Page 144 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4494134139140141142143144145146147148149154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 6094
    OMG!!! I'm about to lose it! I don't have exactly the same issue but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Up until last week Preware worked flawlessly. One day, I tried to access Preware and everything was blank (there were no numbers for available patches, applications, etc.). I have since uninstalled Package Manager Service and Preware and all installed patches via the latest WebOS Install, rebooted my Pre and reinstalled till I am exhausted. I don't know what else to do. Now I can get the Package Manager icon to show up on the Pre but when I install Preware, the icon never shows up. It's driving me crazy! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    upgrading? you mean like 16gb version of the pre? I havent heard that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    next time you get preware to open go into preferances and change the update feeds button to once daily and you'll be able to open almost evertime . The problem lies somewhere in the feeds updating on their server , not sure why but when I get the cheking version I reboot my phone and that works most of the time .of course they could be adding patches or something but I don't think that would slow it down.
    Don't think that's the issue as mine is set to update every launch and I've had no probs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    took awhile, but back up...
    You might want to follow @webosinternals on Twitter to get future planned maintenance outage notices (we tweeted twice for this one, once over a day before, and once during the outage). We added 16GB of RAM to better handle future peak loads.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    You might want to follow @webosinternals on Twitter to get future planned maintenance outage notices (we tweeted twice for this one, once over a day before, and once during the outage). We added 16GB of RAM to better handle future peak loads.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

-- Rod
    thats kool mine worked just fine anyways i dont understand why but it did lol

oh and ROD i dont twitter lol thanks !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

-- Rod
    Awesome that was what I thought might be happening. Damn you for being the reason that I create a twitter account.
    Ive done all the above and it doesnt work, ive removed the app and re-installed it and delved into web-internals trying to find some sort of solution I dont post an issue im having unless ive fully done my research... eg my post for webosquickinstall v2.03 and the guide i posted when we were waiting for robentile to get his latest release done. Regardless its seeming more and more im going to have to frag the phone and start over *sadface*
    Quote Originally Posted by berrabus@gmail.com View Post
    Ive done all the above and it doesnt work, ive removed the app and re-installed it and delved into web-internals trying to find some sort of solution I dont post an issue im having unless ive fully done my research... eg my post for webosquickinstall v2.03 and the guide i posted when we were waiting for robentile to get his latest release done. Regardless its seeming more and more im going to have to frag the phone and start over *sadface*
    Explain exactly (i.e. tools, versions, buttons clicked, screens showed, etc in excruciating detail) how you removed both the Package Manager Service and Preware, and then installed them separately in that order, and still have problems. Do it all in one post, assuming that nothing you have written previously has been read.

We can only help if we have this excruciating level of detail.

-- Rod
    anyone? its very bothering
    I'm trying to uninstall a few apps and patches with Preware, which was what I used to install them in the first place.

I'm getting some errors.

Example, I'm trying to uninstall 'Read/Delete All Email'.

I say 'remove' wait until I'm prompted to hit the 'OK' button.

Then I get 'error removing: see Ipkg log confirm unlock a prerm saying 'nothing interesting'

Failed, I get:

ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'prerm' operation

/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.patch: No such file or directory

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.prem: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.patch: no such file

Now for some reason, not understand the above lines, it seems it can't find something.

Or has it already been deleted, and if so, why is it still showing up in Preware?

Thanks for you help!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I'm trying to uninstall a few apps and patches with Preware, which was what I used to install them in the first place.

I'm getting some errors.

Example, I'm trying to uninstall 'Read/Delete All Email'.

I say 'remove' wait until I'm prompted to hit the 'OK' button.

Then I get 'error removing: see Ipkg log confirm unlock a prerm saying 'nothing interesting'

Failed, I get:

ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'prerm' operation

/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.patch: No such file or directory

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.prem: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.patch: no such file

Now for some reason, not understand the above lines, it seems it can't find something.

Or has it already been deleted, and if so, why is it still showing up in Preware?

Thanks for you help!

Rob
    Thanks. That's the type of problem report we can do something with.

