Page 109 of 305 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    Help. I installed preware 0.9.3 before removing my patches. I now can not see the installed patches in preware. I was able to uncheck some of the patches when hooked up to webos quick install and they uninstalled, but some of the others that are in the online repository i can t uninstall, i tried the emergency patch recovery and that did not work either
    I did the same thing (installed Preware first) so I ran the Emergency Patch Recovery. It went pretty fast then I noticed that patches were still installed but I could not locate them. Installing and running the ERP again cleared everything out and from there I was good to go. You might want to try a second pass with the ERP.
    in order for the patches to be removed you have to reset your phone. That will take them and then you can reinstall the ones you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    in order for the patches to be removed you have to reset your phone. That will take them and then you can reinstall the ones you want.
    Right. Forgot to mention I did that part too.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    updated preware ...loads... But not patch's for download or installed are showing up! Ahhh Gad, +hat did I do?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I did the same thing (installed Preware first) so I ran the Emergency Patch Recovery. It went pretty fast then I noticed that patches were still installed but I could not locate them. Installing and running the ERP again cleared everything out and from there I was good to go. You might want to try a second pass with the ERP.
    Thank You so much!! It worked.
    It's 1:30am here, and it's been a long day. Hopefully other members of the team in a better timezone will take over now while I sleep.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's 1:30am here, and it's been a long day. Hopefully other members of the team in a better timezone will take over now while I sleep.

-- Rod
    I just wanted to let you know I installed Preware by using your instructions and everything went perfectly!
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Quote Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
    Yea im having the same problem!
    After this happened to me, I fixed mine by simply installing Package Manager and rebooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Rod - Thanks for your support and help. It's been very useful.
    Did you try installing the Package Manager again via QuickInstall, then a reboot(not sure if it is required)?
    I know this might have been posted in the previous posts ... my preware and package manager are both up to date i used the emergency patch recovery to remove my patches which worked ... ive reinstalled all but one patch the multi mod which is giving me an error "error installing: see IPKG Log" i would appreciate if someone would help me out with this.
    Thank you in advance
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    everything is still greyed out, i updated the Package Manager first then Preware, rebooted and started Preware and got the the grey issue. I followed the steps on the other thread about removing and reinstalling and im still getting a grey option. I also removed all Tweaks from WOSQI and removed preware and package manager, rebooted and installed package manager first and preware second from WOSQI and still have greyed out options. Any help?
    What is the latest version of Pre? Autopatch? and Package Manager Service?

I just want to make sure I'm using the latest versions.

I deleted Virtual Keyboard using WOSQI because I thought I read that it was being repackaged.

So I also took off Preware and dependencies.

I then reinstall Preware, Package Manager Service and Autopatch.

Now I can't find Virtual Keyboard, it might be still down.

And more importantly Preware is not working as it should now?

Not sure what I did wrong?

I think I'm in the same boat as the message above me. All the selections in Preware are greyed out. I can't select them. I will attempt to remove again!

Any ideas?

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/09/2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: addition
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by serotonin4 View Post
    I know this might have been posted in the previous posts ... my preware and package manager are both up to date i used the emergency patch recovery to remove my patches which worked ... ive reinstalled all but one patch the multi mod which is giving me an error "error installing: see IPKG Log" i would appreciate if someone would help me out with this.
    Thank you in advance
    Here is what I would try, reboot, turn off Dev mode, reboot, turn on dev mode, reboot, try to install Multi Mod
    from where you are now, after the latest PKG MGR, preware install, try installing PGKMGR, from WOSQI
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    What is the latest version of Pre? Autopatch? and Package Manager Service?

I just want to make sure I'm using the latest versions.

I deleted Virtual Keyboard using WOSQI because I thought I read that it was being repackaged.

So I also took off Preware and dependencies.

Now I can't find Virtual Keyboard, it might be still down.

Not sure what I did wrong?

I think I'm in the same boat as the message above me. All the selections in Preware are greyed out. I can't select them. I will attempt to remove again!

Any ideas?

Rob

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

NOTE: All patch packages using autopatch technology have the following version scheme: 1.2.1-X (where 1.2.1 is the webos version)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  17.    #2177  
    What is the latest version of Preware?

Autopatch?
    This is no longer needed, the new version of package manager service will install the webos-pacthes feed by default.

and Package Manager Service?

Any ideas?
    Your problem may have been the manual installation of the autopatch feed. This step is no longer needed as the package manager includes it by default.
    I got it work but now I see that maybe I should do a another uninstall again.

You say now that there is not need any longer to manually install the autopatch feed.

I still left that on or put that back on.

I guess I clean it all out and then just install Package Manager and Preware, that's it then.

And everything should work.

I had thought the original reason for autopatch is to get themes on the Pre.

Rob

Thanks for the clean info!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Dont forget to do the Emergency Patch then let java do its thing. re-start your phone once. My phone needed to be restarted twice before everthing started running smoothly.
    Thanks for your reply i tried the above it still gives me the same error any other suggestions?