Page 141 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 6094
    Well I'd say first thing to try is a full reboot of the phone by holding the power button or pressing the orange+shift+r keys at the same time. If you're connected via wifi or in EVDO coverage and it still doesn't load, then it may be a problem with the application.

To fix that error, first I have to ask if you've also removed the Package Manager Service and tried reinstalling that. If you have, there still might be one thing you're missing. With both Preware and the Package Manager Service removed, you MUST install the Package Manager Service completely before installing Preware otherwise you get your described error. In Quick Install, select Preware from the app list and check the box and hit download, then install. Then you can go back and do the same for Preware. After that you should be able to open the application no problem.

Hope it helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    is there a forum that provides input on specific Tweaks?
    Here is the forum for WebOS patches.
    When 1.2 becomes available to us in the UK (anyone has a clue why it is not yet?) Would we have to remove all patches and apps installed via "Preware"? My understanding is that only the patches may be affected. Would you agree?

Thanks
    Vas
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I think that 1.2 will never be available in europe. It seems that US and EU will join software version straight to 1.3.
    See my other thread about release date of 1.2. The rep told me 1.2 on friday followed by 1.3 the week afterwards.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
    See my other thread about release date of 1.2. The rep told me 1.2 on friday followed by 1.3 the week afterwards.
    Where pls?
    Sorry what is the link?
    Thanks
    However my original question is still not answered lol.
    Do we need to remove the apps & patches installed via Preware?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    most of the patches are already done for 1.2
    i guess the other patches will get effected
    apps mostly not
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    most of the patches are already done for 1.2
    i guess the other patches will get effected
    apps mostly not
    Assuming that the patches may break after the OS update, is there a chance for the OS to break from a previous uninstalled patch?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    nothing that the webos doctor cant fix.i suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsamsel View Post
    btw...you can do all the things you just mentioned in quickinstall....but I'm the slow one :-)

Thanks for the help guys! 4:30 have to head home for the day.
    Uh, no you're the impatient, loud-mouthed, technologically-illiterate one that is confined to a desktop platform for any modifications you might want to add, update or remove. You've spent more time running your flapper than filling in the blanks required to solve your issue.

You act like anyone here owes you something. Allow me to reiterate, stick to your lovely FileCoaster. The way I see it, one more ungrateful leech on the back of the WebOSi crew is totally unnecessary.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Patches: yes
    Apps: no

That's the general rule anyway. Some people (me too) have had the multiple update problem - webOS wants to install the same update over and over. This might be caused by patches and preware as well.

Basically, patches change system code, while apps have their own standalone code. That's why you should always bring the system back to its original state before upgrading. Thus, uninstalling patches (and themes).
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1willis View Post
    Thanks, this is a very nice tool. When using Preware, does the developer mode still need to be enabled?
    Nope, Developer mode is not needed once you are up and running with preware.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I'm not sure this is a preware issue, but the pre worked fine before I updated some software...

My Pre was working fine until this evening. I used Preware and installed the update for FriendsFlowBeta; removed and reinstalled a theme; updated Net2screams.

Now I can't load webpages even with wifi. I can use Twitter and preware and accuradio, so the internet is there.

FriendsFirst was opening by itself randomly, so I uninstalled that first...followed by the app catalog version. Then I uninstalled the theme...still no webpages...

I ran the WebOS Repair utility...no joy

I have removed all tweaks and patches and the majority of homebrew programs. didn't work

I am now running the repair utility again...didn't help

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If I have to do the webos doctor, does it erase the usb drive also...

Also, Google maps wouldn't open...said no data connection, try wifi.

Please help!!!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    I'm not sure this is a preware issue, but the pre worked fine before I updated some software...

My Pre was working fine until this evening. I used Preware and installed the update for FriendsFlowBeta; removed and reinstalled a theme; updated Net2screams.

Now I can't load webpages even with wifi. I can use Twitter and preware and accuradio, so the internet is there.

I have removed all tweaks and patches and the majority of homebrew programs. didn't work

I am now running the repair utility again...didn't help

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If I have to do the webos doctor, does it erase the usb drive also...

Please help!!!
    Hmmm, very interesting. 1st the one thing that you didn't mention doing was rebooting the phone. I assume you have, but need to ask. Does EVDO data work? I've had stuff stop working, had to put the phone in airplane mode and then out of airplane mode to get it working again.

Friendflow starting randomly sounds like something going on specifically with that program.

and Yes if you Web Doctor your phone it wipes the WHOLE phone including the USB Drive. So be sure to back up the USB Drive if you go that route.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Hmmm, very interesting. 1st the one thing that you didn't mention doing was rebooting the phone. I assume you have, but need to ask. Does EVDO data work? I've had stuff stop working, had to put the phone in airplane mode and then out of airplane mode to get it working again.

Friendflow starting randomly sounds like something going on specifically with that program.

and Yes if you Web Doctor your phone it wipes the WHOLE phone including the USB Drive. So be sure to back up the USB Drive if you go that route.
    I've done a bunch of luna restarts, a couple java restarts...tried the airplane mode thing...I see the EV symbol on the phone...I even tried paying my bill

I really don't want to have to wipe the phone...

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  19.    #2819  
    Have you tried removing it and the package manager service with quick install then restarting and see if you still have problems?

Have you tried removing all your patches?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    I've done a bunch of luna restarts, a couple java restarts...tried the airplane mode thing...I see the EV symbol on the phone...I even tried paying my bill

I really don't want to have to wipe the phone...
    Oh trust me about not wanting to wipe the phone. I however am tempted to do it. I have been doing command line stuff since the very beginning and sometimes I almost want to just start over fresh. I just don't want to re do all of my contact match up stuff.

Ok, what about a complete power off restart? I've had weird things in the past also as results of theme stuff. Themes and patches don't always play nice together. Have you done any browser patches at all? (Even if you have removed them..)

It really doesn't sound like a result of using Preware, but does sound like it might be patch / theme related possibly. I'm only slightly surprised about the repair utility. I think it protects stuff that was actually patched. I'm wondering if what ever file (if one even is) that has a problem it thinks is patch related and ignoring it. Isn't there an override for that feature in the repair utility?

A little head scratching going on here.

edit: I just looked at the Webos Repair Utility thread, it looks like there is a compatibility over-ride that will allow it to not protect patched files. You might want to try that, and if you still have issues post for help over in that thread. (in the Canuck software forum)
    Last edited by SirWill; 10/20/2009 at 12:18 PM.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.