Page 114 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 6094
    I personally, used WEBOSQI to uninstall not upgrade the Preware stuff.

I uninstalled autopatch, package manager and Preware. A complete uninstall.

Then I just installed Package Manager and Preware!

I it's working for me today!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ok. ... i had to re download preware and now that i have it works, but the patches part is light grey and wont let me click, so i went to IPKG like last time to download something, and its not there.

any help??? thanks everyone!
    mine works but i cannot get into the "installed patches" is just not there and also the "update" is grayed out. any ideas???
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    got it! nevermind!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My preware version 9.2 just keeps saying updating. Should I just remove it and package manager and start over.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Mine too. Nice features added but doesn't seem like any testing was done prior to release.
    it's wonderful that i can sign in to google talk through the test message area, but my status NEVER goes to away so i seem like a jerk if i don't shut it off at night and someone sends me a message.. i stay "online" but never respond. could they make a patch to at least add "away" as an option, but preferably have it set itself to away if i don't mess with it for 15 minutes?
    Yeah, something has to be hosed somewhere. I'll try again in the morning.
    i tried multiple times and just got it working

Fred
    someone suggested that because we are all right now trying to access these Feeds via Preware is why it's taking so long for the 'checking updates' to finish. I'm beginning to believe this now.

It's now 9pm Friday!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    someone suggested that because we are all right now trying to access these Feeds via Preware is why it's taking so long for the 'checking updates' to finish. I'm beginning to believe this now.
    Yes...probably true.
    i am having one problem now. i dont know if its from updating preware and downloading some patches. so far i installed enable add/delete pages, enable forwarding, hide nascar app(cause nascar sucks) sms tone per contact, sound toggle -grey, unhide dev mode icon, virtual keyboard. now when i tap the green phone button to call i cant see the numbers but i can still tap them. has anyone had this problem or heard of it?
  13.    #2273  
    Getting stuck on updating feeds is always because of internet connection problems when accessing the feeds. Be it either feeds down on the server side, or your connection.

One major culprit seems to be wifi for whatever reason. Are you with problems on wifi?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'm on Wifi and it take a couple of minutes stuck at "updating" before it load the feeds. Loads everytime though, just gotta be patient.
  15.    #2275  
    Those of you with trouble updating, if you have terminal/termplugin or putty access, you should try running:
    Code:
    ipkg -o /var update
    Thats basically the update command, but you will be able to see which feed it fails on and you could disable it in the feeds management scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    One major culprit seems to be wifi for whatever reason. Are you with problems on wifi?
    No wifi here. I'm glad to see it's just not me. I thought I hosed something up with installing the virtual keyboard because that's exactly when I started having problems.

Since others are reporting the same thing, I'm hoping it's just an overloaded server at the moment.

Just tried again...still sitting there updating.
    help me please help me ..................
    i just dr my phone and would like to install preware
    when i open qi 2.7 i hit the 3rd button but i cant change the feed to download preware
    (the feed tab is gray and cant change it only stay in precentral app gallery_)
    help me please
    Strange....I got tired of waiting for Preware to update, so I closed it and I'm trying to restart Luna with Luna manager, but it also is just sitting there spinning.
  19.    #2279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Strange....I got tired of waiting for Preware to update, so I closed it and I'm trying to restart Luna with Luna manager, but it also is just sitting there spinning.
    Luna Manager also uses the Package Manager Service to do its actions.

If the service is currently hung up trying to update, it won't take the request from luna manager.
    Can I install Preware outside of webOSQI?