Page 124 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I am trying to contact the developer for the "Hide Nascar App" patch. I want to ask him to create a similar patch for hiding the Sprint app. In the description in Preware I see the home page as webos-internals.org, and the developer is noir, but no contact email. How do we contact the maintainers for these patches?
    "Noir" is a username on the webos-internals.org wiki. I do not know how to contact that person. Someone else will need to step up and support this patch if it requires changes.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    rod, I have the exact same problems. My phone takes up to two minutes to install apps from both the real catalog and from eclipse when the package manager service is installed. If I install from Preware, its inststaneous, no delays. I removed PMS and everything installs perfectly :-(
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    rod, I have the exact same problems. My phone takes up to two minutes to install apps from both the real catalog and from eclipse when the package manager service is installed. If I install from Preware, its inststaneous, no delays. I removed PMS and everything installs perfectly :-(
    OK, do we have someone who is having these problems who is comfortable with the Linux command line on the Pre?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I installed the virtual keyboard about a week ago then all of a sudden it quit working.. I tried to reinstall it and it said it would not be installed because it was already installed... Then i went to uninstall the downloaded patch and it would not uninstall either.. Am i doing something wrong or is there a way around this??
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I already updated preware to 0.9.4 without removing tweaks applied with the WOSQI app. What should I do now? I want to just use preware from here on out
    OK, here's the procedure I used -

1) Make a list of your installed patches
    2) Remove them with the same version of WOSQI you used to install them with
    3) Restart Luna (if WOSQI doesn't, don't recall). Use Luna Manager (if you don't have root)
    4) User Preware to reinstall your patches
    5) Repeat step 3

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Package Manager Service (ipkgservice) starts correctly at line 1615.

At line 2066 you run Preware.

At line 3472, ipkgservice starts correctly again (due to what looks like a phone reboot at line 2500).

Then at line 4617, ipkgservice and preware are uninstalled, and the ipkgservice is stopped correctly as part of that at line 4624.

At line 10601 it seems that lemonade is removed.

At line 10602, there is a strange line related to ipkgservice, which seems to be because there has not been a java restart since ipkgservice was removed (what did you use to remove it?)

At line 10603, there is a java service restart, but I cannot see what causes that java service restart. A java service restart will cause the phone to go offline and seem to hang for 30 seconds or so.

At line 10957, ipkgservice is started again, as a result of the java service restart at line 10603.

At line 12645, ipkgservice is started again.

At line 14720, ipkgservice is started again.

At what times did the hangs occur?

It seems that the Palm java-serviceboot process is terminating and being restarted on lines 588, 2448, 5365, 7180, 9057, 10631, 11534, 13678. Some of these times are when ipkgservice is not installed correct?

Can you perform the following tests and log the result, noting the times of each step, and the times when it hangs:

1) Use WebOS Quick Install to remove the Package Manager Service and Preware.

2) Remove the /var/log/messages file

3) Reboot the Pre

4) Use Palm's app catalog to install something.

5) Use Palm's app catalog to uninstall it.

6) Use WebOS Quick Install to install the Package Manager Service and Preware.

7) Reboot the Pre (just to be sure)

8) Wait for another 5 minutes after you think it has completed booting, to make sure everything has started properly.

9) Run Preware to make sure it is working.

10) Use Palm's app catalog to install something.

11) Use Palm's app catalog to uninstall it.

12) Use WebOS Quick Install to remove the Package Manager Service and Preware.

13) Reboot the Pre (just to be sure)

14) Wait for another 5 minutes after you think it has completed booting, to make sure everything has started properly.

15) Use Palm's app catalog to install something.

16) Use Palm's app catalog to uninstall it.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Ok i did it exactly the way you wanted hopefully this is more helpful. Test app i used is still lemonade app.

PMS.zip
    do you have the most recent Preware? (if you don't seach here for instructions on how to install it. some things are different in the process) if you do, you may need to remove all your patches and start over again. if you have a theme on remove it, then go to preware tweaks and find the emergency patch removal. do that reboot your Pre and go from there.
    need some help guys I installed a few patches one was the battery % one and PDF landscape viewer. They will not uninstall. I even ran EPR and got and error 4. What can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    need some help guys I installed a few patches one was the battery % one and PDF landscape viewer. They will not uninstall. I even ran EPR and got and error 4. What can I do?
    try using webos quick install >>>tools and device management and look for those patchs and uninstall em
    If u dont have success with that try running the webos utility repair to restore those files!
    ok I got the PDF off but when I run the EPR patch it say error not patches found. It is not installed but it is showing up under the list of patches installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    try using webos quick install >>>tools and device management and look for those patchs and uninstall em
    If u dont have success with that try running the webos utility repair to restore those files!
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    ok I got the PDF off but when I run the EPR patch it say error not patches found. It is not installed but it is showing up under the list of patches installed.

!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, do we have someone who is having these problems who is comfortable with the Linux command line on the Pre?

-- Rod
    Yes. My phone is rooted and I'm very familiar with Linux. What would you like me to try or do you want me to follow the procedure you previously outlined?

BTW, I have verified on my phone that when I remove the package manager service and reboot the phone, app catalog downloads work normally but as soon as I install the package manager service even without Preware, app catalog downloads freeze. Typically the freeze starts as soon as you hit the download button from the app catalog and then again at some point near the end of the download.

I wonder if there is some lock contention issue where the app catalog code is trying to get some resource being periodically held by the package service. I suspect this was introduced in the new app catalog introduced since 1.2 and not a regression in the package manager service.
    I'm going to try the repair utility.

Just fininshed and came back clean, so I went to the webos quick installer 2.72 and tried to remove and it game me an error with a big long list of code. Then it was gone from the list and my preware.
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 10/11/2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Im trying to update Preware but when ever i go into the Preware app on my phone it says Checking Version and nothing happens. What can i do/should i do?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    it does this when you dont have signal then you try to open it again
    I just reboot my pre and it works when I try again
    just make sure you have signal when you start it up
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Quote Originally Posted by alansned View Post
    OK. My phone gets this error on every theme I try to install, but my wife's phone installed just fine. Does it have anything to do with patches I have installed?

Edit: I got it working. I uninstalled all my patches and then it showed I had a theme already installed. Removed it and then reinstalled everything.
    how do you uninstall themes?
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    Yes. My phone is rooted and I'm very familiar with Linux. What would you like me to try or do you want me to follow the procedure you previously outlined?

BTW, I have verified on my phone that when I remove the package manager service and reboot the phone, app catalog downloads work normally but as soon as I install the package manager service even without Preware, app catalog downloads freeze. Typically the freeze starts as soon as you hit the download button from the app catalog and then again at some point near the end of the download.

I wonder if there is some lock contention issue where the app catalog code is trying to get some resource being periodically held by the package service. I suspect this was introduced in the new app catalog introduced since 1.2 and not a regression in the package manager service.
    The first thing would be a 'ps -ef' listing during the hang, and a 'dbus-ustil --capture' listing capturing the hang.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    As far as I know, ipkgservice doesn't hold any resources while Preware is not active.

But please do keep theorising.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Ok i did it exactly the way you wanted hopefully this is more helpful. Test app i used is still lemonade app.

PMS.zip
    Did you record the times of each of the steps, and also the times of the hangs?

-- Rod
    I can confirm 4 people I know up here with Pre's. After removal of the Package Service Manager and a reboot the App catalog worked normal and did not freeze or show a memory limit error. Upon reinstalling PSM and Preware, the app catalog once again froze and had a memory limit error.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals