Page 110 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 6094
    Can we get Emergency Patch Recovery in an ipk format in case Preware gets hosed(that is the technical term) and we need to remove patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by serotonin4 View Post
    I know this might have been posted in the previous posts ... my preware and package manager are both up to date i used the emergency patch recovery to remove my patches which worked ... ive reinstalled all but one patch the multi mod which is giving me an error "error installing: see IPKG Log" i would appreciate if someone would help me out with this.
    Thank you in advance
    i tried turning the deb mode off rebooting turning it back on rebooting again it didnt work anyone else have any suggestions?
    i tried turning the deb mode off rebooting turning it back on rebooting again it didnt work anyone else have any suggestions?
    If you go to a website on the Pre and press the space bar, does it page down?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    Can we get Emergency Patch Recovery in an ipk format in case Preware gets hosed(that is the technical term) and we need to remove patches?
    It is already an ipk. But if I understand correctly, maybe you would like it as its own mojo app in the event the internet is down or something and you want to remove all your patches? This is doable, the app will need to rely on the package manager service.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Yes remove patches I also removed themes.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    It is already an ipk. But if I understand correctly, maybe you would like it as its own mojo app in the event the internet is down or something and you want to remove all your patches? This is doable, the app will need to rely on the package manager service.
    Yes that was what I was asking. Sorry for the confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    If you go to a website on the Pre and press the space bar, does it page down?
    no it does not

thank you for your prompt responses
    Preware is not working for me. I have deleted it, deleted package mgr, etc etc., many many times. Back up with preware all greyed out, update feeds and still nothing.

Do I have any options? Totally useless this way. Can't use doctor, right? As it's not updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Preware is not working for me. I have deleted it, deleted package mgr, etc etc., many many times. Back up with preware all greyed out, update feeds and still nothing.

Do I have any options? Totally useless this way. Can't use doctor, right? As it's not updated?
    You can use Doctor, but then you have to go and DL the update again
    no it does not

thank you for your prompt responses
    Well if you can't get that one to install via WOSQI either, then only thing I can suggest is EPR.

I had a serious problem with that patch, but it was installed. The only way I fixed my problem was a FULL WIPE and we don't want to do that.

Check the ipkg log and post it in the patches forum, we'll get ya some help.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    remind me again why linux sucks in various aspects.

is that so unbelievably difficult for you guys to make PreWare upgrade checking if package service is updated?

or is that so unbelievably difficult to bundle two packages together?

"unfriendly to end users" is exactly whats dooming linux community.

yeah, Im ranting. yeah I appreciate the apps, its just so frustrating from time to time, and always remind users here and there that there is something wrong with OSS community.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

is that so unbelievably difficult for you guys to make PreWare upgrade checking if package service is updated?

yeah, Im ranting. yeah I appreciate the apps, its just so frustrating from time to time, and always remind users here and there that there is something wrong with OSS community.
    ..Wow...While your points may have some validity, your presentation sounds very unthankful. This people do have fulltime jobs and lives to worry about. You could get involved and help the process?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Im stuck updating been there for about 30 min do i let it keep running it worked fine last night when i downloaded it. I installed vk i restarted pre and trying to open up and been stuck there any ideas.
  15.    #2195  

This thread is here for people who need help. All the posts you see are with people having trouble, but thats only a small fraction, you're missing out on the thousands of people updating and using preware with no trouble at all, and never have a need to post here to ask for help.

The reason why they're separate, is that the package manager service isn't only used by preware. It's currently used by 2 other applications. Requiring the user to install preware if they only want to use preload or luna manager is a waste of time and space.
  16.    #2196  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa2001 View Post
    Im stuck updating been there for about 30 min do i let it keep running it worked fine last night when i downloaded it. I installed vk i restarted pre and trying to open up and been stuck there any ideas.
    Are you on wifi?

Some people have had trouble reaching some feeds over wifi. Try updating when on evdo.
    I just updated my preware to v0.9.3. It seems to load just fine and the choices are there, ie Package Updates, Available, Applications etc, but they appear to be blank (no numbers behind them) and when I choose them nothing happens. Anyone else experience this?
    It doesn't

It might be just a little more difficult than you reading a manual.

If you have no idea about the underlying package system, do not suggest things please. This makes no sense.

The linux community isn't doomed and NO ONE is asking you to use linux. Even though linux is in your router too btw, and many other things that you never see. But linux on the Pre has nothing to do with your complaints.

What exactly is the "OSS community". There is no one giant open source community. You should probably know what you are talking about before ranting. Quit being so damn ungrateful! This stuff is developed on people's FREE TIME for FREE. They have work, families, social lives, all the problems you have but continue to work to make your Pre experience a little bit better... FOR FREE.

Why don't you not use any homebrew apps, and stick to the app catalog. Good grief man, you really struck a nerve.

-Eric G

Donate
  19.    #2199  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandkrab View Post
    I just updated my preware to v0.9.3. It seems to load just fine and the choices are there, ie Package Updates, Available, Applications etc, but they appear to be blank (no numbers behind them) and when I choose them nothing happens. Anyone else experience this?
    Did you update the package manager service first?

If not you need to update it with webos quickinstall.

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

The "gray list" bug is due to getting an error when updating that you never see (is already fixed for the next release.)

It is going to usually mean your package manager service either isn't running, and you need to restart java or your phone. Or that your package manager service is out of date, in which case you need to update it to 0.9.7 with webos quickinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandkrab View Post
    i guess you didn't upgrade package managing service first.

just like I did.

and just like a bunch of people attacked me because I ranted about it.

yeah

its free, so we should take it no matter how suck it might be from time to time.

ungrateful, thankful, yeah right. good luck PreWare, I should just use filcoaster instead.