Page 142 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 6094
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Well, I went to the Palm Support page...it may be a coincidence, but after doing what they said...it works! I reset the network connection (third time) and reset the prl (something about roaming) and used "reset" under the "device info"...and PRESTO...it works!

Is there a difference between a luna restart and resetting? I was using luna manager because I thought that would be "better" but I hadn't all done a regular reset.

Now I can reinstall all my stuff! I had uninstalled my theme, preware, tweaks, patches, homebrews and package manager...had to put package manager back for webos quickinstall to work, though.

Oh, well...no idea what happened around 7 pm last night...glad it's over! I can put my computer back in my bookbag until work tomorrow! I pretty much use my Pre unless I need to print or it's too hard to navigate a site...

thanks

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Does preware or package install manager run anything in the background? My battery life hasn't been as good as usual and I'm trying to isolate the culprit.

The only tweaks I have installed are: 4x4 v3, add/remove launcher pages, text forwarding, date added next to time on top, read/delete all email, and I'm hiding all those built in apps I don't use.

Thanks!
  3.    #2823  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahogue82 View Post
    Does preware or package install manager run anything in the background? My battery life hasn't been as good as usual and I'm trying to isolate the culprit.

The only tweaks I have installed are: 4x4 v3, add/remove launcher pages, text forwarding, date added next to time on top, read/delete all email, and I'm hiding all those built in apps I don't use.

Thanks!
    Preware and the Package Manger Service do nothing in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Preware and the Package Manger Service do nothing in the background.
    Not a direct reply, simply vicariously replying to the originl post this quote is in reference to. There are, however, reports elsewhere in the forums about dwindling battery life. Some claiming a relation to WebOS 1.2+

I'd suggest using the search feature.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I tried to install the more icons on the launcher screen patches (bit silly before I'd thoroughly read the description), and they didn't work (naturally) for my 1.1.3 pre...

So I guess this will be a painless update to 1.2 or 1.3

On a side note; I was about to try to install a theme, but stopped short as there didn't seem to be a way to switch between installed themes... I'm guessing there'll either be an app to switch between them in preware, or I need to back up the existing theme first (no idea how I'd go about that)... Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osaru View Post
    I'm guessing there'll either be an app to switch between them in preware, or I need to back up the existing theme first (no idea how I'd go about that)... Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
    when u install preware u need webos quick install. in webos quickinstall u can use the panic button to restore everything to default or u just set the theme back by clicking the"set to default theme" button
    Quote Originally Posted by osaru View Post
    I tried to install the more icons on the launcher screen patches (bit silly before I'd thoroughly read the description), and they didn't work (naturally) for my 1.1.3 pre...

So I guess this will be a painless update to 1.2 or 1.3

On a side note; I was about to try to install a theme, but stopped short as there didn't seem to be a way to switch between installed themes... I'm guessing there'll either be an app to switch between them in preware, or I need to back up the existing theme first (no idea how I'd go about that)... Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
    My understanding is that for themes you can only have one installed and you can't swap as you please. So basically each time you need to d/l a new one. Unless a newer version of Preware deals with it or a new app...

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Not a direct reply, simply vicariously replying to the originl post this quote is in reference to. There are, however, reports elsewhere in the forums about dwindling battery life. Some claiming a relation to WebOS 1.2+

I'd suggest using the search feature.
    Hmm, and I have had the exact opposite with better battery life since going 1.2
    My battery lasts longer each day than ever before.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Ahhh cheers,

I kinda guessed that was what was going on with the only 1 theme thing, as I'd poked around the sprint webOSdoctor .jar several months ago and seen all the images for different ui elements spread out all over the (what would be) filesystem (as opposed to contained within a specific directory).

Good to know that for certain though before I go installing someone's test theme just to see what it will look like and getting all kinds of weird going on.

And as for the "reset to default" button... I guess I should have used the two glassy ball things on the front of my face more while installing preware!

(apologies for minor thread hijack also)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok i must be doing something wrong but when i got webos quick install up i get an error that my pre isn't connected. please help i cant wait for this

Still getting nothing. I have no idea what i did wrong. installed everything and did every direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Are you in Developer Mode on your Pre?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yep
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Only other things I can suggest is to make sure you hit Just Charge on your Pre and/or try a different USB port on your computer. Also, you might reinstall Novacom.
    Quote Originally Posted by seemefly1 View Post
    Ok i must be doing something wrong but when i got webos quick install up i get an error that my pre isn't connected. please help i cant wait for this

Still getting nothing. I have no idea what i did wrong. installed everything and did every direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    Are you in Developer Mode on your Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by seemefly1 View Post
    yep
    I've seen this happen (5 pres in household) if the sequence of steps is out of order:
    - reboot PC and launch WOSQI
    - turn on DevMode in Pre (reset)
    - plug in microUSB to Pre/PC
    - wait a few seconds for drivers to load
    - G2G

If you still get the 'no device detected' error, then one of the drivers wasn't installed correctly. You may have to re-install Novacom with WOSQI tools menu.

Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i haven't restarted my pc but i tried the novocom reinstall. thanks for the help ill come back if it doesn't work.
    Anyone else having issues? Mine has been sitting on updating or checking version everytime I have tried for the last half hour. Never had an issue before.
    Same here m8.?.?.?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I think I read a tweet that said there will be down time due to memory upgrade to 16GB
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I think I read a tweet that said there will be down time due to memory upgrade to 16GB
    Same here. Hopefully it is back soon - I am having the same issue.
    ^make sure Java 1.6 (latest version I think) is installed.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!