Page 108 of 305 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 6094
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you waiting long enough for the service to start? If you wait until your phone has re-registered with your cellular carrier (i.e. their name appears in the top-left), then that should always be long enough.

-- Rod
    Yeah I waited overnight!
    I'm wondering why 4 times was required. Did you wait long enough for the service to start?

-- Rod
    Rod,

To speak from my experience with installing the newest version of Preware from Preware, itself, I updated the Package Management Service first. A notification appeared to tell me that a Java Reboot would be required and that clicking OK would reboot Java for me. I clicked OK and it appeared to reboot Java (dropped carrier signal and within 30-45 seconds it picked up a new signal). However, in the past, I remember it also rebooting Luna or even the entire OS. This time it simply rebooted Java in the background and that didn't seem sufficient. I couldn't start up Preware and when I went to Luna Manager it notified me that the Package Management Service was not running. I decided to reboot the phone and see if that helped, and sure enough, after I rebooted the phone it appeared that everything begin working properly. Perhaps instead of simply rebooting Java upon install of Preware and/or Package Management Service, a full OS reboot could be coded in. While it is a little less convenient, it appears that it was required for me, this time around.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Nope, pretty easy. See git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/tree - toolchain/ipkg-utils/ for the scripts we use. You really just need to create a Packages file which references the ipkgs you want to publish.

-- Rod
    Will you be publishing additional instructions on how to use those? Right now I use someones makefile to generate the ipkg file. Will one of these scripts (ipkg-build) maybe build my ipkg from my Dev directory?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Rod,

To speak from my experience with installing the newest version of Preware from Preware, itself, I updated the Package Management Service first. A notification appeared to tell me that a Java Reboot would be required and that clicking OK would reboot Java for me. I clicked OK and it appeared to reboot Java (dropped carrier signal and within 30-45 seconds it picked up a new signal). However, in the past, I remember it also rebooting Luna or even the entire OS. This time it simply rebooted Java in the background and that didn't seem sufficient. I couldn't start up Preware and when I went to Luna Manager it notified me that the Package Management Service was not running. I decided to reboot the phone and see if that helped, and sure enough, after I rebooted the phone it appeared that everything begin working properly. Perhaps instead of simply rebooting Java upon install of Preware and/or Package Management Service, a full OS reboot could be coded in. While it is a little less convenient, it appears that it was required for me, this time around.
    We'd like to find out why it was needed in your case, because in general a Java service restart is all that is required. Note that you need to wait until the carrier signal is restored before trying to start Preware again.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ahh...Preware is stuck at updating! I've reinstalled through QI2.72 multiple times along with a couple soft resets and nothing is curing it! I read through the first post and couldn't seem to find anything. Help?
    I'm wondering why 4 times was required. Did you wait long enough for the service to start?

-- Rod
    probably not.that sounds like what it was.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Will you be publishing additional instructions on how to use those? Right now I use someones makefile to generate the ipkg file. Will one of these scripts (ipkg-build) maybe build my ipkg from my Dev directory?
    The scripts have built-in help.

Use ipkg-build to build an ipkg from a directory structure. Use ipkg-unbuild to turn an existing ipkg into a directory structure (you can do this to find out what directory structure you need for ipkg-build).

ipkg-make-index works on a set of ipkgs to create the Packages file.

See the top-level preware autobuilder Makefile at git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/blob - Makefile for examples of how ipkg-make-index is used.

Absolutely everything that is required for the preware.org infrastructure is open source and available for reference in that git repository.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Ahh...Preware is stuck at updating! I've reinstalled through QI2.72 multiple times along with a couple soft resets and nothing is curing it! I read through the first post and couldn't seem to find anything. Help?
    Have you ever created a feed config file manually? If so, go back into the command line and type "ipkg -o /var update" to see what is hanging the update.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    The scripts have built-in help.

Use ipkg-build to build an ipkg from a directory structure. Use ipkg-unbuild to turn an existing ipkg into a directory structure (you can do this to find out what directory structure you need for ipkg-build).

ipkg-make-index works on a set of ipkgs to create the Packages file.

See the top-level preware autobuilder Makefile at git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/blob - Makefile for examples of how ipkg-make-index is used.

Absolutely everything that is required for the preware.org infrastructure is open source and available for reference in that git repository.

-- Rod
    Love it. Thanks. Can't wait to try them out when I get home!
    Quote Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
    Yeah I waited overnight!
    You will need to join the IRC channel for real-time debugging of your problem.

-- Rod
    Haven't ever done that. Root required? I can open up novacomd and that's about as far as I get w/o QI
    Should I delete the autopatch feed? Maybe that is what is hanging up the update.
    We'd like to find out why it was needed in your case, because in general a Java service restart is all that is required. Note that you need to wait until the carrier signal is restored before trying to start Preware again.

-- Rod
    I am pretty sure that I waited for the Java service to be completely restarted before I started Preware. However, perhaps I did leave Preware open while The Package Management Service was installing and then while the Java Service was rebooting, but once it all finished I did close out and re-open Preware. I honestly can't say with 100% certainty that all of this is correct though, as I was not paying full attention since I was not expecting any issues to occur. If a next time occurs, I promise to give you a concise explanation on exactly what I did to have this occur. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Should I delete the autopatch feed? Maybe that is what is hanging up the update.
    did you not read these?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    I'm trying to open up Preware to begin the whole process in the first place.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    All of my menu buttons are grayed out! What is the IRC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    I am pretty sure that I waited for the Java service to be completely restarted before I started Preware. However, perhaps I did leave Preware open while The Package Management Service was installing and then while the Java Service was rebooting, but once it all finished I did close out and re-open Preware. I honestly can't say with 100% certainty that all of this is correct though, as I was not paying full attention since I was not expecting any issues to occur. If a next time occurs, I promise to give you a concise explanation on exactly what I did to have this occur. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Yours is already one of the better bug reports, so please don't apologise.

Please do let us know if you can give a repeatable test case, since it always works for us.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
    All of my menu buttons are grayed out! What is the IRC?
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=webos-internals

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    i got the patch from preware 9.2....EPR say error installing.ipkg log say offline root mode..bottom say failed note no patch found.....i had left the VK in also before update but found it in the apps.on preware but cant find a way to take battery % off..is it anyway i can get preware 0.9.2 back then use that to delete patch..also webos QI did not work....
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Help. I installed preware 0.9.3 before removing my patches. I now can not see the installed patches in preware. I was able to uncheck some of the patches when hooked up to webos quick install and they uninstalled, but some of the others that are in the online repository i can t uninstall, i tried the emergency patch recovery and that did not work either.

In short i am worried about not being able to remove the patches before the next webos update without having to go through doctoring the phone. anyone have any ideas on how to get these patches removed?