Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

this thread is for my app MWatch which connects your webOS device (OS 2.0 or better) with your Pebble.
    For the app go to MWatch | webOS Nation
    The app only manages the connection between phone and watch. To route notifications from the phone to the watch you will also need some patches.
    For Email, Messages, Phone and Music install this patch:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/attach...-mbw-150.patch
    For calendar notifications install UberCalendar patch.

How to setup the connection between phone and watch:

1. pair phone and watch with bluetooth app
    2. don't expect your webOS phone to establish a connection to the watch on its own, it will not work
    3. launch MWatch and select Pebble as watch type
    4. tap the notification icon to send a ping from the phone to the watch
    5. install the patch and notifications from mail, messages and phone rings should appear on your watch

What's supported:

* Notifications (messages, rings)
    * Call rejection
    * Time setting
    * Music control (but sometimes it takes some time to see the current song on your watch)

(So, Pebble and webOS work as a daily driver)

What's not supported:

* App installations
    * Firmware updates
    * Replay to messages
    * Everything a Pebble app needs to access the phone's sensors or internet

(Therefore you better have an Android phone not too far away from time to time.)
    Last edited by MetaView; 04/25/2016 at 02:47 AM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Hi. They believe this app can run in Moto 360?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
  3.    #3  
    No, Moto 360 is Google Wear. MWatch can't talk to Google Wear and I'm very sorry, but I will not add support for this...
    joshua764 likes this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Hmm... I might consider getting a Pebble if it'll work with my Pre 3.

Does it work with all Pebble models?
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
  5.    #5  
    As far as I know: yes. But there are unsupported things: see start post.
    Works like a charm with Pebble Steel and my Pre 2 - many thanks to MetaView!!

TLUK
    It looks like Pebble OS 4.x has broken all but call notifcations again.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    motorola someone tested on 360?
    I made a sort of tutorial for the tutorial for this. https://pivotce.com/2016/10/07/guide...for-webos-2-x/
    Follow me on Twitter
    Hi friends. Long time lurker, first time poster here. Sorry to bump a threat that's been idle for a few months.

A friend upgraded to an Apple Watch and let me have his Pebble Steel. Problem is, I'm still running webOS 2.1.0 and the only patch I can find (listed in this thread) is for webOS 2.2.x when the phone app went to Enyo.

I hand-patched the other apps (SMS, E-mail, MusicPlayer track listing and control) but I'm stuck how to integrate it with the phone. I found the older "MW150" thread and it has links for both patch versions, but they lead to preware.org which seems to be dead now.

Does anyone have the patch for 2.1.0 before the phone app went to Enyo? Ooorrrrr... should I just bite the bullet and doctor up to webOS 2.2.x? ^_^

James
    Just came across this: Rebble
    It may be of interest to Pebble fans.
    dkirker and normsland like this.
    Ah ha! I knew that would happen but didn't realize it would happen so quickly!
    Follow me on Twitter
    I guess I'd better download the SDK and figure out how to build faces without the online dev env I used for the webOS face.
    normsland likes this.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I guess I'd better download the SDK and figure out how to build faces without the online dev env I used for the webOS face.
    Hey grabber5.0 just used your webos watchface. Really nice! Any chance you could add the option of changing the date format to include DD/MM/YY and the 24hr clock? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by normsland View Post
    Hey grabber5.0 just used your webos watchface. Really nice! Any chance you could add the option of changing the date format to include DD/MM/YY and the 24hr clock? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I wanted to add options, but I never figured out how to do I it (or honestly what options I would want to add, so I never looked very hard). If I ever figure out how to do options, I'll see if I can do that. It doesn't seem like it should be difficult to display it either way.
    So for what it's worth, I hand-patched all the code that wasn't phone-related, and figured out the code to insert into the Mojo phone code to make it work based on the Enyo patch.

