Page 121 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 6094
    Hey Rwhitby there have been many users on the forum that been having major freezing issues of lasting around 30 sec - 1 min (in my case) for downloading & another minor freeze when installing apps from the app catalog. We have seem to figure the cause maybe the package manager service because once removed everything is fine and working properly. This is great & bad. Great because i am finally able to stop the freezing issue, bad because i lose a great program such as preware. I had the updated versions of Preware & Package Manger Service if that helps you troubleshoot the problem. I am also gonna link the threads in to which people where having the problems. Thanks for all your help in this matter.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1967382
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...tall-apps.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1967604

I should also note that i have a sprint pre running 1.2.1
    Last edited by QuietStorm21A; 10/11/2009 at 08:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I just updated PreWare to the newest version, and now it loads, gets updates, but when it comes to the main screen it is locked, and all 4 options are kinda greyed out and I can do anything, no matter what I Click, it just sits there and stares at me...only thing i can do is close it.

What should or can I do?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    that's what I just said 2 posts ago, lol. Glad it's not just me.
    I just started using preware and I really like it (was using WOSQI before 1.2.1). One quick question. Allot of the patches I installed with WOSQI are not showing as installed inside preware. Do I have to unistall them with WOSQI then re-install with Preware? It gets confusing and I don't want to "double patch" and screw things up.
    I was not getting Preware to load to server for 24 hours, I used WebOSQuickinstall to reinstall package manager and preware over the top of the existing files and everything works great now.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty View Post
    I got my OTA 1.2.1 upgrade yesterday. Loaded up Preware and the first thing I did was start updating my installed packages. iwhen I updated Preware, it shut down after the update but now when I launch it it says "updating" for about 10 seconds, then it says "loading" for a quick second, then it says "done". But when it opens, everythings greyed out.

is this just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    I just updated PreWare to the newest version, and now it loads, gets updates, but when it comes to the main screen it is locked, and all 4 options are kinda greyed out and I can do anything, no matter what I Click, it just sits there and stares at me...only thing i can do is close it.

What should or can I do?
    Did you update to/install the Package Manager service BEFORE updating/installing Preware?

The 2 latest versions of Preware require the latest PM service. See here for more info -
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

You can use WOSQI to remove the old PM service and Preware, then install the latest versions of both. As I told my son (who did the same thing) - when a tool is updated, be sure to RTF(updated)M.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I just started using preware and I really like it (was using WOSQI before 1.2.1). One quick question. Allot of the patches I installed with WOSQI are not showing as installed inside preware. Do I have to unistall them with WOSQI then re-install with Preware? It gets confusing and I don't want to "double patch" and screw things up.
    WOSQI is yet not "aware" of the new version of the patch feed. Jason has to sleep some time...

So, it may be a good idea. I uninstalled my patches before updating Preware.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    WOSQI is yet not "aware" of the new version of the patch feed. Jason has to sleep some time...

So, it may be a good idea. I uninstalled my patches before updating Preware.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    I already updated preware to 0.9.4 without removing tweaks applied with the WOSQI app. What should I do now? I want to just use preware from here on out
    Hello gents and gals,

I have tried to read threw all 119 pages on this thread about the keyboard issues.

Before 1.2.1 came out I had the keyboard patch working, whoever I forgot to remove the patch before the 1.2.1 update. Now I get errors trying to install it via preware or WebOSQuick with errors.

Do I need to doctor the pre to remove all the patch's so that I can install the keyboard patch to work again? Or is there another work around for this problem..?

any help would be appreciated in advance.

- Nexus
    Miami, Florida

Thanks. A nOOb! HERE!
    Quote Originally Posted by nexusgroove View Post
    Hello gents and gals,

I have tried to read threw all 119 pages on this thread about the keyboard issues.

Before 1.2.1 came out I had the keyboard patch working, whoever I forgot to remove the patch before the 1.2.1 update. Now I get errors trying to install it via preware or WebOSQuick with errors.

Do I need to doctor the pre to remove all the patch's so that I can install the keyboard patch to work again? Or is there another work around for this problem..?

any help would be appreciated in advance.

- Nexus
    Miami, Florida

Thanks. A nOOb! HERE!
    Try the WebOS Repair Utility.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-utility.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Yeah thanks, after I made this post, i saw the thread on the new WebOS repair jar that just came out.. its scanning now..

much thanks for your help. Hope it works.

Nexus
    I am trying to install the package install but when I click the button then set it to Internal (all) I can't see the names that are beside the check box. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of which one to click since I can't see any text. TIA - poke
    Ok.... looking to install Preware and found some confusing statements between the Preware package manager and the WebOSQI 2.72.

Looking at the OS internals wiki page for preware it lists a very easy step by step way to get preware, but at the end it states that the package manager service is wrong.

****** Snipped from bottom of Preware Wiki page on OS Internals.....
    If WebOS Quick Install offers to install the Package Manager Service automatically to enable tweaking, do not agree. It will install the wrong version. You must install it as detailed above.

I also found a post on one of the sticky threads that *seems* to imply that the 2.72 version does indeed point to the wrong package manager (as in not the latest version).

As I'm planning to install Preware I need to know if 2.72 is behind in its package manager and if so will I have to uninstall the package manager using 2.72 before I install the Preware via the Preware 'steps'?

At this point it *looks* like my current method will be:
    1. uninstall any tweaks 1 by 1 using 2.72 (homebrew apps should be fine)
    2. uninstall the current package manager installed by 2.72 (even though not sure how to do that)
    3. hope there is no extra intermediate steps here...
    4. follow preware package manager download instructions
    5. follow preware install instructions
    6. hope that 2.73 doesn't bork the package manager download when it is released...
    7. cross fingers and hope preware works and that I can use the 'newest' package manager with 2.72+ and reactivate tweaks built into 2.72+.

Any thoughts?
    i see there is a preware update. what exactly do i need to do to update preware on my phone? can i just update it? do i need to remove it, then reisntall it with webos quick install? sorry im a liitle confused and i dont want to have to use the doctor and start from scratch. all solutions will b greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    i see there is a preware update. what exactly do i need to do to update preware on my phone? can i just update it? do i need to remove it, then reisntall it with webos quick install? sorry im a liitle confused and i dont want to have to use the doctor and start from scratch. all solutions will b greatly appreciated.
    if its only the preware update u can update directly from preware! .. u will see the preware dissapear and then u open again preware allready update and listo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    if its only the preware update u can update directly from preware! .. u will see the preware dissapear and then u open again preware allready update and listo!!
    i was reading the update and it says something about running emergency recovery patch, do i need to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    i was reading the update and it says something about running emergency recovery patch, do i need to do that?
    nop emergency recovery patch is for clean all your patchs and restore original files... the only thing you have to do is update preware from preware thats all!
    I have installed everything exactly like you've instructed, but still in preware the patches say they install but nothing happens.. I tried to go to the quick install and just do these patches in the tweak section but it always say something about the chuck not being right or the patch is already detected.. I know im probably missing some simple step. But I have been trying ot figure this out for weeks.. The people on preload have tried ot help but still nothing.. PLEASE HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by sheilamarie View Post
    I have installed everything exactly like you've instructed, but still in preware the patches say they install but nothing happens.. I tried to go to the quick install and just do these patches in the tweak section but it always say something about the chuck not being right or the patch is already detected.. I know im probably missing some simple step. But I have been trying ot figure this out for weeks.. The people on preload have tried ot help but still nothing.. PLEASE HELP
    did u restart luna after installing patchs?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    nop emergency recovery patch is for clean all your patchs and restore original files... the only thing you have to do is update preware from preware thats all!
    thank again for your help and quick replies!!!