Page 154 of 305 FirstFirst ... 54104144149150151152153154155156157158159164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 6094
    Did the update of package manager and Preware, took a few minutes, but Preware works just fine and it shows all the stuff I have loaded.

Nice work!
    Most of the applications I've tried to install all work fine. I'm mainly have trouble with patches not installing. I'll start a thread now with what applications I have installed using 1.1.3
    I'm ready to rock whenever you are, marq22.

Hit me up on aim if you haven't resolved getting preware to work.

aim-vision of demons
    I had the same problem. I put it in dev mode (that's it) and it worked.
    Yeah, it's definitely some overlook minor step.

Either dev mode, java, or not plugging the phone in when (RE)installing novacom...

We shall see!
    Some times I just give it an hour or so and all is fine. Prolly not your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Get command line access on the Pre (either using NovaTerm, or WebOS Quick Install Linux commandline, or using the Terminal application) and type

"ipkg -o /var update"

and post the results.

-- Rod
    I played around with the preware settings. I went into prefrences and by update feeds i selected manual only and everything seems to be fine now.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I cant get passed checking version??

now i have no installed feeds and it still downloading feed info. retried a few times should i delete and redownload through quickinstall?
    Last edited by Intlstyle; 10/26/2009 at 09:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post
    I cant get passed checking version??

now i have no installed feeds and it still downloading feed info. retried a few times should i delete and redownload through quickinstall?
    My Pre is stuck at Checking Version.... Preware worked fine and I updated the latest package and preware (o.9.4)... then I started to see sporatic connections in preware. Now it just spins. Under the Feeds ... nothing is populated... I changed the Update Feeds from Manually Only to Every Launch and then back again... still spins.

At this point do I uninstall and then reinstall using Quick Install?
    Thanks...
    Last edited by rick.hill; 10/26/2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: left out version
    Once you do all that. what do you have to do to forward the message?
    How do you forward once all is installed
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hey, I'm ready, I have yahoo messenger, will that work? and should I do that on my desktop, since I am trying to install this stuff on my laptop? Or you can call me, I am quite computer illiterate.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Where yall at, LOL. I tried all the steps, I got in developer mode, connected and hit "just charge" but when I click install novacom...nothing happens. Am I suppose to see something installing? I usually wait a while then use task manager to end the program cause it wont close when I click it. It freezes totally.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    To the 2 previous people... Please go through the forum here. There are lots of posts and instructions on this already... And even before you do that try rebooting and Airplane mode on/off
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Yep hdhunter... the reboot worked fine....
    Thanks.
    Simple (may even say stupid) question about the Terminal app...
    I just downloaded it and typed in the commands to prevent automatic updates....but after you've typed in everything, how do you actually enter the command lines? Hitting enter just gives a new line....sorry. I know this is lame, but when it comes to command line programs, I am a total newbie.
    hey, just got around to installing preware? Working pretty good, but got a question. I have to restart my pre for the patches to take effect, is that standard or am I doing something wrong.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    That's standard.
    thank you.
    You can download the Luna Manager app and just restart luna instead of the whole system. it is a bit faster that way.