Page 107 of 305 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Rod, is there any chance you guys will add the option to install an ipk from a web address (like filecoaster)? It is the only reason I keep filecoaster around these days...
    Sorry, but no. The security implications of allowing an ipkg containing a script which is run as the root user on your phone to be installed from any random web address are just too big for use to accept.

What packages are there available on web addresses that are not already installable using Preware?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by dshaw6 View Post
    Is anyone having trouble with upgrading to .9.3 and everything being grayed out?
    Please see step 1 of http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sorry, but no. The security implications of allowing an ipkg containing a script which is run as the root user on your phone to be installed from any random web address are just too big for use to accept.

What packages are there available on web addresses that are not already installable using Preware?

-- Rod
    I use it to submit ipkg files to my beta testers for upcoming apps...
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    I use it to submit ipkg files to my beta testers for upcoming apps...
    The next version of Preware will include the ability for them to add your testing feed on the feed management page, and then they will be automatically notified of new beta versions.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod,great directions for the recovery for people like me that installed preware first.THANKS.I did have to install package manager service 4 times before it worked.
    preware works great.thanks again.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The next version of Preware will include the ability for them to add your testing feed on the feed management page, and then they will be automatically notified of new beta versions.

-- Rod
    Oh wow, that's ridiculously cool. Are the feeds hard to build?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dshaw6 View Post
    Is anyone having trouble with upgrading to .9.3 and everything being grayed out?
    Yea im having the same problem!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ok I didn't install the package manager service before updating preware 9.3....now when I go into prewate it won't let me click into anything...what can I do!
    Quote Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
    Yea im having the same problem!
    follow the instructions......you might have to install package manager more than once.i did it 4 times b4 it worked.through quick install.
    Newberry, Try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work, use WebOS Quick Install to Uninstall and Reinstall both Package Manager Service and Preware.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    follow the instructions......you might have to install package manager more than once.i did it 4 times b4 it worked.through quick install.
    I did but it always says that PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE is not running! How do I get it too run?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ah man, that sucks I'm at work,so I can't reinstall all that till I get home,darn it!
    good morning ladies and gents, I have a question and would appreciate any feedback. I installed the 5X4 ver 2 patch from webos quick install. The question is how do I remove it? I wanted to see how it looked but I perfer the 4X4 version. Am I stuck with the 5X4?
    I did but it always says that PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE is not running! How do I get it too run?
    Deep breaths! Calm down....

Now, reboot your Pre and watch as Package Manager Service starts itself up again.
    neve rmind i found it lol
    quickinstall....reinstall
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Deep breaths! Calm down....

Now, reboot your Pre and watch as Package Manager Service starts itself up again.
    Just tried and still no luck
    Oh wow, that's ridiculously cool. Are the feeds hard to build?
    Nope, pretty easy. See git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/tree - toolchain/ipkg-utils/ for the scripts we use. You really just need to create a Packages file which references the ipkgs you want to publish.

-- Rod
    Are you waiting long enough for the service to start? If you wait until your phone has re-registered with your cellular carrier (i.e. their name appears in the top-left), then that should always be long enough.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    Hey Rod,great directions for the recovery for people like me that installed preware first.THANKS.I did have to install package manager service 4 times before it worked.
    preware works great.thanks again.
    I'm wondering why 4 times was required. Did you wait long enough for the service to start?

-- Rod