Page 118 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 6094
  1.    #2341  
    Seems to be some problem with the service starting.

Anyone care to get their /var/log/messages to us so we can see whats going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Seems to be some problem with the service starting.

Anyone care to get their /var/log/messages to us so we can see whats going on?
    Can that be done through WQI?

*edit, I got the file. not sure it will be of much use right now. What is of interest? Should I install the package manager, restart and then get it to someone? Who can I send it to?
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I tried updating preware...read everything on here about the correct process...and now I can't access preware. Every time I try to open preware on my phone it just says "updating" and stays that way. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have no problem using QI, but it was nice doing preware. Thanks for any help.
    9.7 here too. Tell me how and I will get it to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpn28 View Post
    I would assume that the server might be down. But, I read posts saying Preware is working fine for them.
    The server has been fine ever since we doubled the RAM allocation:

Our server is much happier now it has some RAM headroom. Tha... on Twitpic

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mpn28 View Post
    9.7 here too. Tell me how and I will get it to you!
    Use the File Manager Service, and Internalz, to copy the /var/log/messages file to your USB area and then upload it to a post here.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    Can that be done through WQI?

*edit, I got the file. not sure it will be of much use right now. What is of interest? Should I install the package manager, restart and then get it to someone? Who can I send it to?
    You can attach it to a post here, or PM me with the contents.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by va2thadeath View Post
    Im gettin this same error. I updated the package manager via QI and still get the greyed out screen
    Try this:

1) Reboot your Pre
    2) Wait until your carrier name appears in the top-left corner before doing anything at all
    3) Wait another 5 minutes, just to be sure.
    4) Test that you can access http://ipkg.preware.org/ in your web browser.
    5) Start Preware.
    6) Go into installed packages, and report the version of the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    preware is a lot better than filecoaster. I've downloaded a ton of patches. keep up the good work!

swagbucks.com: Swag Store
    attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try this:

1) Reboot your Pre
    2) Wait until your carrier name appears in the top-left corner before doing anything at all
    3) Wait another 5 minutes, just to be sure.
    4) Test that you can access http://ipkg.preware.org/ in your web browser.
    5) Start Preware.
    6) Go into installed packages, and report the version of the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    CAN access the page, open preware, this is what I get
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can also load the page. However, Preware is still greyed. Can't access anything in Preware.
    its working for me
    o nvm its grayed for me too
  15.    #2355  
    Initial "Gray List" bug steps:

The last bit in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/1963769-post1885.html

If that doesn't work: http://forums.precentral.net/1965828-post1969.html

If the second one tells you its not running, you can get us your /var/log/messages file.

Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    attached
    Never see the service starting.

Can I have you try this: Remove the package manager service with quick install. Reboot your pre. Re-install the package manager service.

After the reinstall, wait for java to restart (it SHOULD restart, if it doesn't there is another problem.) You can tell its restarted when the bars & evdo icons in the top right come back. Then try preware.
    Have not been able to access Preware for 24 hours. Never had a problem before.
  17.    #2357  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Have not been able to access Preware for 24 hours. Never had a problem before.
    OK?

Thanks for all that information so I can attempt to help you...
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Initial "Gray List" bug steps:

The last bit in this post: http://forums.precentral.net/1963769-post1885.html

If that doesn't work: http://forums.precentral.net/1965828-post1969.html

If the second one tells you its not running, you can get us your /var/log/messages file.

Never see the service starting.

Can I have you try this: Remove the package manager service with quick install. Reboot your pre. Re-install the package manager service.

After the reinstall, wait for java to restart (it SHOULD restart, if it doesn't there is another problem.) You can tell its restarted when the bars & evdo icons in the top right come back. Then try preware.
    java resets if I install package manager first, but not if I isntall it while preware is installed.

restarted the phone, no change. If I try to use luna manager (should I uninstall this too?) to do anything, it says the service (package manager that is) isnt running..
    If this has been mentioned, then all apologies. I don't pretend that I have read every post of this (deservedly) robust and plentiful thread.

Am wondering how I could remove patches if the Preware feed were down and an OTA update came a calling.

Perhaps the EPR could be modified so that it could be downloaded, but the script would be run at a later time under manual control?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    Perhaps the EPR could be modified so that it could be downloaded, but the script would be run at a later time under manual control?
    Good idea. I accidentally ran it the first time by mistake because I thought it would just download but would not execute until I wanted it to.