Page 130 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140180230 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 6094
    how do i delete the app "auto correct edit" from preware?
  2.    #2582  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    How did you install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    I had installed it with Preware. I uninstalled with Preware also, it removed the icon but still showed up as installed on Preware. I then restarted the Pre and reloaded Preware and uninstalled again and it finished the uninstall.
    Has anyone noticed a drop in battery performance after using Tweaks installed from Preware? I have several installed and it seems that battery performance has dropped. Or possibly since the WebOS 1.21 update not sure which as I started using tweaks about same time as update.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I installed Preware for the very first time yesterday on my WebOS 1.2.1 Palm Pre. I installed a bunch of Apps and for the first time, some patches. Previously I had only installed Apps via FileCoaster or the official App catalog. I never had any issues installing.

Today, my phone just informed me that an OS update was available -- 1.2.1!

I know I have to run Preware's emergency patch recovery (EPR) tool to remove all of the applied patches before allowing the OS to update. But why does the Palm update service now think I need an update?

Anyone else experience this?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    How did you install it?
    i installed through preware.never had an icon on the phone.but, it still shows up in my preware .now when i try to uninstall it,it shows up as error and it wont remove it.it still shows up in installed packages
    Is there any reason to NOT install preware?

I'm just worried about having a hardware issue that I'd need to take my phone in for and Sprint not letting me switch it out because I've tweaked the phone....

Anything to worry about?
    You can always uninstall it if you have any problems with it. Just make sure you follow directions when you install.
    Remove tweaks, or use WebOs Doctor if you screw something up. Preware is pretty safe.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    testing
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I had installed it with Preware. I uninstalled with Preware also, it removed the icon but still showed up as installed on Preware. I then restarted the Pre and reloaded Preware and uninstalled again and it finished the uninstall.
    thank you for your help.it worked for me the same way you said.
    Not really......it's worth trying. If you have any issues you can always Web Doctor your phone and take it back to it's original out of box state.
    I just asked the same question in anthor thread. Just got my Pre Friday, and I'm still reading up on Preware.

I'm concerned about what happens before and after an OS patch. I realize HB apps might be broken due to the thier beta nature, but what should I do before an OS upgrade?

Yes, help understanding the consequences of Preware would be nice...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    I just asked the same question in anthor thread. Just got my Pre Friday, and I'm still reading up on Preware.

I'm concerned about what happens before and after an OS patch. I realize HB apps might be broken due to the thier beta nature, but what should I do before an OS upgrade?

Yes, help understanding the consequences of Preware would be nice...thanks!
    1. Homebrew apps will not affect anything. You are correct that they might not work after an update, though.

2. Tweaking or modifying the OS in any way is a risk, but the guys at WebOs Internalz/Preware have provided a tool that, when used correctly, has few issues if any at all.

3. Removing all mods to the OS is wise before updating as some files may not update correctly.

4. Any mod is safe if you know what you are doing and/or follow directions. Unfortunately, moding your Pre is not ***** proof. You do have to think and read directions.

5. WebOs doctor will likely fix any issues you run into with your Pre. Issues can occur even if you follow directions, but they can be reversed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    1. Homebrew apps will not affect anything. You are correct that they might not work after an update, though.

2. Tweaking or modifying the OS in any way is a risk, but the guys at WebOs Internalz/Preware have provided a tool that, when used correctly, has few issues if any at all.

3. Removing all mods to the OS is wise before updating as some files may not update correctly.

4. Any mod is safe if you know what you are doing and/or follow directions. Unfortunately, moding your Pre is not ***** proof. You do have to think and read directions.

5. WebOs doctor will likely fix any issues you run into with your Pre. Issues can occur even if you follow directions, but they can be reversed.
    If I have Preware on my phone at the time of the next WebOS update, will turning off the mods via Preware be enough to update successfully?
    Quote Originally Posted by BScheu18 View Post
    If I have Preware on my phone at the time of the next WebOS update, will turning off the mods via Preware be enough to update successfully?
    Yes. It will revert back to original code. However, I didn't remove any last update and it worked fine anyway. Better safe than bricked though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Yes. It will revert back to original code. However, I didn't remove any last update and it worked fine anyway. Better safe than bricked though.
    I didn't remove last time around and the update itself went fine. However, a number of my Preware patches no longer worked. I ended up using the emergency patch remover and put everything back on without issue.
    Where can I find the emergency patch remover?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    its better than noware.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Uninstall, Then install the package manager via QI then re install Preware. Niw run the emergency patch removal.
    Friggin sweet. Will attempt this soon as I get home.

Okay, I think I jumped the gun and screwed the pooch. I uninstalled my current package manager and preware, then reinstalled them respectively. However, I didn't read carefully and performed EPR with a theme on. Now I can't get the default theme to come back. It's all screwy. I totally suck.
    Last edited by judoka209; 10/13/2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Update