Page 157 of 305 FirstFirst ... 57107147152153154155156157158159160161162167207257 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 6094
    Preware is 9999999999999+ times better than the app store!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Having an issue with installing Preware. When I click on the third icon, I get the following message: Please connect your device then hit ok. When I connect my Palm Pre (I enter the Just Charge option), I get error no device attached. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    1+1+1=3
    Quote Originally Posted by johnshaft View Post
    Having an issue with installing Preware. When I click on the third icon, I get the following message: Please connect your device then hit ok. When I connect my Palm Pre (I enter the Just Charge option), I get error no device attached. What am I doing wrong?
    This is not a Preware problem it should be addressed in the WOSQI thread.

But since were here.

a) reboot your computer and phone.

If that doesnt work try option b
    b) if your using windows Start>run>services.msc) make sure novacom is started.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    This is not a Preware problem it should be addressed in the WOSQI thread.

But since were here.

a) reboot your computer and phone.

If that doesnt work try option b
    b) if your using windows Start>run>services.msc) make sure novacom is started.
    One can also try one of the stand-alone Preware installers at

http://get.preware.org/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Hi all, im new to these forums, just picked up my pre yesterday (uk, O2).

Ive installed the webos package and started installing homebrew apps and all is well, Ive now installed preware (followed a guide called preware for noobs on everythingtreo) and most patches are installing but the message forwarding, launcher 5x4 and the date in top bar patches wont install, it keeps giving me an error.

Ive searched around but havent found the answer so hoping someone can help me. I apologise if its something silly im missing, this is new to me.

thanks for any help
    I'm not sure all the patches even work with 02 pre to be honest .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    You need to change the Preware feed for webos-patches to the 1.1.3 link if memory serves me.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You need to change the Preware feed for webos-patches to the 1.1.3 link if memory serves me.
    thanks, found the thread on how to do this
    Last edited by diggedy; 10/30/2009 at 06:33 AM.
    Preware is SO MUCH BETTER THAN APP Catalog, ESPECIALLY If you live outside of the US !!

Canada for instance doesn't have paid apps therefore any new app that enters the catalog with a trial / purchase option (most) isn't available for us Canucks.

My only recommendation is that devs would leave their apps in preware when they get accepted into the App catalog (until the app catalog is equal everywhere)
    now there are 300 apps in catalog.....
    ...and how many of those apps are homebrew graduates?

Its only natural to say that the App Catalog and Preware are not competitors, but (dare I say it) in a Synergistic relationship!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    One can also try one of the stand-alone Preware installers at

Index of /

-- Rod
    Oh yeah I forgot about those! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by johnshaft View Post
    Make sure you are in developer mode. It's easy to forget.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    anybody help with the most recent issues with preware?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...root-mode.html

Or read the Thread " Offline Root Mode " it is basically not allowing installs from Webosinternals and proving an Error: Offline Root Mode: Not Running.
    Under "List of Everything" in Preware v0.9.4, Fair Dinkum is not showing for me, and my feed updates are set to on launch.

Also "MvApp" and "Terminal" are not showing up either. I have seen "Terminal" in the past tho.

Anyone know why certain items like these would not show up in Preware when normally they would?
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  17.    #3137  
    "offline root mode" is not an error.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    The current version of Preware is 0.9.5 -- I'd try that, first. Fair Dinkum is showing up in my LOE.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Update, issue 3 is resolved. 1 and 2 are still prominent.. any help?
    I can see it here as well.

Available Other => Linux Application => Utilities => Fair Dinkum App Limit