Was /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.patch the real name of the file it was complaining about, or /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all/org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all.patch ? (yes, I understand it's a very long thing to transcribe by hand)

It seems that somehow the actual patch file has gone missing from the application directory.

Your Pre is in one of two states:

1) The package has been removed, and the webOS files are in their pristine state, but ipkg thinks the package is still installed.

2) The file has gone missing, but the webOS files are still patched, and ipkg thinks the package is still installed.

The solutions are:

1) Run "ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all"

2) Run "ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all" and then use the WebOS Repair Utility to restore the webOS files that the patch touches (you can determine this by looking at the patch file in the gitorious modifications git repo).

Try solution #2 - if the repair utility says the files are ok, then you were in state #1 and all is good.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsmesomemusiq View Post
    have since uninstalled Package Manager Service and Preware and all installed patches via the latest WebOS Install, rebooted my Pre and reinstalled till I am exhausted. I don't know what else to do. Now I can get the Package Manager icon to show up on the Pre but when I install Preware, the icon never shows up. It's driving me crazy! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    I am having this exact same problem. I can't reinstall preware =(
    Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw View Post
    I am having this exact same problem. I can't reinstall preware =(
    Please give us excruciating detail of tools used, versions of the tools, buttons clicked, screenshots of each step, etc. showing you uninstalling both Preware and the Package Manager Service, and then installing Package Manager Service and then separately installing Preware.

We need the excruciating detail, and evidence of what you actually did in screenshots, to be able to debug why it's not working for you.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The solutions are:

1) Run "ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all"

2) Run "ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all" and then use the WebOS Repair Utility to restore the webOS files that the patch touches (you can determine this by looking at the patch file in the gitorious modifications git repo).

Try solution #2 - if the repair utility says the files are ok, then you were in state #1 and all is good.

-- Rod
    Just to make sure I understand you correctly:

Attempt to do step 2 first, then step 1.

And thanks, yeah it's a pain to type it in.

And by the way, this not the only patch this is happening to me on.

I don't know if when I first tried this, the servers were down and now I'm in this state?

Also, my Pre is acting at times very sluggish. Something out of the ordinary.

I did a reboot to clear it out and so far it's back to working, but I have a feeling something is going on here.

Rob

PS Is it better to try and use WEBOSQI, or the Emergency Patch thing?

Thanks!

If you don't reply in a few, I might put this off until tomorrow, its late and I never got to bed last night. Or I should say I never feel asleep last night!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

im having trouble i reinstalled pack mgr and preware after sprint did a hard reset and but i cant install anything. I had preware before and i had that 4x4 patch so they did the reset and the patch stayed on now i cant uninstall and it wont let me install anything with preware nowit gives me an error installing see ipkg log
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa2001 View Post
    im having trouble i reinstalled pack mgr and preware after sprint did a hard reset and but i cant install anything. I had preware before and i had that 4x4 patch so they did the reset and the patch stayed on now i cant uninstall and it wont let me install anything with preware nowit gives me an error installing see ipkg log
    Explain exactly (i.e. tools, versions, buttons clicked, screens showed, etc in excruciating detail) how you removed both the Package Manager Service and Preware, and then installed them separately in that order, and still have problems. Do it all in one post, assuming that nothing you have written previously has been read. Include lots and lots of screenshots of each step.

We can only help if we have this excruciating level of detail.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I had the updating/checking version hangs a couple times. Once last night around 6p central (in case there was maintenance going on). I don't know what it is but I know every time it has happened to me it'll sometimes correct if I just close the card and try again. Last night it was back on first try right after I rebooted just to see what would happen.

My point being that I'll always defer to those who know but I'd suggest trying stuff like this before deciding there's a problem that needs a solution. That way they can keep doing neat stuff.

I don't think we all happen to do this right when maintenance is going on and at the risk of sounding like a dope to real developers, I think sometimes it just doesn't make the connection on the first try. I don't let it go more than a minute before just trying again. It has never taken more than a reboot to get in. And we can all use a nice refreshing nap now and then :-)
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre