Page 152 of 305 FirstFirst ... 52102142147148149150151152153154155156157162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 6094
    I have been reading this forum for the past week and still can't get Web Docter to do anything and the the Quick Install won't read my device. I think it's time I give up. I have read and tried everything in this forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by keisha007 View Post
    I have read and tried everything in this forum!!
    Not to be a smartass, but no, you haven't tried everything. If you had, Preware would be rocking.

1. Is your device in developer mode?
    2. Can you use novaterm to connect to your device?

If you have solid answers for those, please post them so people can start to figure out what's wrong. If you don't know how to answer those, then you need to go back and read the directions for using WebOSQuickInstall and for installing Preware again, because you missed more than half of it.
    Wow.... This is simple!!!

Listen carefully. Follow these steps and you will get it working. I had a couple troubles and just read and did some searches and figured it out. If people dig in a little more and read they will eventually figure it out. BUT since some people can't figure it out. I'm going to post a step by step guide. A simple step by step guide. If you're still confused, I'll do a detailed step by step video and post it on youtube.

Follow these steps!

PUT YOUR PRE IN DEVELOPER MODE... just start typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. no spaces. The icon should pop up. Switch it on and it will tell you to restart.

RESTART both your PRE (putting it in developer mode should restart it) and your COMPUTER before doing step 1.

1. Go to this link (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html)

2. Scroll down below the donate button and click download. Save it on your desktop. It's the latest version of WebOS quick install. You'll need this.

3. Make sure you have WebOS Doctor. you can find it here I believe (Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint)

4. NEVER INSTALL THE WebOS doctor. Just make sure you download it to your desktop for the time being. That's all you'll need to do.

5. Double Click your WebOS Quick Install. It should load up.

6. Plug in your PRE, let your computer recognize it and click "JUST CHARGE".

7. in WebOS Quick Install, go to 'FILE'. Click 'OPTIONS'. A window will pop up. Now, MAKE SURE your Pre is plugged in like I told you in step 6. Click Attempt NOVACOM (RE)INSTALLATION . It should install and do its thing.

Once that is finished...

8. click CLOSE. it will go back to the main window.

9. On the main window, see the picture of the PRE on the lower right hand side? The button right above the picture. It looks like a green arrow pointing to a white drive or something. CLICK THAT!

10. CLICK WebOS Internals Feed (ALL)

11. Check the Package Manager Service box from the list. Click Download. then close or whatever to take you back to the main WebOS quick install window. The Package Manager Service should be in that window. Click it and highlight it. and down below on the bottom of the window, CLICK INSTALL. It will install and finish.

12. Click on the button again, the one with the Green Arrow pointing att he white harddrive looking thing. CLICK WebOS Internals Feed (ALL).

13. Check the Preware box from the list. Click download. close that window out and it should take you back to the main quick install window. The Preware file should be in the window now. Click it and highlight it. And CLICK INSTALL down below. THERE.... FINISHED.

Close Webos Quick Install, unplug your pre. Take it out of developer mode. It will restart. Find Preware in your launcher and go to town.

If this doesn't work for you. which it should.... I typed every step....... I dunno what to tell you!
    Ok, I installed the new package mngr and also the new preware but after that the theme that I had installed no longer shows up under "installed" so.... ??? HOW DO I UNINSTALL THE THEME IF IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IT??? HELP!! I'm very familiar w/ WebOS Dr.ing the phone but I'm kinda sick of doing that. :-(
    I tried to look for this in previous threads and I couldn't find any info, so I apologize in advance if this has been already answered.

I just did a reset on my Pre (using webOSDoctor) and I had to manually re-select all patches and apps I had previously downloaded via Preware. Is there any app that lets me sync these with the PC or a way I can back up all patches and apps, so when we do a firmware upgrade or a reset etc I won't have to spend hours selecting what I need again?

Many thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I tried to look for this in previous threads and I couldn't find any info, so I apologize in advance if this has been already answered.

