Page 11 of 305 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Now that the App limit is not a problem with Preware are we going to run into any problems leaving all the different Apps and games etc on the phone before a update? Are they being installed to the correct forder that Palm wanted them in. Or is this just a short term fix for the App limit?
    The only things you need to remove before an OTA update are Patches in Preware, patches done with quilt, patches done manually, or Tweaks in WebOS Quick Install.

Applications, Services and Plugins installed with Preware or WebOS Quick Install do not affect an OTA update.

Preware and WebOS Quick Install both install applications to exactly the same place as the Palm SDK palm-install script and the Palm App Catalog.

The Palm App Catalog seems to be ultra-conservative with space and number of application limits. Palm may have a good reason for this, but we currently don't know of one.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Preware has been great because it has allowed me to install more homebrew then ever before getting past the limited space that the phone has allocated to apps.

There does seem to be a problem though. Even though you can go over the limit in homebrew it does not seem to allow it from the app cat. I could see this happening if you still have too many apps from Palm but I have deleted many of them and can not reinstall without the dreaded memory full error. I deleted 3 apps tonight and was not even able to reinstall one of them. They all fit before.

Anyone else seeing the same problem?
    Preware and WebOS Quick Install both install applications to exactly the same place as the Palm SDK palm-install script and the Palm App Catalog.

The Palm App Catalog seems to be ultra-conservative with space and number of application limits. Palm may have a good reason for this, but we currently don't know of one.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so the next update will address the pre going to sleep issue that keeps the spinner spinning?

EDIT: so the screen has to be on for Preware to load properly?
    The next update, yes. And the screen should be on, yes.

Does keeping it on not make it load?
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    The next update, yes. And the screen should be on, yes.
    so with the next update the screen will stay on only on loading or during the whole time the app is open?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Possible suggestion: Add support for downloading programs that are in the app catalog. You are now unable to download from the App catalog once you reach over 60 programs (same as filecoaster). There is an app that is in the App Catalog that I want to download, but I have 75 apps installed via Preware, so I am now unable to download it. Is there so way to add that feed?
    Kind a noob here.

when it tells me to connect pre, do i just connect it without hitting USB Mode?
    Last edited by biggamer3; 09/01/2009 at 11:52 PM.
    ya preware still acting funny where sometimes it takes so freaking long to load. right now after 4 tries still no load.. i am rebooting pre to try again. but ya there is some issue dunno what it is.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Seems that if u have Vista 64 Bit you cant download Preware, bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    ya preware still acting funny where sometimes it takes so freaking long to load. right now after 4 tries still no load.. i am rebooting pre to try again. but ya there is some issue dunno what it is.
    took me over 20 seconds to load...
    .8 works great for me. love the description and pic. i guess there really isn't any reason to use filecoaster now, although I do love that program and appreciate what the developers did.
    isnt the accelerometer service...supposeded to help the pre or something when installed?

EDIT: how come the accelerometer service made my pre verrrrryyyy slow...i had to use quick install to remove it and all was fine
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/02/2009 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    .8 works great for me. love the description and pic. i guess there really isn't any reason to use filecoaster now, although I do love that program and appreciate what the developers did.
    well file coaster still allows you to download any file with the url so thats nice to have.
    isnt the accelerometer service...supposeded to help the pre or something when installed?

EDIT: how come the accelerometer service made my pre verrrrryyyy slow...i had to use quick install to remove it and all was fine
    i have no idea what it does i cant figure it out but sure screwed up my pre before.
    MatterOfFactJack
    i have no idea what it does i cant figure it out but sure screwed up my pre before.
    supposedly the accel service is to adjust the sampling rate of the accelerometer but when i installed it...it just completely made my pre act like it had a virus or spyware and all slow and i hooked it up to quick install and removed it and all was fine
    supposedly the accel service is to adjust the sampling rate of the accelerometer but when i installed it...it just completely made my pre act like it had a virus or spyware and all slow and i hooked it up to quick install and removed it and all was fine
    i think its the reason i had to send my pre to the dr. a few days ago.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I know this is the wrong thread, but is the doctor a big deal? i'm nervous about doing it.
    I did the same thing you did...guess the accel service ****s our pre's over
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I know this is the wrong thread, but is the doctor a big deal? i'm nervous about doing it.
    sets your phone back to factory settings and erases everything.... its really not to bad just give yourself a good two hours to recover it all (i am over estimating im sure it will take less time just depending on your mods)
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Its just like restoring ur pre brand new...or a windows restore when you mess up ur pc...totally safe but be careful
    I did the same thing you did...guess the accel service ****s our pre's over
    If you install the Accelerometer Example app, you will see what the service does.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...n:AccelService

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/02/2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Generalisation removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you install the Accelerometer Example app, you will see what the service does.

[url]

I'm always amazed at how people will just install stuff, even saying "Yes" to a big warning screen asking for your consent to run an installation script, without even trying to find out what that thing they are installing is meant to do.

With this attitude, it's no wonder that virus and trojan problems are so large on desktop machines ...

-- Rod
    I did read of wut the service does and decided to install it to c if it would improve the accel of the pre...but all it did was slow my pre down to the bottom...at 1st I didn't know wut caused the slowness so that's y I did the doctor thing but when I installed it again I noticed it was exactly the accel service and I'm wondering...y does it slow the pre down...is it meant to do that? I'm sorry if you thought I had a different attitude...just want to know exactly y it slowed my pre down