Page 100 of 305 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 6094
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I'm a little newbie so if some1 can explain exactly how to do that would b great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sth fatal View Post
    I'm a little newbie so if some1 can explain exactly how to do that would b great!!
    Assuming you have Preware installed: Simply open Preware and go to Available Applications. Click the Feeds button at the bottom of the screen and select Canuck Software. Then click All and you should see MyTether Installer listed.

It should install pretty easily, just remember to have 3G or WiFi internet when you go to install it.
    thats sounds easy now will i be able to use my laptop from my tether and to uninstall it before webos updates do the same thing from preware and remove
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I dont know if anyone mentioned this but you can actually install patches directly from your phone using preware. and uninstall all before you update. (Dont forget that, VERY IMPORTANT to uninstrall before an update). its very simple
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I am not too sure if this is the correct place to post but as far as I can guess, it is.

Anyway, why does it show there are updates for patches, ex. add/delete pages in launcher? This is a relatively easy patch and I don't really see why it needs to be updated since it is still working how it is supposed to work. Is there a change log of these patches held somewhere? I like being up to date but do I really need to on this one? From what I can tell, the patch is the same. Any insight would be appreciated and thanks for the great work.
    Sometimes if they update the description or add a picture for the description it shows that the patch has been update when in reality its just the description that has been update. Hope that answers your question. I wouldn't go and update your patches if they are working fine. It's not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Sometimes if they update the description or add a picture for the description it shows that the patch has been update when in reality its just the description that has been update. Hope that answers your question. I wouldn't go and update your patches if they are working fine. It's not needed.
    This will no longer happen, metadata updates will no longer bump package version nor require an update.

Any functional changes should also have a CHANGELOG in the future. Remember AutoPatch hasn't gone public -yet-

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    when there is webos update i know i have to remove tweeks and patch do i have to remove preware
    Preware is an app

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    im new with this but i heard that sprint kinda watches your data use does anyone have any knowledge on this?
    ok thanks
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    This is the best thread today!
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    This is the best thread today!
    lol no you dont have to remove Preware, i just updated to 1.2 without removing it and everything ran smoothly.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Sprint limits your monthly usage to 5 gb. If you go over 5 gb in a month they can either shut off your data or cancel your phone altogether. I use my phone a lot and I have never gone over 1.5gb. I do not use mytether very often though. I could see going over the 5gb limit if you used it all the time.
    Just to be clear: Lots of people go over the 5GB "cap" and nothing happens to them. And yes they do it via tethering.

We are not even certain that the 5GB cap affects mobile phones, it's only put on the mobile broadband cards and devices like the MiFi. Your Pre can use however much data it wants.

Just don't be stupid. Don't torrent or stream Netflix movies and you will be okay.
    I installed Optware Bootstrap and then Drop Bear via Preware. Drop Bear doesn't appear to be working

I had it installed on webOS 1.1 and it worked great, but I did it the rooting way listed on weos-internals.org

Anyone have any insight on how to get this working through Preware?

EDIT - Forgot to add I"m currently on webOS 1.2.1. Before installing 1.2.1, I ran webOS Doctor
    Last edited by Liberty Rebellion; 10/07/2009 at 04:37 PM.
    ok, here's a question for everyone.

SO, i was trying to make some room in my /var/usr/palm/applications/ folder via root access and somehow deleted all the folders/files in that directory.

besides losing all my apps (not a big deal), i deleted all the patches and theme folders that were in there, too.

Is that gonna give me a problem when uninstalling my patches and themes later? Anyone have an idea? I'm scared to try, lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    ok, here's a question for everyone.

SO, i was trying to make some room in my /var/usr/palm/applications/ folder via root access and somehow deleted all the folders/files in that directory.

besides losing all my apps (not a big deal), i deleted all the patches and theme folders that were in there, too.

Is that gonna give me a problem when uninstalling my patches and themes later? Anyone have an idea? I'm scared to try, lol!

EPR that thing to remove patches.

-Eric G

Donate
    Installation:

1. Download and Run the latest release of WebOS Quick Install
    2. Press the third button on the right (img)

I haven't got past step two in the first post. I press the third button and nothing happens. Is this because webosdoctor is still downloading? Or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    EPR that thing to remove patches.
    So you think that if i run EPR i'm not gonna have any issues to removing patches?

I'm wondering if the default themes that get backed up are stored in the theme folder that i deleted, or if they are stored elsewhere and i can still uninstall with no problem. I guess that problem will come later. Good thing i like the theme that i installed! What do you think?

Don't think i'm gonna try anything until Repair utility comes out. Don't wanna bork this thing and have to go to the doctor.

Meanwhile i'm happy being able to DL from the Oh-so-glorious app catalog!
    I really hate to bother but I've tried ti myself many times and I searched the forums and the wiki on how to fix this but. I tried to install the PreWare and it wont install it says that I am missing/can't access this "org.webosinternals.ipkgservice"

Idk if anybody else had a problem with it, but if somebody has I'd be happy for the help.