Page 132 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142182232 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 6094
    thanks for the help - this worked!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Did you restart your Palm after you installed dinkum? Just a thought.
    I know this is not the right thread to ask this but what happend to the webos quick install thread ?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Check the ipkg log and post it in the patches forum, we'll get ya some help.

How do I access the log to be able to just simply copy and paste it here? I have yet to figure out how to do this. Or do I have to just type it up?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I hate myself. My fingers got the best of me and I ran EPR with a theme installed and now I can't get a theme to install properly. I even did a partial erase on the phone and started from scratch but nothing seems to help. I have like three different themes going at once on my phone and its driving me crazy. Is there no way out of this mess?
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka209 View Post
    I have like three different themes going at once on my phone and its driving me crazy. Is there no way out of this mess?
    Yeah, see the WebOS doctor and then leave themes alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka209 View Post
    I hate myself. My fingers got the best of me and I ran EPR with a theme installed and now I can't get a theme to install properly. I even did a partial erase on the phone and started from scratch but nothing seems to help. I have like three different themes going at once on my phone and its driving me crazy. Is there no way out of this mess?
    Have you tried the webOS Repair Tool ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    First...I'm LOVING the Preware. So easy to install/remove patches without having to be hooked up to a computer.

Issue:
    The patch to show both battery icon and percent does not install...getting error message. Neither does the View PDF in Landscape.

Request:
    Is it possible to add an "squarify screen" patch and an "haptic feedback" patch for the virtual keyboard in the Preware?

Thank you so much for this excellent tool. I'm a Preware "fan boy". LOL
    I have the same problem. I'm looking in Preware for the patch but can't find it. I've looked under available patches / ALL and sorted by name - also looked to be sure it wasn't already installed... nothing. I've also restarted my Pre a few times.

Is it known by another name under Preware? I've looked for a patch description that would cover it, but can't find anything. Has it possibly been removed?

I only have Preware installed. Is there another homebrew option I should install - and/or would that cause conflicts?

Thank you, I'm knew to the WebOS, but old to Palm. I'm loving this new phone!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by compcarp View Post
    I have the same problem. I'm looking in Preware for the patch but can't find it. I've looked under available patches / ALL and sorted by name - also looked to be sure it wasn't already installed... nothing. I've also restarted my Pre a few times.

Is it known by another name under Preware? I've looked for a patch description that would cover it, but can't find anything. Has it possibly been removed?

I only have Preware installed. Is there another homebrew option I should install - and/or would that cause conflicts?

Thank you, I'm knew to the WebOS, but old to Palm. I'm loving this new phone!
    using preware (latest version) go to
    Available Packages - Unknown - Utilities
    should be the only one in there
    Making my first post to thank you, t_stallion, you saved me from losing my mind. I couldn't fix this same issue on my own but I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough. But I'll say it again: THANK YOU for sharing this information!

Quote Originally Posted by t_stallion View Post
    Hey, looks like I found a way to make this work, not really a fix.
    1. Downloaded latest verson of Quick Install (2.81) aka QI.

2. Uninstalled Package Manager Service and Preware via QI and restarted device

3. Manually uninstalled all tweaks via QI and restrarted device.

4. Manually Uninstalled all patches via QI and restarted device.

5. Installed Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) and restated device numerous times until it was gone. Some instructions for the EPR state that it is suppose to uninstall itself. I noticed this was not happening so I restared the device until it no longer showed up. This patch is found in QI/Tools/Tweaks/Online Repository/Emergency Patch Recovery. After I installed it, I did not see any change on the device nor did it prompt me that anything was done. I check to see if it was there by going to QI/Tools/Device Management/ and looking under Applications. After restart you check to see if it is still there by accessing QI/Tools/Device Management/ and looking under Applications. If it is still there restart until it no longer shows up.

6. Recheck everything in QI to make sure everiythig has been uninstalled and nothing was missed especially tweaks I notice some tweaks did not go away until EPR uninstalled.

7. Install Package Manager Service via QI and restart device.

8. Install Preware via QI and restart device. I did not open Preware until after restart.

Mine worked from there. I have been able to install apps, tweaks and themes.

Hope this helps.
  12. OrR
    Yesterday, I installed Preware on my GSM Pre (1.1.3) and it mostly seems to work fine. I installed some apps and patches and some didn't want to install which was expected.

However, I now have a problem: I tried to install the 5x4 Icons v2 patch which did not work. It showed an error with IPKG Log like the other patches that didn't install. Still, it somehow ended up in my Installed Packages and I can't remove it because of the same error. The patch did not change anything in the Launcher, though, as far as I can tell.
    Is there a recommended way to remove it manually (from the list)? As it is, it's not doing any harm (yet) but I'd still like to fix it.

Was it stupid of me to use Preware with my GSM Pre? What else could break?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I couldn't find any of the services. I had to actually go to list all and then do a word search for 'serv'. It shows that the service was categoried under Services and Plugins however I couldn't find that category.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Love, love, love Preware. Thank you guys, SO much!

Quick question (ok, two)
    I have the IPKG problem that someone mentioned above - I installed two patches (the add date mm/dd and the battery icon and percent) and they worked originally, but then stopped working. They now won't uninstall because of this IPKG problem. Any suggestions?

Incidentally, installed the flashing notification light - LOVE it.

Secondly, is there a way to switch from one installed theme to another? Or do I need to uninstall and re-install a theme to run it?

Thanks so much!

Havisham
    If you have preware up and running again I would try unistalling the theme with preware. If that doesnt work. Take off all the tweaks with the EPR then run the webos repair. Make sure you have the new webos dr for 1.21 though. This will give you all your stock files back.
    My Preware doesn't download anything!! Its been downloading this Megaman theme for about an hour, does anybody know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by FReshluchador View Post
    My Preware doesn't download anything!! Its been downloading this Megaman theme for about an hour, does anybody know why?

Hey there - I don't know if this will help, but I had awful problems at first even just trying to get Preware to open - it kept saying 'updating'. I found that it works best if you have a full battery and excellent EV signal. It sounds a little like you're 'frozen' like a computer. Try re-booting then give it another shot.
    Do I have to remove related patches before installing a new of the same type? For example, if I have 4x4 icons v3 installed, do I need to remove that before installing 5x4 icons v2? or can I just install 5x4 over it?
    Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.........you
    make this easy for those of us who are not so computer savy