Page 120 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    use quick install to install gnu patch and/or package manager service. I'm not sure which one it is, but if you install them both, PreWare will work. Don't forget to "thank" me
    accually u should delete the gnu patch.. the new and updated preware 9.3 already has it bullt in... the gnu patch is disabled with the new update.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you update the package manager first?

-- Rod
    no i didnt i just woke up and saw that i could update it so i did i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but that didnt work i did try to update the package manager through Web OS quickinstall but it made no diff everything is still greyed out

v0.9.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I am trying to install the patch "unhide Dev Mode Icon" - (I have installed several other patches with no problems)

After I select "ok" I receive the following msg...

Error installing: See IPKG Log

I click "IPKG log" button and that leads to the log which reads...

Confirm
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon (1.2.1-0) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.1-0_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon.postinst)

Unlock
    nothing interesting

Postinst
    nothing interesting

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'postinst' operation
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rejo
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 5.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rejo
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon.postinst)

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    I have the same problem. You can get the Dev Mode Icon to show up by running WebOS Quick Install and selecting File -> Options and checking Show DevMode app in the launcher.

FYI, the file that gets patched is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.
    here is a helpful link that may help with updating

prewarehttp://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/208312-autopatch-transitioning-webos-patches-feed.html

--------thanks is to the right--------
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    no i didnt i just woke up and saw that i could update it so i did i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but that didnt work i did try to update the package manager through Web OS quickinstall but it made no diff everything is still greyed out

v0.9.3
    You need to remove the Package Manager Service using WebOS Quick Install, then reboot the Pre, then install the Package Manager Service using WebOS Quick Install (WITHOUT doing any thing else with WebOS Quick Install), then reboot the Pre, then double check that version 0.9.7 of the Package Manager Service is installed using WebOS Quick Install, then install Preware, then start Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    sorry here is the proper link\

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

------------thanks is to the right---------------
    Quick question, do I have to be in devmode while using preware to install? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuandoyodije View Post
    Quick question, do I have to be in devmode while using preware to install? Thanks
    That question is answered on the Preware wiki page, which is linked to from the Homepage link in the description of Preware.

Yes, it would have taken me less time to tell you the answer, but I prefer to teach people to fish.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thank you, I have that page as one of my favorites, I did read the wiki page a couple of times , or at least I thought I read it(cause I missed that little blurb), hmmmm......

So the answer is yes?
    Last edited by cuandoyodije; 10/10/2009 at 11:56 PM.
    Are you referring to this page Application:Preware - WebOS Internals,
    I just read it over again, I dont know If I'm blind, but I don't find the answer to my question there.
    And yes I have been serching the forum for almost an hour now, and I couldnt find a direct answer.
    That question is answered on the Preware wiki page, which is linked to from the Homepage link in the description of Preware.

Yes, it would have taken me less time to tell you the answer, but I prefer to teach people to fish.

-- Rod
    Its also in the help menu of WQI, under help->usage

If you turn off dev mode.. you'll find it curiously difficult to get WQI to recognize that your phone is plugged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I had this happening and posted my results in another thread but the way I stopped this reaction was:
    1. Delete Preware from Pre.
    2. Install package manager (update if necessary). [Important to do this first!]
    3. Reinstall Preware [0.9.3].
    4. Reboot.

Everything's been gorgeous since.
    I did exactly as you describe, and got different results. I went through WQI to update preware and the package manager service. I downloaded both, installed both simultaneous. Not sure which one went first.

I reset, and preware was greyed out.

I removed both programs, reset, installed package manager, reset, installed preware, same issue. Did this in various ways, methods, etc and could not get it to work until I did as I described earlier... YMMV
    For some reason all of my tweak and patches are gone now. I don't understand how they removed themselves.

Is something going on?

I had the date in the time are on the top bar, and now its gone.

I had hide Nascar and now it's showing.

I had already spent all of yesterday upgrading Package Manager and Preware.

Does anyone know why this is going on?

Is Palm deleting things off my Pre?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by cuandoyodije View Post
    Are you referring to this page Application:Preware - WebOS Internals,
    I just read it over again, I dont know If I'm blind, but I don't find the answer to my question there.
    And yes I have been serching the forum for almost an hour now, and I couldnt find a direct answer.
    My apologies cuandoyodije, I could have sworn the info was there, but I was wrong - it most definitely was not.

I have added the following lines:

You need to have your Pre in developer mode when using WebOS Quick Install for the very first installation of the Package Manager Service and Preware. Once you have Preware correctly installed, you never need to use developer mode again with Preware (it does the required steps in the background for you whenever it needs to).

Thanks for pointing out the missing information, and apologies again for pointing you to a resource which did not have the information you were looking for.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/11/2009 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Is Palm deleting things off my Pre?
    It is *extremely* unlikely that Palm could delete patches from your Pre. The APIs they would use for removing an application from your Pre simply don't work for removing Patches (since they don't run the pre-removal scripts).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I am trying to install the patch "unhide Dev Mode Icon" - (I have installed several other patches with no problems)

After I select "ok" I receive the following msg...

Error installing: See IPKG Log

I click "IPKG log" button and that leads to the log which reads...

Confirm
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon (1.2.1-0) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.1-0_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon

Unlock
    nothing interesting

Postinst
    nothing interesting

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'postinst' operation
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rejo
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 5.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rejo
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon from root...

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    My guess that you have a WebOS Quick Install tweak enabled which unhides the dev mode icon, and you're trying to install a Preware Patch which does the same thing. Note that the Patch program is telling you that something else has already modified the file from what it is expecting to see. So it fails safely without further touching the file.

You either need to disable the other tweak, or decide on just one way of doing things.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Its also in the help menu of WQI, under help->usage

If you turn off dev mode.. you'll find it curiously difficult to get WQI to recognize that your phone is plugged in.
    He was actually asking if you need to be in dev mode when using Preware to install things. You do not.

-- Rod
    It is *extremely* unlikely that Palm could delete patches from your Pre. The APIs they would use for removing an application from your Pre simply don't work for removing Patches (since they don't run the pre-removal scripts).

-- Rod
    I didn't really think so. But thanks!

I just installed all the tweaks again.

And maybe just maybe, after doing all the upgrades last night there is a small chance that I forgot to put those tweaks back.

Heck, the go on then come off, depending on what's being upgraded the day of the week.

I might be losing track! LOL!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Preware 0.9.4, with package dependency support, is released.

Just upgrade it inside Preware, no special instructions this time.

If you're starting from scratch, you will automatically get it.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I got my OTA 1.2.1 upgrade yesterday. Loaded up Preware and the first thing I did was start updating my installed packages. iwhen I updated Preware, it shut down after the update but now when I launch it it says "updating" for about 10 seconds, then it says "loading" for a quick second, then it says "done". But when it opens, everythings greyed out.

is this just me?