Page 140 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4090130135136137138139140141142143144145150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 6094
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    10 minutes by 2650 posts in this thread alone is quite a chunk of time - who's paying the opportunity cost of that time?

I don't follow how that is relevant ..

That's a judgment only you can make.

There are thousands and thousands of people who have installed and are using Preware without problems. Something in your environment must differ from the norm. Without a detailed post, we will never know what that difference is.

-- Rod
    Your going to be in the App Store if all goes well. Thats the opprotunity.

Someone made a crack about me not working so I felt it necessary to correct him as myself and other have made siginificant efforts to debug different aspects of WebOS.

I have had Preware working but now after the new Quick Install and such it is no longer installing. I understand you help alot of people that ask ******** questions that are in the first post or many many previous posts and that is frustrating...but to be insulted in such a way for a new issue is rather obsurd. It take the "community" out of community really.

Just a thought.

Back to 6.5 which is horrible....sad :-)
  2.    #2782  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsamsel View Post
    Someone made a crack about me not working so I felt it necessary to correct him as myself and other have made siginificant efforts to debug different aspects of WebOS.
    My comment wasn't about you not working. It was about me having a job, and not being able to answer every cry for help the instant its posted...
    I'm having some trouble installing Preware. I had Preware installed previously, but when I launched it, I got an error saying the Package Manager Service needed to be updated using WebOSQuickInstall. Not knowing any better, I just installed the new Package Manager Service on top of the old one, but I got a ton of error messages (possibly because I was installing it over the old version?). I removed Preware and went through WebOSQI to remove the Package Manager Service.

I reinstalled the Package Manager Service, but now when I try to install Preware I don't get any errors, but I'm also not getting Preware to show up on my Pre. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is there a way to just wipe out Preware and the Package Manager Service and start from scratch?
    Reading a little more of the thread, it looks like I'm having the same problem rsamsel is having.

Rob, did you have any luck?
    is there a forum that provides input on specific Tweaks?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I agree...seems we have the same problem. No I have not getting any suggestions on what the issue could be.

Rob
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ok i must be doing something wrong but when i got webos quick instal up i get an error that my pre isnt connected. please help i cant wait for this
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Still getting nothing. I have no idea what i did wrong. installed everything and did every direction.
    It fine. I just thought people would be more helpful. I did take less than 10 mins to critique my message. Oh and btw. I'm a programmer currently working at my job out in Redmond, WA. We're trying to adopt WebOS on campus because we heard the "community" was a good one.

Sorry for not having the time for such a detailed post.
    I check this thread once or twice a day as part of my daily forum activity. Only have about 1-2 hours available to spend on the forum at most. There are so many variables to consider in order to properly diagnose a problem. Thought continues below.

i see that you are the guru but there simply isnt much more i can tell you....newest quickinstall 2.8....tweaks work fine. package installer works fine. it seems the preware install works fine....all through web os. no error messages but no preware either. It just simply doesnt appear.

Rob
    What tweaks/patches are currently on your pre? What Apps do you currently have installed? How many launcher pages do you have? if you added some with the patch. How many icons are on the 1st launcher page? (I'm reaching with this one but it could be relevant). I reserve the right to ask more questions later but this is all I can think of for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Mine is stuck on "updating." I restarted the phone a few times. Maybe one of the feeds are down or slow. Worked fine earlier in the day.
    Have you rebooted the pre and if so does it still get stuck on updating? If so can you check the /var/usr/lib/ipkg/lists directory and make sure one or more files are not abnormally large. You can get the following info by typing "ls -l" without the quotes at the prompt after changing to that directory.

