Page 138 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Just pulled up Preware and was doing some updates, uninstalled my theme and was going to do the emergency patch remover but it's gone. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?
    As always, look for things in the List of Everything.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just pulled up Preware and was doing some updates, uninstalled my theme and was going to do the emergency patch remover but it's gone. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?
    I only wish I would have posted this question the other day. I was in the same position as you and it semi-bricked my phone. The phone worked, but the GUI was in shambles. Couldn't get it back no matter what I tried so I just flashed teh ROM with the WebOS Doctor.

Got to tell you, it was the best thing I could have done. Reloading it from scratch with the 1.2 firmware makes my Pre noticeably faster in the GUI and WebOS interface. Not saying that executing any software is faster, but its obviously more responsive and smoother.

If I had some kind of conclusive proof, I'd recommend anyone that has had a Pre since "the beginning" to wipe out their phone and reload it with the latest firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As always, look for things in the List of Everything.

-- Rod
    Well thanks but I'm not a complete ***** I obviously tried that and it was NOT on the list. What I'm trying to confirm is whether it is just me or if anyone else is experiencing this problem.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    EDIT TWO: Answerd my own question for all UK-Pre owners here is the link to add the feed for the list of apps that have been backdated to work with 1.1.3

webOS Patches Ported To 1.1.3

Big shout out to the devs doing this for all us non US owners

EDIT ONE :

:: IGNORE ME ;- Just read the above post, that will teach me for upgrading the software as soon as i got it out the box should of known better since ive been using a Jailbreak *cough* fruit product for the past year ; New Question.. Do we know when the patches will be compatible with 1.1.3 i.e is there a dev site where i can follow progress OR can you roll back the software version?.

ORIGINAL MSG :

Good afternoon all, got my UK GSM Pre 2 days ago and everything has been supurb. However when using Preware i can install certain patches; developer menu always shown; battery percentage ect but when installing others such as the 4x3 launcher menu it keeps responding with an error as it tries to run the command at the end of the install.

I'd thought id ask first to see if there is a quick fix for this, if not i can screen grab the error and post it for you guys.

"...Error Installing: See IPKG Log"

The line that stands out in the log is;

"(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3.postinst)"

So far extremly impressed with the community, definatly making the Pre a device to be reckoned with

Thanks in advance

D
    Last edited by FinaTk; 10/18/2009 at 12:01 PM.
    I just read another thread that was posted yesterday saying that EPR was missing from preware but it seemed as though it was fixed from what they were saying in the thread. Maybe the same thing happened again. Anyone got any ideas?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Well thanks but I'm not a complete ***** I obviously tried that and it was NOT on the list. What I'm trying to confirm is whether it is just me or if anyone else is experiencing this problem.
    EPR is in the List of Everything. What does that make you again?
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    EPR is in the List of Everything. What does that make you again?
    DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO READ!?! I am trying to confirm if anyone else is having the same issue as I am. I'm saying that on my Pre on preware EPR is not there I want to know if it's just mine. Please stop trying to be rude for no reason.
    Preware thread, page 131, post 2619

http://forums.precentral.net/1982544-post2619.html

Go to WebOS Developer Forums, then to WebOS Internalz, then to Preware thread. Page 131, post 2619 has the answer.
    For some reason posting to a link isn't working right now for me.
    Last edited by davidra; 10/18/2009 at 01:07 PM.
    I tried just copying it.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by plee3
    People are reporting that they cannot find the virtual keyboard and emergency patch recovery on Preware.

I looked on the preware.org website and these patches seem to be missing.

I checked the git repo and there seemed to be a major update on how patches are being built to support the GSM Pre 1.1.3.

Perhaps these missing patches were lost in this major update.

Is there someone who can look into this problem?

Thanks... plee3 (quote)

Update: The VKB is present (my mistake) but EPR is missing from the feed's Package file.

My mistake. EPR has moved to the webos-internals feed, since it is not dependent on the webOS version.

Do an update on your feeds, and you will see it again in the List of Everything.

-- Rod
    After loading v2.8.2 of webOS Quick Install and loading the SMS Tone Per Contact patch (haven't made any specific changes; still set to default settings), along with Preware, my notifications no longer vibrate nor play the normal sound; they only give me the LED notification. Anyone else experience this or know if this is related to my loading of Preware or webOS QI, or the patch? How do I get my notification sound/vibration back?

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO READ!?! I am trying to confirm if anyone else is having the same issue as I am. I'm saying that on my Pre on preware EPR is not there I want to know if it's just mine. Please stop trying to be rude for no reason.
    I stand by my previous post.
    Did you make sure you updated your feeds? I had the problem yesterday because I have Preware to update once a day instead of every time it starts. After updating the feeds, EPR showed up and worked fine.

The ipkg log for me indicated Preware could not download the package (package not found). There was a post yesterday about it as a result of others having that same problem.
    No offense intended - you must realise that we field quetions from all sorts of people from extreme Linux experts to people who have never touched a computer before.

So we ask the questions that cover 90% of the usual cases first (yes, people not looking in the List of Everything covers over 90% of the problems), and then we go to the next level. Triage for support.

Install the Terminal application and type:

ipkg -o /var list | grep fairdinkum

Let us know the output. This narrows the problem down to either a problem with your feeds or a problem with the Preferences in your Preware application or a bug in ipkgservice or a bug in preware.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    what happen to emergency patch recovery?
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    what happen to emergency patch recovery?
    Update your feeds and look in the List of Everything

-- Rod
    Nothing big, but have you considered adding something like

Code:
    	"keywords": ["Apps", "Patches", "Themes"],
    or something like that to the appinfo.json file so that it'll come up in Universal Search for those things?
    anyone else getting error when installing Jump forward, Jump back one word? Error 1 chunk.
    Also, I installed the Roam Only option, where is the preferences? Under web? Cuz its not there. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    anyone else getting error when installing Jump forward, Jump back one word? Error 1 chunk.
    Also, I installed the Roam Only option, where is the preferences? Under web? Cuz its not there. Thanks for any help.
    You should create a thread in the WebOS Patches forum. Discussion of individual patches is off-topic on this thread.

-- Rod
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed and answered already, but I was wondering: Does having Preware installed on my Pre make the App Catalog not work? I've tried downloading from there several times after I put Preware on my phone, and it seems to hang as soon as i hit a download button.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgieseking View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed and answered already, but I was wondering: Does having Preware installed on my Pre make the App Catalog not work? I've tried downloading from there several times after I put Preware on my phone, and it seems to hang as soon as i hit a download button.
    Install Fair Dinkum App Limit to fix the App Catalog hang, and also the 64MiB limit on application installations. Look for it in the List of Everything in Preware.

-- Rod