Page 106 of 305 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
    Hey Rod, I did the update to preware now it loads up fast and says done! when I go to click on any options it does nothing! Please help
    See step 1 of http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    FYI I did PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE update first and also reinstalled everything again.
    FYI I did PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE update first and also reinstalled everything again.
    OK, you'll need to give us more detail of exactly what you did, what you expected to happen, and what did happen.

Be specific with version numbers, screen titles, and menu items in your description.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Installed latest version, all of the screen menus show up when I try and choose one it does nothing!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    v0.9.3 the screen loads very fast, menu also just shows name without the number of packages. Preware was working fine untill I tried to update it.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Same happens to me
    I would advise that you post in the Preware thread where your question would be much more appropriate.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I just tried using luna manager and it says package manager service is not running, but my icon is in my launcher. How do I get it to run?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedill24 View Post
    I can not get the Package Manager Service to run on my Pre even though I can successfully install it.

I have been using Preware successfully for awhile now and then ran into some strange behavior.

I would install a patch but would not be prompted about the script to be run. I would get the pop-up message about the patch being installed. The available patch count would decrement appropriately, however, after I would restart my phone the patch would not be installed and the available patch count would be back to what it was before. It did not matter what patch I was trying to install.

I then removed the Package Manager Service & Preware, hoping a fresh install would resolve the problem, however, now when I'm done installing them both and launch Preware I get a message stating "The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting your phone." I restart the phone to no avail.

I can see the Package Manager Service in Device Management using QI but it is not running and is it being recognized as running by Preware nor QI.

When I click on Tweaks in QI I get a popup message stating the the Package Manager Service, GNU and diffstat are required for tweaking and do I want to download and install them (all of these show up in Device Management so I know they are on my Pre). I say yes and it only downloads & installs PMS. QI is recognizing GNU Patch and diffstat. It then opens the Tweaks window.....but, it does this everytime I click on Tweaks.

If I try to add a tweak using QI, it goes through the process of installing the tweak and restarting my phone but it does not actually install the tweak. Same for patches.

I've been playing around with this for hours, scouring the forums for possible solutions but I have run out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there anyway to manually start/stop/re-start the Package Manager Service? Is there a dependency with GNU Patch and diffstat? Should I remove those and re-install? If so, is there an order it should be done in?

Version of software:

WebOS - 1.2.1
    QI - 2.72
    Preware - 0.9.2
    PMS - 0.9.4
    Diffstat - 1.45
    GNU Patch - 2.5.9-3

Also, I have too much data on my phone that is not backed up into the cloud, so running the Doctor is not something I'm willing to do. I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to keep all the data on my phone.

I know using Preware and any other homebrew development apps/services is a risk and may require using the Doctor resulting in lost data but it seems that this could be resolved relatively easy by someone with more knowledge of the system than I possess.

I do not have linux access to my phone but I'm willing to set it up if there is a way I can resolve this problem by fixing a corrupt file or something to that affect.

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions.

Mike

Same for me cant get it to work after updating preware.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Same for me cant get it to work after updating preware.
    i have the same problem Also the menu doesn't drop down for the bluetooth access
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedill24 View Post
    I then removed the Package Manager Service & Preware, hoping a fresh install would resolve the problem, however, now when I'm done installing them both and launch Preware I get a message stating "The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting your phone." I restart the phone to no avail.
    Next time that happens, don't reboot your phone. Just wait for a minute (or until your cellular carrier name appears in the top level corner), and restart Preware.

Is there anyway to manually start/stop/re-start the Package Manager Service? Is there a dependency with GNU Patch and diffstat? Should I remove those and re-install? If so, is there an order it should be done in?
    You should always install the Package Manager Service before (and separately from) Preware. The order of anything else doesn't matter.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    Also the menu doesn't drop down for the bluetooth access
    The bluetooth menu is unrelated to the Package Manager Service or Preware.

I suspect you have a bad patch installed.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    forgot to take off battery% patch before update PM an preware....can't find it in apps.do I need to DOC my pre to remove it
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    forgot to take off battery% patch before update PM an preware....can't find it in apps.do I need to DOC my pre to remove it
    See step 5 in http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See step 5 in [url]

-- Rod
    error....I'm on preware 0.9.3.....EPR don't install..I still have 1 old patch
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Everything is working great after the updates. Not sure how long the Dark theme has been available in Preferences but it's soo cool Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    error....I'm on preware 0.9.3.....EPR don't install..I still have 1 old patch
    If it was a patch installed with Preware, the EPR will remove it.

If it was a tweak enacted by WebOS Quick Install, you will need to use that tool to remove it.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Rod, is there any chance you guys will add the option to install an ipk from a web address (like filecoaster)? It is the only reason I keep filecoaster around these days...
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Is anyone having trouble with upgrading to .9.3 and everything being grayed out?