I just did a reset on my Pre (using webOSDoctor) and I had to manually re-select all patches and apps I had previously downloaded via Preware. Is there any app that lets me sync these with the PC or a way I can back up all patches and apps, so when we do a firmware upgrade or a reset etc I won't have to spend hours selecting what I need again?

Many thanks
    Vas

All patches must re checked and or modified after each firmware update so what your asking could cause serious issues to the OS.

You can download the .ipk from the homebrew section and install the homebrews back via WOSQI. You can download the patches as well and install the same way.

you can do multiples that way, just drag and drop into WOSQI.

http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...s/trees/master
    Last edited by 2sslow; 10/25/2009 at 04:49 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    Ok, I installed the new package mngr and also the new preware but after that the theme that I had installed no longer shows up under "installed" so.... ??? HOW DO I UNINSTALL THE THEME IF IT DOESN'T RECOGNIZE IT??? HELP!! I'm very familiar w/ WebOS Dr.ing the phone but I'm kinda sick of doing that. :-(
    Type "ipkg -o /var list_installed" on the Linux command line of the Pre and post the output.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am having real problems with Preware. I have got it installed and managed to get a couple of patches installed.

However almost every app or patch I try gives an error message when trying to install. The error states to check the lkpg log. When I do it says that something has failed. I tried to remove all patches and take off preware and do it all from scratch but I still get the error.

I have a UK GSM pre on software 1.1.3 Could that be the problem?
    yes that is the problem only a small amount work on 113 I used webos docter for sprint to restore mine to us factory settings I.e 121
    UK PRE USER
    I didn't think that would stop any of the actual applications installing?
    Quote Originally Posted by steve5424 View Post
    I am having real problems with Preware. I have got it installed and managed to get a couple of patches installed.

However almost every app or patch I try gives an error message when trying to install. The error states to check the lkpg log. When I do it says that something has failed. I tried to remove all patches and take off preware and do it all from scratch but I still get the error.

I have a UK GSM pre on software 1.1.3 Could that be the problem?
    Most of them are compiled for 1.2.1 so until this becomes available in the UK (or unless you flash your Pre with the Sprint firmware) you cannot install them using Preware.

Hope this helps
    Vas
    great app. Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Ahh ok, I'll just uninstall and wait till the UK gets the update.
    @V,Okay....... I was being sarcastic. I have been on here quite a bit to the point that it gets confusing. I am afraid i don't know what developer mode is and i had not tried Novaterm.

@ Raw, I will read and try what you suggested now.

Thank you both for the responses.
    Got to #9 and it reads no Device detected.
    Quote Originally Posted by keisha007 View Post
    Got to #9 and it reads no Device detected.

There are only 3 possible explanations for this.

a. You didn't enable dev mode.

b. You do not have the novacom drivers installed and running correctly on your desktop.

c. You have a 1:1000000000000 hardware defect on your Pre which causes no errors, but somehow keeps dev mode from working.

We'll skip right over "a" because you said you got to #9, which means you either enabled dev mode, or there's no chance of further help.

We'll skip "c" because 1:1000000000000 is pretty long odds.

That leaves up with "b" which is frequently glossed over.

Open up WebOSQuickInstall. Click "File" and "Options." There are two options on this screen you care about.

The first one is a box that lets you select using a USB device, or using the emulator. Be sure you're using the USB device.

The other option is a big friendly button that says "Attempt Novacom (re)installation."

Click the big friendly button, reboot your computer, go back to step #9 above.
    also make sure you put webos doctor and webos QI into a folder together with the install folder . i know someone that had trouble with this as well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thanks, about to attempt now......BRB!
    I guess I have the defected device. I know I put it in developer mode. Is it hopeless for me? I have also saw and attempted to follow a You Tube video also.
    you should try another usb cable or a different usb slot there have been a few bad cables and of course try your usb slot on the computer might ba bad so check to see if it is working properly
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->