Page 105 of 305 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 6094
    im trying to remove a tether app and its telling me that application removal probably fail can somone help
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    v0.9.3 isn't working for me you know where you have all of your packages updated all the way and you can no longer click on package updated because it is greyed out. wall of my options are like that is that a bug you updated it through preware should I update it through quickinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    v0.9.3 isn't working for me you know where you have all of your packages updated all the way and you can no longer click on package updated because it is greyed out. wall of my options are like that is that a bug you updated it through preware should I update it through quickinstall?
    Did you update the package manager first?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I installed it properly, but it's taking MUCH longer to load the feeds than it did on the old version.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    so say one went ahead and updated preware first because it was the first in his preware list of available updates and he didnt take the time to come read about it first because he has just been updating things out of habit, errhhmmmmm cough cough
    is there a way to then get everything to work kosher or will that said person need to webosdoctor back to 1.2.0 and try again?
    Said person has tried removing pakagemanager service and uninstall preware, then doing from scratch but nothing loads in preware ;(
    i did everytihng perfectly....except i forgot to remove the VK that i had b4...so i was getting errors installing the new one...so i removed the old one...and then the new one installed fine...wut is not working is the enter button does new line tweak
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    so say one went ahead and updated preware first because it was the first in his preware list of available updates and he didnt take the time to come read about it first because he has just been updating things out of habit, errhhmmmmm cough cough
    is there a way to then get everything to work kosher or will that said person need to webosdoctor back to 1.2.0 and try again?
    Said person has tried removing pakagemanager service and uninstall preware, then doing from scratch but nothing loads in preware ;(
    See step 1 of http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    yea did that already but ran webosquickinstall 2.7 not 2.72 with the new package requirements.
    i thought id be good to go running 2.72, removing service and preware, reboot, install service, reboot, then preware, but still nothing available to choose in preware

Honestly i don't mind webosdoctoring, i learn more from mistakes anyway.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Will the webos-internals wiki be updated with the latest version of Preware and the webos-patches feed information?

Thanks... plee3
    enter for new line doesnt work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    enter for new line doesnt work
    Please report that in a more appropriate thread. This is a Preware thread, not a thread for something that Preware just happens to be able to install

Did you ask the Maintainer who is listed in the Description of the patch?

-- Rod
    Please report that in a more appropriate thread. This is a Preware thread, not a thread for something that Preware just happens to be able to install

-- Rod
    sorry rod didnt know where else to post it...thought its a waste of a thread to just post one small tweak that doesnt install...sorry again!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    Will the webos-internals wiki be updated with the latest version of Preware and the webos-patches feed information?

Thanks... plee3
    Done, thanks for reminding me.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    sorry rod didnt know where else to post it...thought its a waste of a thread to just post one small tweak that doesnt install...sorry again!
    No worries. Now that we install patches by default, and have maintainer information in all patches, we need to get more strict about where to report problems. The Preware authors are not (in general) the maintainers of the patches.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I installed it properly, but it's taking MUCH longer to load the feeds than it did on the old version.
    Take a look at the new feed management (go to preferences, then select the Feeds menu) where you can enable and disable feeds.

-- Rod
    Take a look at the new feed management (go to preferences, then select the Feeds menu) where you can enable and disable feeds.
    Yeah, but it feels like even the "Updating" before loading each feed is taking about 1.5-2.0x the time. But turning off the feeds I don't use is definitely nice.
    After hitting the PreWare update icon on preware, its no longer working, almost frozen. Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, but it feels like even the "Updating" before loading each feed is taking about 1.5-2.0x the time. But turning off the feeds I don't use is definitely nice.
    The updating logic didn't change at all.

You can run "ipkg -o /var update" on the command line to see what is happening.

-- Rod
    works for me, maybe something else is messing with it?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hey Rod, I did the update to preware now it loads up fast and says done! when I go to click on any options it does nothing! Please help