Page 136 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 6094
    It is working now on wifi without disabling any feeds.
    Strange, for now all is good.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by czeitner View Post
    Thanks

OK, so now I go into the feeds and it doesn't list all the Feeds. Is this because it's not updating. When Preware loads, it just says updating or checking version, but never loads completeley.
    I was having problems off and on today with it initializing. Wasn't able to get in several times. It's working great now.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    I was having problems off and on today with it initializing. Wasn't able to get in several times. It's working great now.
    This has been happening for me off and on since the New Update. If I uninstall and ReInstall (sometimes) it works. Very Rare, and very frustrating (only because this an addiction for me). I haven't had to run the WebOS Doctor to date, and don't want to if at all possible. I would say 1 out of 50 It works.
    Last edited by czeitner; 10/16/2009 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by czeitner View Post
    This has been happening for me off and on since the New Update. If I uninstall and ReInstall (sometimes) it works. Very Rare, and very frustrating (only because this an addiction for me). I haven't had to run the WebOS Doctor to date, and don't want to if at all possible. I would say 1 out of 50 It works.
    Well I know that the servers were being hammered after this version was released. I imagine with the built in patch support, more and ore people are using preware. I know they upgraded the servers to better handle the traffic. Would be interested to know if the servers were hammered today or not.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    People are reporting that they cannot find the virtual keyboard and emergency patch recovery on Preware.

I looked on the preware.org website and these patches seem to be missing.

I checked the git repo and there seemed to be a major update on how patches are being built to support the GSM Pre 1.1.3.

Perhaps these missing patches were lost in this major update.

Is there someone who can look into this problem?

Thanks... plee3

Update: The VKB is present (my mistake) but EPR is missing from the feed's Package file.
    Last edited by plee3; 10/17/2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    People are reporting that they cannot find the virtual keyboard and emergency patch recovery on Preware.

I looked on the preware.org website and these patches seem to be missing.

I checked the git repo and there seemed to be a major update on how patches are being built to support the GSM Pre 1.1.3.

Perhaps these missing patches were lost in this major update.

Is there someone who can look into this problem?

Thanks... plee3

Update: The VKB is present (my mistake) but EPR is missing from the feed's Package file.
    On preware.org it still shows up under the autopatch feed. I just looked in the list everything alphabetically and no I don't see it showing up in Preware. I guess we need to get someone with ability to move the EPR over to the new webos-insternals patches feed.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Minor incompatibility issue between Preware and WOSQI? I installed almost all pathes from the newest version of Preware and when I go to WOSQI it doesn't see them but the patches are working fine and registered on Preware. I have one minor issue with Preware. There is quite a bikt of redundancy in the patches (multiple versions). I have noticed some people are getting error 4 messages when they try to install both, but it is just really saying that it is already installed. Could some of the redundant or less significant versions of patches be removed to minimize confusion?
    thats weird....emergency patch removal is not in the feeds
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Preware is telling me to update Enable Landscape in PDF but it won't let me delete to install the update. Checked on Webosqi and it does not show up there either.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Help -- I made a mistake when deleting apps to make room for app catalog apps, and deleted my Preware icon! What's the best way to get it back? Should I uninstall the whole thing and reinstall through Quick Install? Or I assume the Package Manager is still there -- can I just reinstall the Preware itself?

Sorry -- I'm new to Homebrew and don't want to screw up my phone...
    Last edited by lauracf; 10/17/2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Yea really need that EPR today
    Will wait for an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Minor incompatibility issue between Preware and WOSQI? I installed almost all pathes from the newest version of Preware and when I go to WOSQI it doesn't see them but the patches are working fine and registered on Preware. I have one minor issue with Preware. There is quite a bikt of redundancy in the patches (multiple versions). I have noticed some people are getting error 4 messages when they try to install both, but it is just really saying that it is already installed. Could some of the redundant or less significant versions of patches be removed to minimize confusion?
    Can you detail which patches generate the error and what patches applied at the time. I'm sure someone familiar with the patches can look at them and figure out why the error is generated.

Quote Originally Posted by lauracf View Post
    Help -- I made a mistake when deleting apps to make room for app catalog apps, and deleted my Preware icon! What's the best way to get it back? Should I uninstall the whole thing and reinstall through Quick Install? Or I assume the Package Manager is still there -- can I just reinstall the Preware itself?

Sorry -- I'm new to Homebrew and don't want to screw up my phone...
    Use quick install to make sure both the package manager and preware and uninstalled and then install the package manager and then preware and then reboot the pre. All should be back and it won't harm your pre. I uninstalled both and installed both again with patches and such left on mine and had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Will wait for an update.
    Out of curiosity I looked and is no longer there on mine as well. I used it about 8 hours ago or a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Will wait for an update.
    It would be nice if EPR could be downloaded to the phone but not executed until we needed it. That way, we would not have to rely on it being available via a feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It would be nice if EPR could be downloaded to the phone but not executed until we needed it. That way, we would not have to rely on it being available via a feed.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Agreed.
    Forgive my ignorance, but following the various discussions coupled with a cursory search throught the forum didn't yield a clear answer to my question, so I'm hoping someone can here can answer specifically:

What do I get by loading Preware that I don't already have using webOS Quick Install (i.e., why should I use both)?

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but following the various discussions coupled with a cursory search throught the forum didn't yield a clear answer to my question, so I'm hoping someone can here can answer specifically:

What do I get by loading Preware that I don't already have using webOS Quick Install (i.e., why should I use both)?

Thx!
    ME
    preware u can add themes and tweaks all thru ur pre without having to connect ur pre to the pc...qi is used for ppl that like to connect their pre to the pc....its mainly user based...u like an ondevice installer use preware...u like connecting ur pre to pc use qi...ur choice...i chose preware but still have qi for many other reasons
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    preware u can add themes and tweaks all thru ur pre without having to connect ur pre to the pc...qi is used for ppl that like to connect their pre to the pc....its mainly user based...u like an ondevice installer use preware...u like connecting ur pre to pc use qi...ur choice...i chose preware but still have qi for many other reasons
    So are all the same tweaks available via both apps? Also, how does FileCoaster fit in? Do I still use that for homebrews or is that where Preware grabs apps from?

Thx!
    ME
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    So are all the same tweaks available via both apps? Also, how does FileCoaster fit in? Do I still use that for homebrews or is that where Preware grabs apps from?

Thx!
    ME
    yeah all tweaks r available via both apps....but sometimes when u install tweaks in preware...some dont show up in qi(that i rememeber) maybe for u it does... filecoaster doesnt do advanced homebrew like preload or preware....
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah all tweaks r available via both apps....but sometimes when u install tweaks in preware...some dont show up in qi(that i rememeber) maybe for u it does... filecoaster doesnt do advanced homebrew like preload or preware....
    Thx, maxima2k53!