Page 137 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 6094
  1. #2721  
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    People are reporting that they cannot find the virtual keyboard and emergency patch recovery on Preware.

    I looked on the preware.org website and these patches seem to be missing.

    I checked the git repo and there seemed to be a major update on how patches are being built to support the GSM Pre 1.1.3.

    Perhaps these missing patches were lost in this major update.

    Is there someone who can look into this problem?

    Thanks... plee3

    Update: The VKB is present (my mistake) but EPR is missing from the feed's Package file.
    My mistake. EPR has moved to the webos-internals feed, since it is not dependent on the webOS version.

    Do an update on your feeds, and you will see it again in the List of Everything.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. vel7wil's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    #2722  
    I have followed the install instructions for preware but find the app on my pre.... what am I doing wrong? Tried for 2 hours
  3. #2723  
    Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    I have followed the install instructions for preware but find the app on my pre.... what am I doing wrong? Tried for 2 hours
    Are you missing some words from that sentence?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #2724  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My mistake. EPR has moved to the webos-internals feed, since it is not dependent on the webOS version.

    Do an update on your feeds, and you will see it again in the List of Everything.

    -- Rod
    You da man!
  5. #2725  
    Hey all - thanks for everyone's hard work!

    I'm having some problems with the webosquick install.

    I started by putting my phone in dev mode, connected via usb "just charge" but am still getting the no device detected error when i attempt to install? What am I missing here?

    I've done nothing else to my phone to date
  6. #2726  
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestar View Post
    Hey all - thanks for everyone's hard work!

    I'm having some problems with the webosquick install.

    I started by putting my phone in dev mode, connected via usb "just charge" but am still getting the no device detected error when i attempt to install? What am I missing here?

    I've done nothing else to my phone to date
    You should use the Canuck Software forum for asking questions about WebOS Quick Install.

    You can also alpha test the Preware installer at http://get.preware.org/ ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #2727  
    I am not smart enough to know what to tell you with the Preware and stuff, but it all worked to a T for me and I have not had any issues what so ever yet.
  8. lauracf's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #2728  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Use quick install to make sure both the package manager and preware and uninstalled and then install the package manager and then preware and then reboot the pre. All should be back and it won't harm your pre. I uninstalled both and installed both again with patches and such left on mine and had no issues.
    Thanks! I did that, but couldn't get the Preware icon to show up on my phone. I figured something must be buggy, so I decided to do WebOS Doctor and get a clean slate. I did that and everything seems to be in order now. (I got Preware back). Let that be a lesson to me, I guess: never delete apps while distracted!

    Although, I have to say, maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed like with my reset phone I was able to download more apps from the app catalog than I had been before. Go figure...
    Last edited by lauracf; 10/17/2009 at 07:33 PM.
  9. #2729  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Just loaded Preware for the first time (v0.9.4) and cannot find fairdinkum anywhere. Searched each term of the app name manually, reviewed list, etc. What am I overlooking?
    Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  10. #2730  
    Oh, wow. Here is one thing that just now happened to me.

    I plugged my phone in to sync some music to it that I just downloaded from Zune and it took away some of my theme pictures, and the touch screen keyboard pictures tiles. Now my pre looks like the way it did earlier this week with out my awsome theme I downloaded. How do I easily get the pictures back and not have to reset the phone?
  11. #2731  
    Trying to install PreWare with the WebOS Quick Install and don't see the "third button on the right" that lets me choose "WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list."

    Take a look at my screen shot, am I missing something?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #2732  
    Quote Originally Posted by abailey269 View Post
    Trying to install PreWare with the WebOS Quick Install and don't see the "third button on the right" that lets me choose "WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list."

    Take a look at my screen shot, am I missing something?
    What version of webOS QI are you running? Should be v2.8.2.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  13. #2733  
    You are missing the 3rd button. It looks like a disk drive with a green arrow pointing down. It is just not there for you.
  14. #2734  
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestar View Post
    Hey all - thanks for everyone's hard work!

    I'm having some problems with the webosquick install.

    I started by putting my phone in dev mode, connected via usb "just charge" but am still getting the no device detected error when i attempt to install? What am I missing here?

    I've done nothing else to my phone to date

    Sounds like you need to start Palm Novacom.

    If you're a vista user click the windows icon on bottom left then at then type "services.msc"
    Click OK and then scroll down to PALM NOVACOM. Be sure that this process is started. If not, click the start button.

    If you're using XP click Start - Run - then type "service.msc" and do the same thing.

    Also, you can see what I'm referring to in this youtube video at about 1:54


    Good luck.
    Last edited by abailey269; 10/17/2009 at 08:13 PM.
  15. #2735  
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsu1220 View Post
    Oh, wow. Here is one thing that just now happened to me.

    I plugged my phone in to sync some music to it that I just downloaded from Zune and it took away some of my theme pictures, and the touch screen keyboard pictures tiles. Now my pre looks like the way it did earlier this week with out my awsome theme I downloaded. How do I easily get the pictures back and not have to reset the phone?
    Help? I am looking for media syncing advice and I can not anything that looks like what my problem is.
  16. #2736  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    What version of webOS QI are you running? Should be v2.8.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsu1220
    You are missing the 3rd button. It looks like a disk drive with a green arrow pointing down. It is just not there for you.
    This forum is awesome! I just had an old version of WebOS Quick Installer.

    Thanks guys!
  17. #2737  
    Because I get IPKG error, I am not able to remove the 4X4 patch from the list (even though the restore was successful), and I am also not able to remove a theme. Please advise.
  18. #2738  
    Hi guys,

    Does anyone here know why my Pre will not allow me to install certain patches? I am trying to run the "SMS Forward and On Screen Keyboard" however I keep getting the error message telling me to check the IPKG log.

    My Pre is the new UK version running 1.1.3

    Any help would be appreciated.
  19.    #2739  
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsu1220 View Post
    I plugged my phone in to sync some music to it that I just downloaded from Zune and it took away some of my theme pictures, and the touch screen keyboard pictures tiles. Now my pre looks like the way it did earlier this week with out my awsome theme I downloaded. How do I easily get the pictures back and not have to reset the phone?
    I really don't know what to tell you. Except that it's not a problem with preware or the package manager service.

    Quote Originally Posted by musenu View Post
    Because I get IPKG error, I am not able to remove the 4X4 patch from the list (even though the restore was successful), and I am also not able to remove a theme. Please advise.
    My advice is to ask for help in the appropriate places. Such as the patches and themes forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by scottsaunders View Post
    Does anyone here know why my Pre will not allow me to install certain patches?
    My Pre is the new UK version running 1.1.3
    The reason for this is that the patches are made for 1.2.1, not 1.1.3.

    There is a solution in the works, but will require patches to be re-created from 1.1.3 files.
  20. #2740  
    Just pulled up Preware and was doing some updates, uninstalled my theme and was going to do the emergency patch remover but it's gone. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions