Page 160 of 305 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 6094
    Had to doctor my phone, trying to put everything back together. I have os-install working, except I can't get the custom feeds button to work, so therefore I can't seem to find a way to get preware on my pre. Is there any other way to get preware onto my pre?
  2. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Had to doctor my phone, trying to put everything back together. I have os-install working, except I can't get the custom feeds button to work, so therefore I can't seem to find a way to get preware on my pre. Is there any other way to get preware onto my pre?
    This site is your friend:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

You can alternatively try this, which was gotten from the above site:
    Index of /
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    This site is your friend:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

You can alternatively try this, which was gotten from the above site:
    Index of /

Well apparently I am way too dumb to figure this out. I miss my little penguin sitting quietly on my launcher page.

There isn't a simple like ipk that I can use to take the preware to my phone via os installer?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Well apparently I am way too dumb to figure this out. I miss my little penguin sitting quietly on my launcher page.

There isn't a simple like ipk that I can use to take the preware to my phone via os installer?
    Truth be told, I've never installed Preware this way, but I'll bet you can do it. Did you download the jar file (2nd link)? Save it to the same file as WebOSDoctor and launch it. I'll bet you get Preware installed in no time. Once it's installed, I imagine it will prompt you to update to Preware 0.9.5. Good luck.

Edit: In the alternative, you can download the exe file and let it take you through the steps, which I'm guessing will be the same as those for the jar file.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Truth be told, I've never installed Preware this way, but I'll bet you can do it. Did you download the jar file (2nd link)? Save it to the same file as WebOSDoctor and launch it. I'll bet you get Preware installed in no time. Once it's installed, I imagine it will prompt you to update to Preware 0.9.5. Good luck.

Edit: In the alternative, you can download the exe file and let it take you through the steps, which I'm guessing will be the same as those for the jar file.
    I can't get osinstall to pick up either of those files -- exe or jar -- he just wants ipk apparently. That's what is making feel so stupid -- can't get it to jump over to the PRE -- technical term, don't you know
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I can't get osinstall to pick up either of those files -- exe or jar -- he just wants ipk apparently. That's what is making feel so stupid -- can't get it to jump over to the PRE -- technical term, don't you know
    You don't need WebOS Quick Install; these are installers. Just click on either of the files and let the little doo-hickey -- another technical term -- do it's job. If I didn't hate emoticons so much, I'd add a
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    You don't need WebOS Quick Install; these are installers. Just click on either of the files and let the little doo-hickey -- another technical term -- do it's job. If I didn't hate emoticons so much, I'd add a
    OMG I LOVE YOU! Well I like you a lot!

I don't know why I didn't figure that out on my own, but it worked perfectly -- a little like magic. It says -- you should see preware on your pre (like there is a quarter behind your ear) - you don't know how it got there, but grateful it did!

Thanks for your patient help,
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    OMG I LOVE YOU! Well I like you a lot!

I don't know why I didn't figure that out on my own, but it worked perfectly -- a little like magic. It says -- you should see preware on your pre (like there is a quarter behind your ear) - you don't know how it got there, but grateful it did!

Thanks for your patient help,
    A girl crush! Cute. And you're very welcome. I'm glad I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    How exactly did you install them, and what versions do you have installed.

When you got the package manager service not running message, did you do as it said and simply restart Preware (not reboot your phone)?

-- Rod
    yes... i first instlled it when i saw he update on preware... after this didnt work.. i went on QI and removed both pms and preware... reinstalled both / this didnt work.. removed both then reintalled pms then preware.... after tis didnt work ... removed both + luna and reinstalled again 1 at a time... rebooted the phone tryied to restart luna but tells me the same error pms not running.... i thought restart and reboot was the same but looked it up and did it properly.... error message says restart then reboot did this but still not working... if i did something wrong let me know thanks...ive had the latest versions installed...
    Quote Originally Posted by sreyes View Post
    yes... i first instlled it when i saw he update on preware... after this didnt work.. i went on QI and removed both pms and preware... reinstalled both / this didnt work.. removed both then reintalled pms then preware.... after tis didnt work ... removed both + luna and reinstalled again 1 at a time... rebooted the phone tryied to restart luna but tells me the same error pms not running.... i thought restart and reboot was the same but looked it up and did it properly.... error message says restart then reboot did this but still not working... if i did something wrong let me know thanks...ive had the latest versions installed...
    Here is the absolute safest procedure. Most of the steps are superfluous, but it seems that the short version is not working for you (when it does work for just about everyone else) ....

