Page 156 of 305 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 6094
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    if you have Preware, there is an 'installed' group.... in there you can remove whatever you like....

also, i think there is an app/patch that removes all the patches in one shot..."epr" i think?
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    i think is absourd that Palm in Europe don't have released fw 1.2.1 or higher yet !!!!!!!!

Pre with 1.1.3 has a lot of problems like battery life , patches that can't install , don' t has a Navigator Turn by Turn , ecc....

Palm , GET UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick.hill View Post
    Yep hdhunter... the reboot worked fine....
    Thanks.
    Glad it worked...didn't intend to be short when I posted that. Was in a hurry...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    My themer is finiky. It will work sometimes (usually it dosnt) and sometimes its fine. Any reason for this? Some please help me out.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Can you guys add the ability to send the ipkg log from preware via Email? I think it will help with some patch debug. ie patches colliding. It refrerences the hunk and file in which it failed. Sending this to the developer might be handy.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Can you guys add the ability to send the ipkg log from preware via Email? I think it will help with some patch debug. ie patches colliding. It refrerences the hunk and file in which it failed. Sending this to the developer might be handy.
    Good idea. Maybe in the Preferences add a default email address for log reports. Then a simple email icon button on the log screen to fire it off.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    So someone commented elsewhere on Precentral about the lack of documentation on the official preware wiki. I have started updating the page, adding some features, and starting to work through usage instructions along with some screen shots. Feel free to critique it, add to it, update it or what have you. If you want to PM me anything specific you would like to see in it, please do so. For those that don't know here is the link to the wiki page for Preware.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    -----------------
    when I first got my pre at launch I was constantly checking the app catalog and update app for anything new. Now that I installed preware I rarely check either because most solutions can be found via homebrew I wonder how long the homebrew stuff will last. At some point will palm shut it down?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    never. its free R&D for them.
    +1
    It is in Palms best interest. It allows them to compete at a much lower cost since they don't pay the outside community. IAnd it can only lead to bigger gains, faster for palm.
    is it just me or is it taking long as hell for preware to download feeds tonight?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Palm has supported Homebrew since the beginning. Open source ideals at work.

GO PALM!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I find that it takes a random long time on EVDO, but goes quicker usually on my wifi.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Palm will never shut down home brew that is above board. In other words home brew that doesn't steal from others, doesn't cause problems for the OS, and plays nice with others. I could imagine them having problems with people stealing code from paid apps, and then trying to pass it off as homebrew.

But yeah, Palm appears to be supporting Preware and the homebrew community 100%
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    A few problems here..

1) 9 times out 10, when I try to open preware it just gets stuck at checking version, or updating.. it hardly EVER opens correctly. Is mine corrupt or is this standard?

2) In the updates section it constantly wants to update preware.. should I be doing this?

3) Last but not least.. I used it to install a theme, then uninstalled said theme, and then installed another theme.. the new theme didn't have as many switches as the old one, and now some of my screens are still stuck on the old theme.. is there a way to default just my theme without going to the doctor and redoing it all?

Thank youuuuuuuu
    -Chris
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I'm sorta the opposite. I never checked the app catalog and always checked on homebrew. Now I pretty much only check preware for the patches and find myself checking the catalog daily.
    Last edited by Tibfib; 10/29/2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    I'm sorta the opposite. I never checked the app catalog and always checked on homebrew. No I pretty much only check preware for the patches and find myself checking the catalog daily.
    x2
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Can't you check Preware for not only patches but homebrew apps? I thought preware has everything listed?

Am I missing something. Now that Preware is in the picture why do we even need filecoaster?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is it just me or is it taking long as hell for preware to download feeds tonight?
    Not sure if its just you or not but mine loads extremely fast!

I've never had a problem w/ Preware even W/ 1 bar and no wifi, I also have themes disabled so they dont load while loading.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not sure if its just you or not but mine loads extremely fast!

I've never had a problem w/ Preware even W/ 1 bar and no wifi, I also have themes disabled so they dont load while loading.
    my bad...i forgot to update....its working now...it was working b4...thanks for ur reply anyways
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!