Page 159 of 305 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Install the Terminal application using Preware, or use the Linux commandline screen in WebOS Quick Install, and tell me the output of the following commands:

ls -l /usr/local/bin/ipkg

du -s /var/usr/palm/applications

df /var

and join freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) for real-time assistance.

-- Rod
    Thanks I will check it out.

Here is the information:

root@castle: ls -l /user/local/bin/ipkg
    ls: /user/local/bin/ipkg: No such file or directory
    root@castle: du -s /var/usr/palm/applications
    32908 /var/usr/palm/applications
    root@castle: df /var
    Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-var
    253920 68400 185520 27% /var
    root@castle:

Does that mean I am 27% full or have 27% space left?
    The only thing I have changed is upgrading package services. I have tried to uninstall stuff since to create space. Thanks rwhitby
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 10/31/2009 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Thanks I will check it out.

Here is the information:

root@castle: ls -l /user/local/bin/ipkg
    ls: /user/local/bin/ipkg: No such file or directory
    root@castle: du -s /var/usr/palm/applications
    32908 /var/usr/palm/applications
    root@castle: df /var
    Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-var
    253920 68400 185520 27% /var
    root@castle:

Does that mean I am 27% full or have 27% space left?
    The only thing I have changed is upgrading package services. I have tried to uninstall stuff since to create space.
    Do the first command again using the correct file path (/usr, not /user).

You are 27% full, so you are not hitting the 100MiB free limit. You have less than 64MiB installed, so you should not be hitting the first limit.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Do the first command again using the correct file path (/usr, not /user).

You are 27% full, so you are not hitting the 100MiB free limit. You have less than 64MiB installed, so you should not be hitting the first limit.

-- Rod
    Sorry about that.... Here it is...

root@castle: ls -l /usr/local/bin/ipkg
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 68 Oct 31 19:23 /usr/local/bin/ipkg -> /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/files/ipkg
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Sorry about that.... Here it is...

root@castle: ls -l /usr/local/bin/ipkg
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 68 Oct 31 19:23 /usr/local/bin/ipkg -> /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice/files/ipkg
    OK, you'll need to join the IRC channel (URL is above) to debug further.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    OK, you'll need to join the IRC channel (URL is above) to debug further.

-- Rod
    rwhitby, Thanks for you help on the WebIRC!!!!
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 10/31/2009 at 09:59 PM.
    Package Manager Service 0.9.15 now automatically selects the webos-patches feed to match the running version of webOS.

-- Rod
    Package Manager Service 0.9.16 now solves a larger class of app install limit problems. Note that it does not and will not remove the 100MiB free space in /var safety net - use MvApp to do that.

-- Rod
    rwhitby, thank you for the help with my app limit problem through the Web IRC (freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)). And thanks for coming out with the updated Package Manager Service 0.9.16 to fix this for everyone so fast!
    hello again... i got it installed and running again but after the update now after reinstalling it afew times i get error message that my PMS is not running. ive rebooted my phone (restarted it ) dont want to doc it sence i just did this b4 to get te last upate to run ... any ideas thanks
    removed question as i fixed it.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 11/01/2009 at 10:37 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I had PMS 0.9.10. (Preware and PMS were last updated through Preware.) The PMS update didn't appear in Preware so I finally uninstalled Preware and PMS this morning and reinstalled PMS (through QI; no problems). I now have the latest PMS, but don't understand why Preware didn't provide PMS 0.9.13 or 0.9.16 as available updates. It's not important now, but I'm wondering if I might have committed a common error that prevented Preware from recognizing the available PMS update. (I received other updates even while I was updating feeds trying to get the PMS updates last night. I also enabled every feed; I knew it wouldn't help, but did it anyway.)

One possible clue: PMS 0.9.10 was not listed in Installed Packages/Service; it showed up in Installed Packages/Unknown. I suspect that's part of the problem, but I don't know if I did something that caused the problem.

As I said, it's fixed now. I'm just wondering if I committed a common mistake to "disable" PMS updates.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Don't know if it was mentioned yet or not, but it would be nice if Preware allowed you to select an IPK off the file system.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I had PMS 0.9.10. (Preware and PMS were last updated through Preware.) The PMS update didn't appear in Preware so I finally uninstalled Preware and PMS this morning and reinstalled PMS (through QI; no problems). I now have the latest PMS, but don't understand why Preware didn't provide PMS 0.9.13 or 0.9.16 as available updates. It's not important now, but I'm wondering if I might have committed a common error that prevented Preware from recognizing the available PMS update. (I received other updates even while I was updating feeds trying to get the PMS updates last night. I also enabled every feed; I knew it wouldn't help, but did it anyway.)

One possible clue: PMS 0.9.10 was not listed in Installed Packages/Service; it showed up in Installed Packages/Unknown. I suspect that's part of the problem, but I don't know if I did something that caused the problem.

As I said, it's fixed now. I'm just wondering if I committed a common mistake to "disable" PMS updates.

Thanks.
    Yes. A common mistake is that people install the Package Manager Service through some means other than the recommended means, and they end up with unconfigured webos-internals feeds.

If you look in the feeds management page, and a feed just says "feed" instead of a URL like all the others, then you have this problem, and you need to completely remove the Package Manager Service and then reinstall it correctly.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Don't know if it was mentioned yet or not, but it would be nice if Preware allowed you to select an IPK off the file system.
    That will not be added to Preware. Preware only installs apps from feeds for security reasons.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by sreyes View Post
    hello again... i got it installed and running again but after the update now after reinstalling it afew times i get error message that my PMS is not running. ive rebooted my phone (restarted it ) dont want to doc it sence i just did this b4 to get te last upate to run ... any ideas thanks
    How exactly did you install them, and what versions do you have installed.

When you got the package manager service not running message, did you do as it said and simply restart Preware (not reboot your phone)?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Yes. A common mistake is that people install the Package Manager Service through some means other than the recommended means, and they end up with unconfigured webos-internals feeds.

If you look in the feeds management page, and a feed just says "feed" instead of a URL like all the others, then you have this problem, and you need to completely remove the Package Manager Service and then reinstall it correctly.

-- Rod
    Thank you for your response. In the future, when Preware alerts me that an update to the Package Manager Service is available, I will scrutinize where the update is coming from. I should not assume a PMS update in Preware is an update by a recommended means. (I should know better than to assume.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Thank you for your response. In the future, when Preware alerts me that an update to the Package Manager Service is available, I will scrutinize where the update is coming from. I should not assume a PMS update in Preware is an update by a recommended means. (I should know better than to assume.)
    Updating through Preware *is* the recommended means.

At some points in the past, there was a problem with WebOS Quick Install and hard-coded package versions and dependencies which seems to have caused this for some people.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Updating through Preware *is* the recommended means.

At some points in the past, there was a problem with WebOS Quick Install and hard-coded package versions and dependencies which seems to have caused this for some people.

-- Rod
    I thought updating through Preware was the recommended means. (I didn't mention it in my prior post because "I thought it was the recommended means" sounded kinda snippy to me. No desire to be snippy here.) Obviously, I wasn't aware of the past problem with webOS QI; thank you for clearing it up for me. It would have bugged me otherwise. Buh-bye!
    Package Manager Service 0.9.15 now automatically selects the webos-patches feed to match the running version of webOS.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

Thanks for the update, I've added three 1.1.3 patches already.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  20. nak
    Yes, you should uninstall fair dinkum. The Package Manager Service update should have done this for you.

-- Rod
    No wonder Fair Dinkum disappeared after I updated the Package manager Service. I wondered what happened to it. It's good that the functionality has been streamlined.