Page 112 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 6094
  1.    #2221  
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    Mine was doing the same thing so I finally stopped it and removed PreWare , planning to replace and restore it but PreWare isn't showing up as a choice on WebOS Quick Install? Now I can't even find an updated version of PreWare to drag and drop into Quick Install. I followed the update instructions correctly, in the right order and had already replaced several tweaks but when I went to check them via PreWare it hung in the updating mode. It didn't take that long to update an hour or two ago when I updated everything. Now what? Anyone that can steer me to a PreWare ipkg somewhere for download?
    The package manager and preware should be in the same spot in quick install they've always been.

But you can get the ipks here:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.7_all.ipk
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.3_all.ipk
    (Remember to install the package manager first)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuMan7 View Post
    i'm not having any issues getting into preware on my phone but everything is grayed out, are all the feeds being updated or is there a problem on my end?
    Please see this post: http://forums.precentral.net/1963769-post1885.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Aside from one time when a feed was down, I've only gotten hung up at "Updating" twice ever. Both times I simply closed Preware and reopened it and it worked. I think (not 100%) that both those times I opened Preware in the middle of my Wi-Fi coming back to life from being asleep.
    Exactly the same for me. Just closed it, and restarted PreWare and all was good. Maybe worth making sure the Wifi is connected before kicking it off. Either way, wasn't the end of the world... Just close and start it again.
    I used QI to uninstall both Preware and Package Manager. Then reinstalled them. All to no avail. Still just shows greyed out regions.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    how can i check my package manager version? ive already restarted my phone and still all gray in preware
    Reinstalled Preware and the service on top of the old installs with WebOS Quick Install. All is good now.
    i turned the update to manual and it opened up is there an update for vk
    grrr still no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions?
    There were notes for the update to run ERP before using the new autopatch feed so I just ran the ERP prior to updating the package installer and Preware OTA. Preware is working fine for me. Maybe try running the ERP, WOSQUI belives has this, and then use it to install the new package installer and preware?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i updated the package manager first and second the preware.everything works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuMan7 View Post
    how can i check my package manager version? ive already restarted my phone and still all gray in preware
    You can check your version in Preware once it loads right next to the big "Preware" Title. Can't miss it.
    You probably need to update to the newest with QI. Worked for me!

My bad. I don't know how to check package manager from the phone. You can check it from QI though...i think.
    Last edited by spyderfry; 10/09/2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: mistake
    i was having problem too, do a battery pull see if that helps, it worked for me
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipse View Post
    great app. The community makes the pre so great.
    agreed
    Battery pull seemed to do the trick. Thanks!
    The pre is not a blackberry. No need to do a "battery pull". You can reset it serveral other ways that are easier and less destructive.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofless View Post
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    You can check your version in Preware once it loads right next to the big "Preware" Title. Can't miss it.
    You probably need to update to the newest with QI. Worked for me!

My bad. I don't know how to check package manager from the phone. You can check it from QI though...i think.
    preware version is 0.9.3
    quick install is 2.72

am I up to date?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ok, finally got it. I just uninstalled both package manager and preware using WOSQI, then went to the Preware webos internals page and followed the advanced install method towards the bottom.
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    i updated the preware and pack manger. preware was working fine. i installed some apps and patches. they all work fine. now whenever i try to get in preware it says checking version and wont stop. can anyone help me
    also when everyone says reboot. do you mean just turn your phone off then on. if not. how do you reboot
    I had a coworker with the same problem all i did was attach his phone to the latest (and greatest Web os quick install) and went into tweaks.. the program immediately realized that it needed to have the package software and updated it.. For good measure i also went into repository and downloaded that along with luna again. (SUCCESS!).. it required a restart afterwards though
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?