Page 126 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 6094
    Hey guys!

I just installed the VKB! So its the first time Iam really sitting down to use it. I have a few questions!

1) Had anyone seen an issue with web surfing where the delete key does not work? I mean if I use the keyboard I cant use backspace on a spelling error that I may make. Its pretty much gayed out.

2) Now I know its a x2 tap to get the keyboard on screen. I have had issues with this here and there. Then I single tap get rid of it. Some times this does not always work. Any bugs with this? This could just be me getting used to the tapping.

3) Can I only uninstall the keyboard from the Preware app? I dont see it listed in the device info for the software. I do see Preware listed. I also found in preware where I can uninstall it. Just want to make sure I got this down right.

4) If I uninstall Preware will that also uninstall all of the patches and changes I made with the app?

Thanks in advance guys! Im a new user to Preware and the keyboard! I know it wont be perfect but I love it anyways! Thanks to the guys at Preware for getting it to work! I also will be donating to both you guys and filecoaster this week! I love homebrew!
    "Fair Dinkum App Limit" has been released. You can find it in Preware, ready for installation on your Pre.

It will remove both the "hang" and the arbitrary 64MB limit on installation of applications.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tallation.html

Enjoy.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/12/2009 at 07:55 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    "Fair Dinkum App Limit" has been released. You can find it in Preware, ready for installation on your Pre.

It will remove both the "hang" and the arbitrary 64MB limit on installation of applications.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tallation.html

Enjoy.

-- Rod
    Thank you! Is there anywhere where i can donate? I checked the first page and didnt see a link. Thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Thank you! Is there anywhere where i can donate? I checked the first page and didnt see a link. Thank you again.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tallation.html has the donation link.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm not sure what to search for to find out. Are there any plans for Preware to eventually be downloadable and installable directly from a Palm-provided URL once that option for devs opens up, or will webOS Quick Install be the primary installation method of this app for the forseeable future? I am wondering this before getting into it.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by archcommus View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm not sure what to search for to find out. Are there any plans for Preware to eventually be downloadable and installable directly from a Palm-provided URL once that option for devs opens up, or will webOS Quick Install be the primary installation method of this app for the forseeable future? I am wondering this before getting into it.

Thanks.
    We are alpha testing stand-alone installers for Preware at:

http://get.preware.org/

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/12/2009 at 09:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Index of /

-- Rod
    wow, this will make things super easy for the non-computer savvy. WOSQI is fantastic, but still too much for some people.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    I like to leave my dev mode off when possible. Does Developer Mode need to be on when I download themes from Preware?

In that case does Dev Mode need to be on when downloading patches/tweaks from Preware?

Just curious
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I haven't adjusted any of the sound settings for my sms, so I assumed everything would stay at default. I can not get it to kick back in at all. I did a partial reset on the Pre, so I lost Preware before I realized that it could be the patch causing the issue. what can I do to at least re-enable the default setting for my notifications?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    I haven't adjusted any of the sound settings for my sms, so I assumed everything would stay at default. I can not get it to kick back in at all. I did a partial reset on the Pre, so I lost Preware before I realized that it could be the patch causing the issue. what can I do to at least re-enable the default setting for my notifications?
    If you give me a min ill post up some commands to run while ssh'd into the pre
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Code:
    cd /var/luna/preferences
    sqlite3 systemprefs.db
    update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/usr\/palm\/sounds\/notification.wav", "name": "notifications.wav" }' where key='notificationtone';
    update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/usr\/palm\/sounds\/alert.wav", "name": "alerts.wav" }' where key='alerttone';
    update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/usr\/palm\/sounds\/notification.wav", "name": "notifications.wav" }' where key='messagetone';
    .quit
    There you go run those commands
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Code:
    cd /var/luna/preferences
    sqlite3 systemprefs.db
    update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/usr\/palm\/sounds\/notification.wav", "name": "notifications.wav" }' where key='notificationtone';
    update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/usr\/palm\/sounds\/alert.wav", "name": "alerts.wav" }' where key='alerttone';
    update Preferences set value='{ "fullPath": "\/usr\/palm\/sounds\/notification.wav", "name": "notifications.wav" }' where key='messagetone';
    .quit
    There you go run those commands
    Thanks! But, You gave me waaaay too much credit. I am a power user, but I'm not THAT good! lol Where do I go to/How do I run thoese commands?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Nope, using Preware you can install pretty much everything, from patches to applications to themes, without turning on devmode. WebOSQuickInstall does require devmode however.
    I don't know who does the patches that go in to Preware but I have two ideas that I think would be helpful to a lot of people.

1. Alarm and Calendar alarms still sound even though the phone is on mute to everything else.

2. Bypass the error where it says you have too many cards open. Sometimes I will only have one card open and I try to open another and it gives me this error.

Index of /

-- Rod
    Thanks! I imagine this would be submitted to Palm once tested and working? If not for the App Catalog since it modifies so much system stuff, at least for the URL method.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archcommus View Post
    Thanks! I imagine this would be submitted to Palm once tested and working? If not for the App Catalog since it modifies so much system stuff, at least for the URL method.
    why would they submit a windows binary to palm? The only thing I can see them submitting to Palm (via the URL method) is preware itself.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Is it feasible (or even a good idea) to include the emergency patch recovery app in preware, so that it can be run offline or when feeds are otherwise unavailable?
    just a thought that i'd had.
    I am new here and am thinking of trying this out. I have one question first.

Does this have to be uninstalled along with everything you add with it when an "official" Palm update is released?

Is it easy to remove and what happens if you do the offical update and didnt remove it?

Thanks,

Rich
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kelim View Post
    How do you use quick install to update the package manager? where do I download the ipkg file?
    Anybody know?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kelim View Post
    Anybody know?

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Open QI, click the third button (underneath the + and - sign. and look for Package Manager and Preware. Should both be in the same place