Page 146 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4696136141142143144145146147148149150151156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 6094
    do u have the most updated version on WOSQI? i had the same exact problem last night, but i was able to install the necessary files to get preware onto my new pre when i re-downloaded WOSQI.. try that..
    whats the latest
    I have a lot of duplicate items in the pateches section, it is not a big problem but I was wondering why.
    Sounds like you possibly have the AutoPatch Feed installed, which is now obsolete.
    Check your installed packages under feeds and see if "autopatch-feed" is listed.
    If so uninstall it, then update feeds in the preferences menu, and the duplicates should disapear.
    Thank you az, that did it, another question. I had installed some tweeks via webos QI and I thought they should show as installed on Preware but some of them do not, any ideas why?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocman00 View Post
    whats the latest
    2.82 I believe.
    dont quote me (because i cant find the link) but i think its 8.2.. if i remember it correctly.. good luck

2.82 like spud said.. that sounds familiar
    Last edited by xclusivevuitton; 10/21/2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: wrong info..
    Make sure it's in Developers mode (search)
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Thank you az, that did it, another question. I had installed some tweeks via webos QI and I thought they should show as installed on Preware but some of them do not, any ideas why?
    Read the thread at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...s-removed.html for more info on this issue.... You're not alone, and it's being looked into....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks to all who helped. I found out the culprit. I had an app that got larger and was talking most of my space.

What I did, beside running the fair app, was

1) install the terminal app
    2) install the mvapp app.

Both of these were installed using preware.

Then I ran the terminal app.
    From the terminal I typed:

mvapp bulkmv

That gave me a choice to move the apps to another folder where there was no limit. I hit y enter to all the ones I wanted to move. I moved about ten of them and now I have enough space to install new apps.

If you need more info go to: Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by rsamsel View Post
    I have tried the stand alone .exe and .jar....both hang on installing with no progress.

I know you want more steps but it would be simply impossible to go through everything I've done with the phone. As I stated prior I updated Preware without knowing a new package service was required. After that broke Preware I uninstalled both the "package" and Preware. That is the point I am now at. I will reinstall the package and it installs seemingly fine. The Preware install goes as expected but does not actually install the application.

I am at the exact same point. I have tried to follow every direction word for word on every website and wiki how-to website you can think of. Package shows up but the Preware icon will not come back on the Pre. I've been at this 3 days straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw View Post
    I'll try to get that excruciating detail for you tonight.

EDIT: unless it's easier to do over IRC?
    IRC is even better.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by cthreazy View Post
    I am at the exact same point. I have tried to follow every direction word for word on every website and wiki how-to website you can think of. Package shows up but the Preware icon will not come back on the Pre. I've been at this 3 days straight.
    Please see http://forums.precentral.net/1990743-post2719.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I got it to work! The thing that worked for me was to uninstall Package Service, reboot. Install Package Service and then reboot. Install Preware and it loaded just fine.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson1983 View Post
    I got it to work! The thing that worked for me was to uninstall Package Service, reboot. Install Package Service and then reboot. Install Preware and it loaded just fine.

Thanks!
    Tried your method and did not work for me. Did you use WOSQI for all the uninstalls and installs?
    i am having problems when installing patches and apps.. i keep getting an ipkg error--

ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during install operation--

ipkg_download:ERROR:Command failed with return value 1

it says "perhaps you need to run ipkg update"

wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org"

can anyone help?
  17.    #2917  
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade_23 View Post
    i am having problems when installing patches and apps.. i keep getting an ipkg error--

ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during install operation--

ipkg_download:ERROR:Command failed with return value 1

it says "perhaps you need to run ipkg update"

wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org"

can anyone help?
    That error means you failed to download the package to install it.

Can you get to ipkg.preware.org in your pres browser?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I wish i could select which feeds to use. I don't use themes and half the load time is used to aggregate through the 400+ themes. The number of themes is eventually going to cross into the thousands and I don't want it getting slooooower and slooooower
  19.    #2919  
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    I wish i could select which feeds to use. I don't use themes and half the load time is used to aggregate through the 400+ themes. The number of themes is eventually going to cross into the thousands and I don't want it getting slooooower and slooooower
    AppMenu (where it says preware in the top left corner) -> Preferences, Feeds (button on the top right.)
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Soon I will go through this process:
    1. Make a list of all of the patches that I have installed.
    2. Install EPR to remove them all.
    3. Update to 1.2.1.
    4. Go through that list re-installing each patch.

Probably have to do that for every future upgrade too.

Can Preware help with steps 1 and 4? Granted, some patches might not be compatible and might fail to re-install. On some other version upgrade, some prior patches might become unnecessary, and thus shouldn't be reinstalled. But in general I'll likely want to get my Pre back to the state it was in before the upgrade.

Maybe a button to store the list of installed patches, and post-upgrade a way to bring up that list as if it were a feed (or category or whatever) of its own.

There are just so many patches, and quite a few with very similar names, that I'd like a little help from the phone.
    Is there any feature which could be added to Preware to help with this?