Code:
    0         Oct 19 22:31 canuck-software
    1085    Oct 19 22:31 optware
    8466    Oct 19 22:31 optware-armv7
    5407    Oct 19 22:31 pimpmypre
    522384 Oct 19 22:31 precentral
    138939 Oct 19 22:31 precentral-themes
    463330 Oct 19 22:31 prethemer
    2982    Oct 19 22:31 preyourmind
    0         Oct 19 22:31 preyourmind-armv7
    68638  Oct 19 22:31 webos-patches
    12986  Oct 19 22:31 webosinternals
    2676   Oct 19 22:31 webosinternals-armv7
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    StoneRyno can you help with my issue

"Ok i must be doing something wrong but when i got webos quick instal up i get an error that my pre isnt connected. please help i cant wait for this

Still getting nothing. I have no idea what i did wrong. installed everything and did every direction. "
    Thanks, this is a very nice tool. When using Preware, does the developer mode still need to be enabled?
    I believe you will get the best support if you post in detail your problem in the fair dinkum thread. In fact the answer to your problem is probably in the thread already there has been a lot of troubleshooting info posted in it.
    Try installing via Web OS. Then do a Luna restart or regular restart. This should do the trick.
    I'm trying to uninstall the "original blue theme" and for some reason I can't. I tried to do it through themer on webosquickinstall, but the xml file error keeps coming up. So I went to preware and went to installed packages but no "themes" section showed up to uninstall. Help please?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    using preware (latest version) go to
    Available Packages - Unknown - Utilities
    should be the only one in there
    Not seeing it either. I have Preware set to refresh everytime I open it.. .
    BTW there is no "available packages" or "unknown" options to click on. Did you mean available applications and unsorted? Its just not there..?
    Could be down for fixes, been trying to find it all day.. .
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I check this thread once or twice a day as part of my daily forum activity. Only have about 1-2 hours available to spend on the forum at most. There are so many variables to consider in order to properly diagnose a problem. Thought continues below.

What tweaks/patches are currently on your pre? What Apps do you currently have installed? How many launcher pages do you have? if you added some with the patch. How many icons are on the 1st launcher page? (I'm reaching with this one but it could be relevant). I reserve the right to ask more questions later but this is all I can think of for now.

Have you rebooted the pre and if so does it still get stuck on updating? If so can you check the /var/usr/lib/ipkg/lists directory and make sure one or more files are not abnormally large. You can get the following info by typing "ls -l" without the quotes at the prompt after changing to that directory.

Code:
    0         Oct 19 22:31 canuck-software
    1085    Oct 19 22:31 optware
    8466    Oct 19 22:31 optware-armv7
    5407    Oct 19 22:31 pimpmypre
    522384 Oct 19 22:31 precentral
    138939 Oct 19 22:31 precentral-themes
    463330 Oct 19 22:31 prethemer
    2982    Oct 19 22:31 preyourmind
    0         Oct 19 22:31 preyourmind-armv7
    68638  Oct 19 22:31 webos-patches
    12986  Oct 19 22:31 webosinternals
    2676   Oct 19 22:31 webosinternals-armv7
    Wow....i can answer the tweaks and apps question but fair enough to say alot. In fact most. Preware was working until the updates and now it simply won't install so I don't think the installed apps and tweaks is the right direction.

I have four launcher pages with a games page all the way to the left with 15 apps listed on that page.

Rob
    Wow....i can answer the tweaks and apps question but fair enough to say alot. In fact most. Preware was working until the updates and now it simply won't install so I don't think the installed apps and tweaks is the right direction.
    OK, let's start from the basics.

Are you able to access the Linux command line on your Pre?

If so, please post the output from the following commands:

ls -l /var/etc/ipkg
    cat /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf
    ls -l /etc/event.d/org.*
    ipkg -o /var list_installed | grep webosinternals
    df

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ive had some issues with preware and did some forum delving as I always do and came across nothing thus far...

Any one else get preware stuck in a non stop loop for checking versions?

If so has anyone found a solution?

So fare ive uninstalled preware and several utilities around preware and re-installed them to no avail. Thats as far as ive gone Im hoping I dont have to reset my entire phone to get this to work... Love preware and the fact that it is basically a portable quick install....
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    are you backing out to card view while it loads?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I saw something like it but they just got rid of package manager and preware and started over, I think people agreed not to back into cardview, mine will still get stuck this way
    Last edited by jbelew; 10/20/2009 at 03:49 AM. Reason: sp