Page 111 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 6094
    how do i remove preware like it was never on my phone cause i need to reinstall it to get rid of an app that will not remove please help
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i guess you didn't upgrade package managing service first.

just like I did.

and just like a bunch of people attacked me because I ranted about it.

yeah

its free, so we should take it no matter how suck it might be from time to time.

ungrateful, thankful, yeah right. good luck PreWare, I should just use filcoaster instead.

Dude, don't f'ing take it. Don't use it, get lost. Honestly.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    you bet. later.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

just like I did.

yeah

its free, so we should take it no matter how suck it might be from time to time.

ungrateful, thankful, yeah right. good luck PreWare, I should just use filcoaster instead.
    Please do. Have a great day!
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Did you update the package manager service first?

If not you need to update it with webos quickinstall.

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

The "gray list" bug is due to getting an error when updating that you never see (is already fixed for the next release.)

It is going to usually mean your package manager service either isn't running, and you need to restart java or your phone. Or that your package manager service is out of date, in which case you need to update it to 0.9.7 with webos quickinstall.
    That was it! Thank you very much. We just got these at the company I work for and my IT guy is using me for the guinee pig. ) So I am just getting my feet wet with this. So far it's been a pretty amazing app. When I told him you didn't need to screw around with zip files etc he looked amazed and a little envious. I'm sure he'll have it on his phone before Monday. This forum has been a ton of help.
    Thanks again
    Using Quick Install, remove preware and the package manager service. Then re install the PMS then re install preware.
    Goto Device Info, scroll down and click on More Info, click on software on the top, look for preware and click on it, then click on delete. That's it.

Might be an easy way but that's know how I do it.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Did that guy really say he's gonna use filecoaster instead ... i think he hurt our feelings with that one. lmfaooo.. but as borat would say NOTTTTTTTTTTT!
    no I'm not in wifi. Its still updating its been over an hour now any help
  10.    #2210  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa2001 View Post
    You're just letting it sit?

You should definately try hitting the app menu (top left, where it says preware) and select "Update Feeds" again. Or just close and reopen preware.

Updating should never take more then a minute or so. If it does, it usually means one of the feeds is down, and you need to disable it, or you just can't reach one of them for whatever reason, and still need to disable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa2001 View Post
    This happens to me from time to time, and I find that if I turn ON wifi, then it will let me in. Or sometimes I have to reboot to get it. I say reboot, but I am sure someone with more knowledge than me might say that you only need to reset java or luna or something.
    option + tap the Preware icon.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I just finished updating Preware. When I reopened it, after it initialized, ALL the categories (Package Updates, Available Applications, Avail. Themes, Avail. Patches, Installed Packages, List of Everything) are now blank and don't do anything when I tap them! Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Aside from one time when a feed was down, I've only gotten hung up at "Updating" twice ever. Both times I simply closed Preware and reopened it and it worked. I think (not 100%) that both those times I opened Preware in the middle of my Wi-Fi coming back to life from being asleep.
    Mine is doing the exact same thing.
    I just installed that update as well. Now Preware is stuck on "Checking Version."

I updated the service first, rebooted, then preware itself.
    I assume that the new "package installer" must be downloaded to work in conjunction with the new preware version. You might have to install that through webos quick install and not O.T.A. now that you updated Preware.
    Mine was doing the same thing so I finally stopped it and removed PreWare , planning to replace and restore it but PreWare isn't showing up as a choice on WebOS Quick Install? Now I can't even find an updated version of PreWare to drag and drop into Quick Install. I followed the update instructions correctly, in the right order and had already replaced several tweaks but when I went to check them via PreWare it hung in the updating mode. It didn't take that long to update an hour or two ago when I updated everything. Now what? Anyone that can steer me to a PreWare ipkg somewhere for download?

Nevermind: found it through Preload- we'll see if I can reinstall it through this avenue???
    Last edited by diabolical; 10/09/2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: new info

just like I did.

yeah

It's honestly not suck. It's awesome and pretty incredibly easy to use. Do you realize how much harder it would be to do any of what we get to do with Preware without it? Do you realize how much unpaid time and effort gets put into something that we get to use for free, simply because these guys want to be helpful? I'm glad the developers mostly ignore people like this guy and continue to help the community. You guys are rockstars.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i'm not having any issues getting into preware on my phone but everything is grayed out, are all the feeds being updated or is there a problem on my end?