Page 161 of 305 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165166171211261 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 6094
    i just got a new refurb and at the same time went to windows 7

i got novacom installed and QI installed to get preware,

loaded preware and the package manager service

i start preware and i want to handle all my patching through preware now instead of a mix a QI and PW, but the available patches option is grayed out?

anyone got a fix?
    ugh just realized im running webos 1.1 on the new refurb, thats prob the prob.
    I have not been able to install anything. I have been trying to install the basics like Preware. I have followed steps on all the discussions and I have gotten nowhere. I am very frustrated now because I have WebOSQI on my computer. The third button doesn't work. There is no dropdown list. Nova doesnt send a message about installing or downloading anything....I need an installation instruction for dummies. What instructions refer to actions that need to be done on the Pre....what instructions refer to actions that need to be performed on my computer. Please help.

If you can assist me with "for dummies" meaning specific instructions please email me at mihrtaches@aol.com.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mihrtaches View Post
    I have not been able to install anything. I have been trying to install the basics like Preware. I have followed steps on all the discussions and I have gotten nowhere. I am very frustrated now because I have WebOSQI on my computer. The third button doesn't work. There is no dropdown list. Nova doesnt send a message about installing or downloading anything....I need an installation instruction for dummies. What instructions refer to actions that need to be done on the Pre....what instructions refer to actions that need to be performed on my computer. Please help.

If you can assist me with "for dummies" meaning specific instructions please email me at mihrtaches@aol.com.

Thank you.
    Preware has its own installer: Index of /. Either the exe or jar file will install Preware.

If you still want to install Preware using WebOS QI (or want to use WebOS QI for other installs), try this: Ensure that Novacom is running on your computer: from command prompt type sc query novacomd. If it's not running, install Novacom manually. See instructions here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html. (These instructions are for Windows 7 but will work with Vista and should work with XP, too.)

Good luck.
    when i try to install and run the emergency patch recovery it will not install i have already uninstalled my theme but still no solution, the error comes up when i hit an item in the preware list and it startes to download the luna client comes up to ask me if i want tt execute a script afterwards and the error at the bottom reads the following : ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during post install script execution , THIS GOES WITH GAMES, UTILITIES, ECT
    At the risk of asking the obvious, have you rebooted the phone?
    Did you uninstall themes before running the emergency patch recovery?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Following on to these past two questions, have you installed any patches using the old quilt method? Do you have the latest versions of Package Manager Service and Preware? Do you have room left in your /var partition (you can check that by trying to download an app in the App Catalog if you have the latest version of PMS already installed, if it fails, you're running low)?

If those tips don't help, you might want to look at Jason's webOS Repair Tool to get back to a clean, functional webOS install without losing your data.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I really don't see why people care about iTunes & Pre syncing, i couldn't care less
    I don't even use itunes to sync my Ipod, ever heard of Songbird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Following on to these past two questions, have you installed any patches using the old quilt method? Do you have the latest versions of Package Manager Service and Preware? Do you have room left in your /var partition (you can check that by trying to download an app in the App Catalog if you have the latest version of PMS already installed, if it fails, you're running low)?

If those tips don't help, you might want to look at Jason's webOS Repair Tool to get back to a clean, functional webOS install without losing your data.
    if i run the web os repair tool will i need to re-root my pre? and how do i go bout doing that, and for the first 2 questions yes i have re-booted the phone and yes i have uninstalled all themes and apps with no success
    I don't see the problem here. You already know how to reboot your phone...yes?

Quote Originally Posted by clydejames86 View Post
    need to re-root my pre? and how do i go bout doing that.........yes i have re-booted the phone
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I recently did a partial erase to fix the issue with txt conversations not showing up in the conversations list when i received a new txt. I did not remove any patches that I got from Preware prior to the erase. Once the phone came back up and sync'd I notice that all of my patches were still in place and working. But once I got Preware up and running again it doesn't recognize that I have any patches installed. When I try and install a patch I know is working it errors during install but doesn't recognize that it is already installed. I tried running the Emergency Patch Recovery but that didn't work either. Now I don't think I can get rid of these patches for when a new update comes out. FYI, I did not have a theme installed when I started all of this.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Is a full erase or webos doctor my only solution?
    Run the Emergency Patch Recovery and then reinstall the patches you want. In Preware this is listed under: Other - Linux Apps - Utilities.

Did you reboot after the patch recovery?

To remove all patches (tweaks) and themes and restore without losing data use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked.

If that doesn't work....then ya...go with the doctor.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 11/03/2009 at 10:34 AM.
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    He said he did that already and it didn't work.
    you will need to start from scratch with your patches. here is how. use step one and you may need step 3 also.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...14#post1994414
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The WebOS Repair Utility fixed it by removing all the patches! Preware now lets me re-install them. Thanks!
    Hello.

This morning I opened PreWare and saw there was an update to v.9.5. I hit download and when I tried to run it it gave me an error message stating that the current version of Pakage Manager Service is not installed & that i should install it using OS Quick Install.

I did and it still did not work. Then, using OSQuick Install I uninstalled both PreWare and Pakage Manager and re-installed them.

Now I am getting anerror message that states "The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching until you have a stable network connection available."

What can I do to remedy the situation?

Thank you
    so did you read the preware thread on here? The one that says more than a couple times that you MUST UPDATE PACKAGE MANAGER before the PREWARE app?

There should be some info in that thread to help you reverse what happened, but I fear it may require a webos repair utility or webos DR.....Check the preware theme to see what others who updated out of order had to do....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Thank you.

I dont always read the PreCentral thread on a subject before doing an update. I thought any such instructions would be on the PreWare update page.

Would it be too much trouble telling me where the preware thread is?