in preware at all, and it is not in the app catalog. I have tried restarting preware, and updating the feeds with no luck. Any other suggestions?
    Segment is not available either:

Distribution:
    Not Available via Repository, not otherwise available.
    Currently I got Preware and HomeBrew fileCoaster installed with some patches and homebrew apps. Once the new WebOS update comes out can I safely update my pre? Or will there be complications?
    it is said that you should removes patches.

but installed homebrew apps should be fine.
    Thanks.
    hey rod,

on my pre, several applications do not show up. i have preware 0.9.5, and am trying to do the mvapp solution to the app catalog limit. When I go into preware, mvapp, terminal, and terminal service plugin do not show up anywhere (not even in the list of everything). If i install them through quick install, then they show up in the list of everything. however, even after installing mvapp, terminal 0.2.3, and terminal service plugin 0.2.2, my pre will not run terminal b/c it says that termplugin is not installed.

Any clues?
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey rod,

on my pre, several applications do not show up. i have preware 0.9.5, and am trying to do the mvapp solution to the app catalog limit. When I go into preware, mvapp, terminal, and terminal service plugin do not show up anywhere (not even in the list of everything). If i install them through quick install, then they show up in the list of everything. however, even after installing mvapp, terminal 0.2.3, and terminal service plugin 0.2.2, my pre will not run terminal b/c it says that termplugin is not installed.

Any clues?
    Weird. How exactly did you install Preware?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Here is the absolute safest procedure. Most of the steps are superfluous, but it seems that the short version is not working for you (when it does work for just about everyone else) ....

0) Make sure you are using WOSQI 2.82, Preware 0.9.5 and Package Manager Service 0.9.16
    1) Use WOSQI to remove both Preware and Package Manager Service.
    2) Reboot the phone.
    3) Use WOSQI Device Management screen to ensure they are gone.
    4) Install just Package Manager Service
    5) Restart WOSQI
    6) Install just Preware
    7) Reboot the phone
    8) Wait until your carrier name appears in the top left corner
    9) Check that you have a network connection
    10) Use WOSQI Device Management screen to check the installed versions of Package Manager Service and Preware.
    11) Start Preware
    12) Make sure you don't move from Preware as the full-screen application while it is updating
    13) Make sure the phone doesn't go to sleep and loose the network connection after you start Preware
    14) If updating fails, then disable all feeds except the webos-internals feed and try again
    15) Enable feeds one by one to find any that are failing

If, after doing all the above, it still doesn't work, then ask for help in the #webos-internals IRC channel.

-- Rod
    Hi...
    I am having the same problem as you detail above. When I try to run Preware on the Phone it tells me that the Package Manager Service is not running. Here is what I get, specifically:

"The package manager service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

I've done all of the above steps. Preware was working fine, I last used it to install a Halloween theme a few days before Halloween and was just accessing it to uninstall the theme and pick a new one. When I tried to launch Preware from the Pre, that is the message I got. So then I uninstalled both Package Manager and Preware, rebooted phone, etc...been doing this for a couple hours now. I can't select any individual feeds because it won't even load past the above message. I just reloaded my laptop with Windows 7 over the weekend and so I have the most current version of everything (QI, Preware, Package Manager, etc). Getting very frustrated!!

I was in the IRC chat but there were no developers there who could help me troubleshoot. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful. I'm getting ready to run the WebOS Repair utility, but I'd rather find the fix (assuming there is one).

Thanks,
    Rebecca

ETA more info:

I am now attempting to run the WebOS Repair Utility, and have the most recent Sprint WebOS doctor (webosdoctorp100ewwsprint) and when I point the Repair Utility to it, I get the following error message: ERROR: WebOS.tar.gz: Access is denied

ETA again that I got it to start the scan. It appears there is some permissions problem with Win7x64 where the Repair Utility and WebOSdoctor .jars must be in the same folder to run. I will report back if it finds any issues that allow me to finally run Preware.

Edited Again-
    Repair Utility found nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all as to what the problem might be and how to resolve this short of doctoring the phone?

ETA based on suggestion given in #webos-internals, I uninstalled both services again w/ WebOSQI and tried the stand alone Preware installer. Now I get:

"the program installation seems to have failed."

Blah!

FINAL ETA-

2 heroes saved me in #webos-internals. Thank you Eric and Daniel!! I am not 100% certain what I just did, but I think we removed and reinstalled the package manager using terminal access, checked to verify it was running, and then all I had to do was reinstall Preware.
    Last edited by NoDramaMama; 11/05/2009 at 01:09 PM.