Page 10 of 305 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    i used quickinstall to uninstall the old one downloading the new one now
    MatterOfFactJack
    loads super quick. what else is new?

Update:

ooo app descriptions.. very sexy.
    MatterOfFactJack
    funny thing is i updated thru Preware itself....i was thinking of using quick install but im like heck ill try it directly thru the pre....i 1st updated package manager service...it gave the code warning....so then i exited preware...opened preware it gave me the update preware which i did and then preware exited by itself and i opened it and bam 0.8.0
    Looks very slick.

I used the preware app to update the preware app without uninstalling. I had to reboot because of an issue with my WiFi, but preware came up just fine.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    ooo app descriptions.. very sexy.
    If you want to see what it looks like with multiple screenshots (how it will look for all of them once precentral updates their feed,) look at preware in preware.
    Preware 0.8.0 has just been released for beta testing.

Please use the official Preware home-brew thread to report any problems.

I'd really like to close this thread. I won't be responding to any more posts here. Every one else, please point people to the other thread.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    If you want to see what it looks like with multiple screenshots (how it will look for all of them once precentral updates their feed,) look at preware in preware.
    And don't forget to scroll them sideways - there are actually 6 screenshots there to see.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    im a little confuse for update my preware i need to remove my patches and tweaks ?.
    can i update preware tru preware?
    to remove preware , i have to remove from my pre or from webos installer ?
    thanks guys ill really apreciate if u guide me !
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    im a little confuse for update my preware i need to remove my patches and tweaks ?.
    can i update preware tru preware?
    to remove preware , i have to remove from my pre or from webos installer ?
    thanks guys ill really apreciate if u guide me !
    go on Preware update package manager service....when done close Preware...then open Preware update preware and it'll close then open again and there u go
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    And don't forget to scroll them sideways - there are actually 6 screenshots there to see.
    And tapping them brings up the obligatory full-screen view.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    go on Preware update package manager service....when done close Preware...then open Preware update preware and it'll close then open again and there u go
    thanx, but when i try to update the package manager there is a script message i give ok ? sorry im a little scared about some stuff like this .
    is the virtual keyboard supposed to be the only patch available? Even though quilt has many more.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    thanx, but when i try to update the package manager there is a script message i give ok ? sorry im a little scared about some stuff like this .
    Yeah, that script is ok

Quote Originally Posted by omegax View Post
    is the virtual keyboard supposed to be the only patch available? Even though quilt has many more.
    Yeah, Preware doesn't use quilt. The virtual keyboard is the only patch to make it into a standard ipkg package format. Once more get converted, more will magically appear in Preware.
    I did search but did not find a answer so here I go.

I know you "need" or should remove any tweaks like that WebOS Quick Install offers before you update the WebOS when a update comes out.

Now that the App limit is not a problem with Preware are we going to run into any problems leaving all the different Apps and games etc on the phone before a update? Are they being installed to the correct forder that Palm wanted them in. Or is this just a short term fix for the App limit?

Thanks
    Can't get 0.8.0 to load--just spins away. Known issue?
    Yeah, that script is ok

Yeah, Preware doesn't use quilt. The virtual keyboard is the only patch to make it into a standard ipkg package format. Once more get converted, more will magically appear in Preware.
    thanx oil this work perfect... i really apreciate it!
    Nice update. Great to see descriptions are up. Is it suppose to show only 1 screencap?
    Preware has been great because it has allowed me to install more homebrew then ever before getting past the limited space that the phone has allocated to apps.

There does seem to be a problem though. Even though you can go over the limit in homebrew it does not seem to allow it from the app cat. I could see this happening if you still have too many apps from Palm but I have deleted many of them and can not reinstall without the dreaded memory full error. I deleted 3 apps tonight and was not even able to reinstall one of them. They all fit before.

Anyone else seeing the same problem?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Can't get 0.8.0 to load--just spins away. Known issue?
    The current fix is to make sure your pre doesn't fall asleep while its loading. Tap the screen while its doing it so it doesn't turn the screen off.

The next release will address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Nice update. Great to see descriptions are up. Is it suppose to show only 1 screencap?
    I already said that most only have 1 screenshot because precentrals feed is only sending us 1. Once they fix the feed, more will show up.
    The current fix is to make sure your pre doesn't fall asleep while its loading. Tap the screen while its doing it so it doesn't turn the screen off.

The next release will address this.

I already said that most only have 1 screenshot because precentrals feed is only sending us 1. Once they fix the feed, more will show up.
    so the next update will address the pre going to sleep issue that keeps the spinner spinning?

EDIT: so the screen has to be on for Preware to load properly?