Page 153 of 305 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 6094
    I got it....I put the phone in Devoloper Mode then had to take battery out for serial number..it wasn't in developer Mode. So I put it in again and it worked.

THANK YOU VEEDUB65, RAWANDVITAL & SHADAVIS08! I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!!!
    see my man... It works. Just overlooked a minor step. Glad you gor it rockin. I was about to tell you to jump on aim or gtalk to help figure it out. Enjoy preware!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    When click novacom installtion, nothing happens. Help!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marq22 View Post
    When click novacom installtion, nothing happens. Help!
    I had to install manually; perhaps that will work for you. Instructions here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I dont have windows 7, have vista, will that matter? I will try.
    I dont have windows 7, have vista, will that matter? I will try.
    did u follow muy directions?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i had already tried some other "directions" and installed the webos quick installer. It didnt work, so I was looking for anothe solution and found this thread which doesnt work past clicking on install novacom. Yes I followed the directions but when I clck to install novacom, nothing happens.

Should I try uninstalling and starting from scratch?
    i had already tried some other "directions" and installed the webos quick installer. It didnt work, so I was looking for anothe solution and found this thread which doesnt work past clicking on install novacom. Yes I followed the directions but when I clck to install novacom, nothing happens.

Should I try uninstalling and starting from scratch?
    Did you try rebooting your computer and trying again
    m... restart everyything. check for debveloper mode. make sure pre is plugged in beforr u try and reinstall unovacom. if nothing works aim me to,morrow.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I did all that multiple times, will holla at you tomorrow.
    Thanks
    preware was working like 3 hours a go now it won't load I restarted the pre but it still won't load it stays there loading ughhh ***!! Help
    haven't launched preware on my pre in a week or so. Tonight I launch it and it just says updating. I let ig go for 5 minutes and it still says updating. I went into preload and it said there was an update for preware. I did the update theorugh preload and it said completed. I launch preware now and it says downloading feed information. Its been doing that for 8 minutes and nothing else is happening. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    someone said to turn the data off, then launch preware, then once it's open turn data back on to download apps. I suspect either you have poor data coverage right now, or that it would be working now as mine works.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    someone said to turn the data off, then launch preware, then once it's open turn data back on to download apps. I suspect either you have poor data coverage right now, or that it would be working now as mine works.
    turn the data off??? And I have good connection I'm on wifi right now it was working perfect 3 hours or so ago
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling Preware. (You didn't mention that you had done that so I'm assuming all you've done so far is reset your phone.)
    Same issue. I downloaded Preware this evening 10-25-2009 and it worked once, and now when I click on the Preware icon it just continually shows "Updating". Going to leave it going all night just to see if it stops.
    preware was working for me about 3 hours a go now it stopped working in won't load the only time I get it to load is when I put the phone in airplain mode and lunch preware and it loads but I can't get it to install a theme
  18. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Try disabling and re-enabling your WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    haven't launched preware on my pre in a week or so. Tonight I launch it and it just says updating. I let ig go for 5 minutes and it still says updating. I went into preload and it said there was an update for preware. I did the update theorugh preload and it said completed. I launch preware now and it says downloading feed information. Its been doing that for 8 minutes and nothing else is happening. Any ideas?
    I closed and opened Preware a few times and it finally came up. But that is the older ver, I haven't done the update yet. It's been running so good I don't want to mess with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Get command line access on the Pre (either using NovaTerm, or WebOS Quick Install Linux commandline, or using the Terminal application) and type

"ipkg -o /var update"

and post the results.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals