Page 129 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179229 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 6094
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    This might be a good a place as any to post my question since it is a little similar.

I had Preware on my Pre and saw that there was an update for Preware. I updated but since I did not install the new package install then nothing comes up on preware so I can't run the Emergency Patch Recovery on my Pre. Am I out of luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka209 View Post
    This might be a good a place as any to post my question since it is a little similar.

I had Preware on my Pre and saw that there was an update for Preware. I updated but since I did not install the new package install then nothing comes up on preware so I can't run the Emergency Patch Recovery on my Pre. Am I out of luck?

Uninstall, Then install the package manager via QI then re install Preware. Niw run the emergency patch removal.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Just trying to get final verification. WebOSQI just came out with v.2.8. My question is, since I have PreWare is there any reason that I would ever need to use WEBOSQI again short of having to completely reset my phone to factory defaults and having to reinstall PreWare via WebOSQI?

I can't think of any reason aside from the one listed above to ever need WebOSQI again since PreWare can update itself when new versions come out and it seems that any homebrew applications and tweaks that are available are available in both preWare and WebOSQI.

Am I missing something or is this a correct assumption? Thanks.
    i think thats where i made my mistake at. i didn't read the post first and updated the package manager via QI. so when i tried to launch preware it wouldn't work. at startup i get a message saying the package manager isnt installed and to reboot my phone and then preware is greyed out. i tried unistalling both preware and package manager and it still wont work
    After installing preware, I can't use file coaster or preware to install apps. It will download, then freeze when it's in the installing phase. Any way around this? What happened?
    I'm getting this error after I installed the new Preware.. I followed the instructions perfect.

VK isn't working...gives me ipkg error

Im getting the same error and I uninstalled VKB before I even tried to install the new one. I've been trying to get it back for over an hour now!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I successfully installed Preware, and managed to install the landscape messenger view, virtual keyboard and volume key camera capture. Then, for no good reason, I went into Luna manager and pressed the restart Java button.

Now, when I go into Preware and click under available packages, the patch package is gone.

The patches I did install are still there in my installed packages, listed in the unknown package. Any ideas what I did wrong?
  8.    #2568  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Hey Fellas,
    I am having trouble instlling the "Landscape PDF" and "Multi-Mod" tweaks. It says I am getting an "Error Installing". Any idea whats going on?

Thanks
    Problems with patches should be directed to the webos-patches forum: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeview View Post
    i cant get the drop list to come (ungrey) of allow the options to drop down.

any ideas i have two pre's one lets me the other does not
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    +1 Grayed out drop down list.
    The new version of quick install is said to fix that bug: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html
    Alternatively, you could use the standalone installer: Index of /

Quote Originally Posted by mgojcaj1 View Post
    After installing preware, I can't use file coaster or preware to install apps. It will download, then freeze when it's in the installing phase. Any way around this? What happened?
    I'm not sure what exactly you're saying your problem is. Does this freezing thing happen in both apps?

Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    I'm getting this error after I installed the new Preware.. I followed the instructions perfect.

VK isn't working...gives me ipkg error

Im getting the same error and I uninstalled VKB before I even tried to install the new one. I've been trying to get it back for over an hour now!
    If you're having trouble with the keyboard, I suggest asking for help in its thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ancements.html
  9.    #2569  
    Quote Originally Posted by va2thadeath View Post
    i think thats where i made my mistake at. i didn't read the post first and updated the package manager via QI. so when i tried to launch preware it wouldn't work. at startup i get a message saying the package manager isnt installed and to reboot my phone and then preware is greyed out. i tried unistalling both preware and package manager and it still wont work
    Others with this problem found that removing all patches before a fresh install of the package manager and preware made it finally work.

It really doesn't really make any sense to me. But it worked for them, so it's worth a shot.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I was trying to add an app from the App Catalog and it said I didn't have enough memory. I removed 7 apps with way more memory than what I needed. I still can't add the app nor any other apps. I tried using file coaster and I had the same problem.

However, I was able to add apps using preware. Apps that I could not add using the file coaster, I was able to add using preware.

Does anyone have an idea on this?

Thanks.
    kool. I'm a try it tonite. Preciate the help
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Preware doesn't use the same checks as the others so it won't fail. Add the new fair dinkum patch from preware or webos quickinstall and you should be golden.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I've run into an interesting issue today. First off, I have updated everything. See my post from a few pages back from yesterday for details if interested. After updating I was able to successfully reapply all of the tweaks that I had prior to the update. Additionally, I added the 5x4 tweak which also worked flawlessly.

Today, i decided that the 5x4 tweak was a little to cluttered for me and I wanted to switch to the 4x4. I removed the 5x4 and then restarted Luna which successfully removed the 5x4 tweak.

I then went to PreWare and installed the 4x4 tweak. It showed that it installed successfully and disappeared from the Available Packages list and showed up under my Installed Packages list. I then restarted Luna. When I went to check the pages it was still back at the default 3x3. I went into PreWare and the 4x4 tweak was no longer in my Installed Packages list and was back in the Available Packages list.

I also tried to install an actual application (Pack 'n' Track). I got the same results as the 4x4 tweak. It initially showed as successfully installed and disappeared from the Available Packages list and showed up in my Installed Packages list. I did not see the app on my launcher pages so I restarted Luna. Still nothing in the launcher pages and it was back in the Available Packages list and removed from my Installed Packages list.

I tried completely restarting the phone and trying again but was met with identical results.

P.S. - All of the tweaks that i reinstalled after updating Package Manager and PreWare yesterday are all still present and working.

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening now?

TIA

**Edit**
    I found the issue (although I don't know what the technical reasons for it are). Yesterday I had installed the Fair Dinkum App Limit application via PreWare. It installed fine and I noticed no issues. Today, after posting the above post I decided to uninstall Fair Dinkum App Limit and see if that might be causing my issues and sure enough it was.

After uninstalling that app I was able to successfully install the 4x4 tweak as well as the Pack 'n' Track application.

I plan to post this in the Fair Dinkum App Limit thread and see if the developer has any answers regarding this particular issue.
    Last edited by blaidan; 10/13/2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Root Cause found
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Can someone please tell me how and where to run thoes commands? I'm lost. I installed Terminal Service, but have no idea how to use it.
    Someone told me to copy/paste, ok, cool. But copy and paste where? The terminal app i installed doesnt have a copy/paste option. Where and how do I enter that info into my Pre?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply. I added that patch, but it didn't help. I almost seems like something got stuck and didn't refresh. I should definitely have enough memory after all the apps I deleted.
    I would try to reinstall the package manager service as well as preware. That will usually help if you are in a bind.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As oil said, there is no way that Palm is going to allow advanced homebrew that can run installation scripts as root into any of their official processes.

-- Rod
    Okay, that answers my question, I wasn't sure if Preware's abilities would disqualify it even from Palm's review-less submission process for a URL. Due to its low-level activities and potential to break the OS, it surely would. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by runner77 View Post
    I'm also having this same problem this afternoon.

I've been using Preware and Package Manager Service the past 3-4 months and have never run into this issue.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and rebooting about 5 times today using Quick Install 2.72 and I'm still getting the "P.M.S. not installed or please reboot" error.

Please help.
    I am also having the same issue. I have done as others have suggested and QI to remove PMS and Preware....reboot, then re-install. Also cannot get to Emergency Patch recovery tool if we cannot use Preware (vicious circle). I have uninstalled all patches I could find. Does anyone have another idea. We have tried uninstalling and re-installing as page 1 has instructed. PLEASE HELP.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    Just trying to get final verification. WebOSQI just came out with v.2.8. My question is, since I have PreWare is there any reason that I would ever need to use WEBOSQI again short of having to completely reset my phone to factory defaults and having to reinstall PreWare via WebOSQI?

I can't think of any reason aside from the one listed above to ever need WebOSQI again since PreWare can update itself when new versions come out and it seems that any homebrew applications and tweaks that are available are available in both preWare and WebOSQI.

Am I missing something or is this a correct assumption? Thanks.
    The decision whether to use WOSQI or Preware (or both) is a personal choice. We work closely enough that things are interoperable. The import thing is the packaging standards, not the tool that you happen to use today to install the packages.

Use the one which is most convenient for you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mgojcaj1 View Post
    You need to install Fair Dinkum.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals