Page 119 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 6094
    Having some trouble installing patches. Initially, I was trying to use Preware to install them, but that wasn't working, so I decided to try using the QI instead. Same problems.

I just uninstalled, then reinstalled, the package manager and Preware about ten minutes ago.

I've enclosed a screenshot of one of the error messages below. Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    now... even with preware and package manager uninstalled, I get no java reset. Ive turned dev mode off/on again, uninstalled luna manager, package manager, and preware. Then have tried to install package manager from WQI and through the 'tweaks' menu, neither seems to successfully installed package manager.

I can access the tweaks without first having installed package manager, it claims to have installed it, I can then turn tweaks off/on, but if I exit and try to reenter the tweaks menu, it says it has to reinstall package manager again.

*** is going on?
    I've been uninstalling, resetting, reinstalling all night. Nothing seems to work. I'm having identical issues as phreakish. Watching for any suggestinos.
    Thanks for everyones help!
    also, GNU patch shows in WQI as out of date, I keep updating, and it keeps showing needs updated (++) argh.

Same as mpn28, installed, removed, rebooted what feels like a hundred times already. Its almost as if everything I try to do is immediately undone or something. Do we need to remove all tweaks/etc prior to updating the package manager?
    now... even with preware and package manager uninstalled, I get no java reset. Ive turned dev mode off/on again, uninstalled luna manager, package manager, and preware. Then have tried to install package manager from WQI and through the 'tweaks' menu, neither seems to successfully installed package manager.

I can access the tweaks without first having installed package manager, it claims to have installed it, I can then turn tweaks off/on, but if I exit and try to reenter the tweaks menu, it says it has to reinstall package manager again.

*** is going on?
    Yup....Same thing with me for the past 48 hours.
    Cant seem to figure this out.
    Seems there are a few people with this issue, and no answer yet.
    Hopefully someone will figure this out.
    Sorry to hear about the troubles you guys are having. Just wanted to mention that WEBOS Doctor 1.21 is available at the Palm site if you decide to resort to that.
    I really, really dont want to doctor... and, I seem to have fixed my troubles.

Going into device manager, I selected 'patches' in the drop down above the app list. I selected all my tweaks and then clicked uninstall.

It gave me an error on each one, then restarted. I then did my own reset (orange sym r).

Then after it was back up, I went into the tweaks menu, which asks you if you want to install the necessary services/patches to work. I said yes, and it downloaded and installed all 3. I then unchecked, and then after the reset rechecked the 4x4 launcher tweak. Then reset the phone once more.

After all this, I retried the tweaks menu, to verify package manager was running. It opened no problem.

I exited, then pulled up the repository viewer and updated package manager. Reset again. The weird thing was, the phone seemed to get stuck in a loop, phone would go offline, then searching, sprint, offline, searching, sprint. It never got an EV signal. So this is why I reset.

After the reboot, I installed preware and it works! Phew...

Now, to reinstall luna manager, and see if any of my tweaks really were removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Sorry to hear about the troubles you guys are having. Just wanted to mention that WEBOS Doctor 1.21 is available at the Palm site if you decide to resort to that.
    This is the only thing that worked for me --- although I used the old webos doctor -- and updated.
    What does the battery patch do? the one that gets rid of the GUI mapping? Does it make the the battery % more accurate?
    Where can i find the repair utility from the new DR.? I have a theme impaired Pre and have been waiting patiently (sort of)and the new change user agent hack is ready...possibility for a patch sometime soon...Wish i could do it now, but there's a complete blackout and my laptop is about to die...fun, fun.
    Did the exact same procedure as phreakish. Now Preware works for the first time since yesterday! I'm going to reapply patches one at a time to see if it could have been one of the patches.
    Thanks phreakish!

UPDATE:
    I have installed all my original patches and everything is working perfectly. I just followed the EXACT same procedure as phreakish, and it all worked.
    I think the key here was to uninstall everything and start from the beginning in the proper order with a reset after each install.
    On the positive side, you REALLY get to know your Pre. Great learning experience.
    Thanks again! I hope this works for all of you.
    Last edited by mpn28; 10/11/2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Update
  12.    #2372  
    Could you guys list the patches you removed that made the package manager start to work?

Then others could see if they have them installed and fallow suit.

Though, I'm not sure how any of them could have possibly interfered with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    What does the battery patch do? the one that gets rid of the GUI mapping? Does it make the the battery % more accurate?
    it shows the percent of battery left
    I have not had any troubles with my preware since last night. But I only have about 10 patches installed.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am trying to install the patch "unhide Dev Mode Icon" - (I have installed several other patches with no problems)

After I select "ok" I receive the following msg...

Error installing: See IPKG Log

I click "IPKG log" button and that leads to the log which reads...

Confirm
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon (1.2.1-0) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.1-0_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon.postinst)

Unlock
    nothing interesting

Postinst
    nothing interesting

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'postinst' operation
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rejo
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 5.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rejo
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon.postinst)

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Thanks for your great work people!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    CAN access the page, open preware, this is what I get
    I had this happening and posted my results in another thread but the way I stopped this reaction was:
    1. Delete Preware from Pre.
    2. Install package manager (update if necessary). [Important to do this first!]
    3. Reinstall Preware [0.9.3].
    4. Reboot.

Everything's been gorgeous since.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Could you guys list the patches you removed that made the package manager start to work?

Then others could see if they have them installed and fallow suit.

Though, I'm not sure how any of them could have possibly interfered with it.
    I cant seem to figure which ones would have caused issue either.

Through WQI I uninstalled all my patches, but none of them actually were uninstalled.. I got an error on each one when I tried to remove it.

If I go into the tweaks menu, most of the ones installed through preware show up as checked, but are no longer in the 'patches' list in WQI under device management. Some do not. I should add that the vast majority of my tweaks were installed as patches thru preware.

I have:
    4x4 launcher
    disable charge notification
    dialpad sounds off/vibrate on
    mynotifications
    date without year added to top bar
    battery % and icon
    add/delete launcher pages
    disable notify when on call
    VKB
    email and text in landscape

Not sure why it worked, but it seemed to. Previously, I couldnt seem to get the package manager install to 'stick'. The tweaks menu would request to install package manager every time I tried to get to access the menu.

Another curiosity was that the GNU patch would not, for the life of me, update when I tried to do so thru WQI. Perhaps this was a contributor? I wound up removing the GNU patch, diffstat, and package manager also, in addition to the patches/tweaks.

Hope this helps in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    I tried updating preware...read everything on here about the correct process...and now I can't access preware. Every time I try to open preware on my phone it just says "updating" and stays that way. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have no problem using QI, but it was nice doing preware. Thanks for any help.
    Ya same here... now that i'm at a computer, I'm going to try to figure this thing out.
    if you have installed everything correctly, assuming that u installed the pms first and then preware.. i have had this happen a few times to me also.. just reset your phone and try it again, it really helps if you access pw while using wifi..due to the fact that it has to much to offer now....hope this helps

--------------thanks is to the right--------