Page 117 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    It may not be a blackberry but basic resets dont do the job of a battery pull!! Atleast from my findings
    That isn't correct. You don't reset the same on a Pre as you would a BB or WinMo phone. The other methods are better for your phone and do just as good a job as far as resets go.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I had installed the Virtual Keyboard, Add New Launcher Pages, and Blinking LED patches after upgrading to WebOS 1.2.1. Then, the other night I got the dreaded alert to update WebOS again, and did the update without uninstalling patches (it was 4am). Now the VK and Add New Launcher Pages is gone, although Blinking LED is still there. I'm trying to use Preware to reinstall the patches, but for some reason I don't see the Available Patches category on the main Preware menu. I'm running version 0.9.3 of Preware and I updated the Package Manager service and feeds, but no luck. I think I could use the WebOS quick installer to reinstall VK but I'd rather not if I can use Preware. I must be missing something...I've checked the Preware install instructions and related threads, but I can't see it. Please help...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Where does it say the error is? In the title of the error message it will say "*Something* Error"

But off the top of my head, I'd say its because you don't have package manager 0.9.7 installed.
    Im gettin this same error. I updated the package manager via QI and still get the greyed out screen
    When you're at the gray list, hit the app menu (where it says preware in the top left corner) and go to preferences. From the preferences scene, hit the app menu again, and go to feeds, what error message pops up?
    I have an error message that says "The packager manager service is not running......blah blah blah."

The thing is I have updated this numerous times differnet ways.
    QI says I am missing it when I go into tweaks, and it installs it for me.
    I can then go into tweaks again, and get the same thing, so it installs it again. Over and over.
    Luna Restart app, has the same error.
    I reset my phone, and the same thing.
    try using emergency recovery patch this patch will erase all your patches and restore the original files
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    I have an error message that says "The packager manager service is not running......blah blah blah."

The thing is I have updated this numerous times differnet ways.
    QI says I am missing it when I go into tweaks, and it installs it for me.
    I can then go into tweaks again, and get the same thing, so it installs it again. Over and over.
    Luna Restart app, has the same error.
    I reset my phone, and the same thing.

same thing for me
    all i had to do was restart the phone and it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The donation link is at WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals ...

I am confident that this community will step up to the plate and make donations to cover the cost of the resources that are being used
    Just a suggestion...you may want to consider putting a "donate" link in your signature in order to get more visibility....or maybe even add it to the first post. Sometimes people need a little "nudge" to get them to donate.

I encourage everyone that uses Preware to make a donation!
    my preware app is not working well, it shows the categories but but I can't click on them for they are greyed out. I know there's a newer version and I'm not near a computer for a while.

any thoughts?
    Ok, I've looked and looked before I decided to ask here. I have followed everything to a tee. However, I still have a greyed out Preware. I did notice a few posts with this problem, but never saw an answer. I would assume that the server might be down. But, I read posts saying Preware is working fine for them.
    Can anyone clarify this for me?
    Thanks in Advance!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpn28 View Post
    Ok, I've looked and looked before I decided to ask here. I have followed everything to a tee. However, I still have a greyed out Preware. I did notice a few posts with this problem, but never saw an answer. I would assume that the server might be down. But, I read posts saying Preware is working fine for them.
    Can anyone clarify this for me?
    Thanks in Advance!!
    did u install package manager service first ?
    Installed everything several times in the right order. Reboot after every load. Preware loads, but is always greyed out and cannot access anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpn28 View Post
    Installed everything several times in the right order. Reboot after every load. Preware loads, but is always greyed out and cannot access anything!
    same here, did it in the right order, everything is greyed out. Uninstalled both, restarted, installed package manager, restart, installed preware, still all grey. Frustrated..

Any suggestions?
    use quick install to install gnu patch and/or package manager service. I'm not sure which one it is, but if you install them both, PreWare will work. Don't forget to "thank" me
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    thanks... I guess I have to wait to get to a computer?
    u should install package manager service and then preware!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    same here, did it in the right order, everything is greyed out. Uninstalled both, restarted, installed package manager, restart, installed preware, still all grey. Frustrated..

Any suggestions?
    when you plug in your phone to the computer and run Device Management under Tools in WebOS Quick Install, what version of the package manager does it say you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuMan7 View Post
    when you plug in your phone to the computer and run Device Management under Tools in WebOS Quick Install, what version of the package manager does it say you have?
    i'm having the same problem...mine is version 0.9.7
    Quote Originally Posted by acidspitters View Post
    i'm having the same problem...mine is version 0.9.7
    0.9.7 here too, from WebOS interals feed through WOSQI
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    u should install package manager service and then preware!
    Yes, but it really doesn't make a difference. I had this issue yesterday on my fiance's phone (she finally let me hack her phone! big sign of trust there!) and it worked just great!
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com