0) Make sure you are using WOSQI 2.82, Preware 0.9.5 and Package Manager Service 0.9.16
    1) Use WOSQI to remove both Preware and Package Manager Service.
    2) Reboot the phone.
    3) Use WOSQI Device Management screen to ensure they are gone.
    4) Install just Package Manager Service
    5) Restart WOSQI
    6) Install just Preware
    7) Reboot the phone
    8) Wait until your carrier name appears in the top left corner
    9) Check that you have a network connection
    10) Use WOSQI Device Management screen to check the installed versions of Package Manager Service and Preware.
    11) Start Preware
    12) Make sure you don't move from Preware as the full-screen application while it is updating
    13) Make sure the phone doesn't go to sleep and loose the network connection after you start Preware
    14) If updating fails, then disable all feeds except the webos-internals feed and try again
    15) Enable feeds one by one to find any that are failing

If, after doing all the above, it still doesn't work, then ask for help in the #webos-internals IRC channel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i love this!!!

but i would like to see a app that can save all of your themes and you could change quickly back and forth between them.
    kind of like winter board for the jail broken itouch / iphone.
    I am posting this in Preware because I'm not sure where else it might belong. Yesterday, I woke up to the "ding dong" of my Pre on the Touchstone, telling me my battery had drained to 20%. The phone was also in offline mode, and the battery monitor that I ran immediately showed a drain rate of 15%. I swapped out the battery with a full spare, and the battery monitor showed the same drain rate, but I got EV back. I immediately removed My Flashlight, which was the last item installed. No change. I then tried to remove an email account, also recently added, and the account wouldn't remove. I tried several times, with several restarts, and finally chatted with Palm Tech Support. In the end, they had me do a partial erase which squared everything away (and has the nice side effect of giving me a much peppier phone) but my patches are still present and working but don't show up in Preware or WOSQI as installed. I ran the EPR twice, with resets, and got:

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting
    Postinst
    NOTE" No patches found!
    Removing package org.webosinternal.emergency-patch-recovery from root...
    Remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done

Under "tweaks" in WOSQI nothing shows up.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also ran the WeBOS Repair Utility, and there were no errors in files checked.

The patches are in the attached screen capture, taken before yesterday's misadventure.

I have the UpdateDaemon disabled, so I am not immediately concerned about WebOS updates, but I do wonder if I'll need to doctor my phone before the next one. I also wonder what alternatives there might be for removing these patches individually, outside of the usual efforts. Any answers--and hypotheses--would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McKathryn; 11/02/2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: I forgot to add something.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have a simple question. Can the guys working on preware verify that removing a patch in preware is the same as "ipkg -o /var remove <package>"?

I just want to make sure that if I run in into any hiccups that my originals will get restored correctly if I use that method.
    I put the latest OS on my Pre when I had no tweaks or anything installed yet. I had Preware on it and working before the update. But now, it doesn't work. I tried installing the Package Manager Service first and rebooting. Then Preware.

The error I get when running Preware is:

"The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? blah blah"

Can't seem to get this installed cleanly. I'm dying to check out the virtual keyboard.
    i haven't seen anyone else with the same problem that I'm experiencing.
    For the past day or two, preware has been hanging when it updates feeds. Sitting with the spinning circle, before it starts naming the individual feeds w/status bar(s).
    So, I went into preferences and idisabled all of the feeds, so that I could add them back 1 by 1.
    Now it hangs on startup with the message "Loading Package Information", and the spinning circle animation.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    i haven't seen anyone else with the same problem that I'm experiencing.
    For the past day or two, preware has been hanging when it updates feeds. Sitting with the spinning circle, before it starts naming the individual feeds w/status bar(s).
    So, I went into preferences and idisabled all of the feeds, so that I could add them back 1 by 1.
    Now it hangs on startup with the message "Loading Package Information", and the spinning circle animation.

Any ideas?
    WIFI or EVDO or 1X on the data? If not WIFI, try it on WIFI if you can.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Will do tonight.
    Office doesn't have wifi.

I know, it's like I'm living in the stone age.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also ran the WeBOS Repair Utility, and there were no errors in files checked.
    You might want to run the repair utility again with the compatibility mode turned off. Compatibility mode protects patches. If you run it out of compatibility it should fix all of the modified files I believe. Then your patches really will be gone and you can install them again fresh.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  19.    #3199  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have a simple question. Can the guys working on preware verify that removing a patch in preware is the same as "ipkg -o /var remove <package>"?

I just want to make sure that if I run in into any hiccups that my originals will get restored correctly if I use that method.
    It is not.

You have to run the prerem script before removing the package.

I don't know the command off the top of my head. It's probably on the wiki, or you can ask in #webos-internals.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I did run it with compatbility mode turned off just now, reset the phone, and the patches are still there. Preware still doesn't recognize them (which is what I used to install them). Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    You might want to run the repair utility again with the compatibility mode turned off. Compatibility mode protects patches. If you run it out of compatibility it should fix all of the modified files I believe. Then your patches really will be gone and you can install them again fresh.