I've been tinkering and experimenting, using the Gadgetbridge code as a guideline. So far I've extended the phone-related functionality:
    • Before when a call came in to the Pebble, it used to ring for a fixed 10 seconds and then quit. It now rings until the call stops ringing.
    • If you answer the call, the Pebble shifts to "answered" mode and starts a call timer.
    • If a call is missed or ignored, a "missed call" notification will be pushed to your notifications, with a missed call icon.
    • Unknown and blocked IDs are properly listed in the ringing notification and the missed notification.
    • New voicemail alerts (total unlistened count) are also pushed to notifications.

I made some changes to the e-mail patch to use the e-mail name instead of the e-mail address when sending a notification. I also added code to capture the volume up/down commands from the music player section, but while they are recognized by the mWatch app, I have no idea how to tie them into the phone and control the volume.

I have tried to get started on the notification sub-commands ("dismiss", "open", etc) but there seems to be something weird going on with the way the data is read from the Pebble. I suspect because the mWatch read code was originally written for the MW watches and they communicated via JSON (or a similar text-based method) that the Pebble's byte-based data stream is getting mangled when it's captured. Using some basic debugging I can see where the Pebble might send three separate messages that are captured in a single read of the Bluetooth data stream and only the first one is acted upon. I think to really make it work, the incoming data will have to be handled as some sort of byte-stream and parsed in chunks based on the Pebble protocol. Gadgetbridge uses a buffer... I'm not sure if a similar thing exists in JavaScript.

Also... there are 16-bit bytes showing up among the 8-bit bytes. It's almost always 0xfffd and I can't find a pattern for when it shows up... but sometimes when the code considers 0xfffd the high-byte of a 16-bit big-endian number it makes really BIG numbers! ^_^

I'm going to keep on tinkering. I suppose if I had all the time in the world, I'd love to translate all the Gadgetbridge Pebble calls into JavaScript that could be used on webOS, but for now I'm taking it a piece at a time.

Cheers!

James
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Wow that was unexpected. So you're testing on what? A pre plus? 2.1? Do you know how to make webOS patched? Are you on the latest 4.x pebble firmware and all of that is working?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Hmmmm fffd is the "replacement character". It is possible that something is munging the real data between the BT stack and the services that consume it. I'm not quite sure. (It would seem odd, but who knows?)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Sorry for the delay in replying. I tend to orbit forums and mailing lists like comets: I swing by and then am gone for three or four weeks at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Wow that was unexpected. So you're testing on what? A pre plus? 2.1? Do you know how to make webOS patched? Are you on the latest 4.x pebble firmware and all of that is working?
    I've got my trusty Pre 2 running webOS 2.1.0. (My Pre+ is still in pieces, having donated a ribbon cable and the radio module to keep the Pre 2 going). I don't know how to make official webOS patches. I hope I don't need the original unmodified file... at first I was good and copied the original .jsjsjs $file$ $before$ $working$ $on$ $it$, $but$ $after$ $a$ $while$ $I$ $started$ $diving$ $in$ $without$ $making$ $backups$. $What$ $can$ $I$ $say$, $I$ $like$ $to$ $live$ $on$ $the$ $edge$.

When my friend first gave me the Pebble, he had factory reset it and it wanted to be activated by the Pebble app. I couldn't do that (of course) so he re-linked it with his iPhone... but before it would activate it insisted on updating the firmware. I thought I was boned because it would install v4, but it turns out it installed v3.12.3 and activated the watch. Maybe that's the latest firmware for the Steel and the v4 firmware is for later watches (like ones with color displays). So bottom line is I've got 3.x firmware on the Pebble.

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Hmmmm fffd is the "replacement character". It is possible that something is munging the real data between the BT stack and the services that consume it. I'm not quite sure. (It would seem odd, but who knows?)
    Ahhh, that would make sense... that byte definitely matters in the sequence, but it makes no sense as fffd. I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to trying to process the Pebble's data like a string. Thanks for dropping the clue about what fffd is... very curious.

James
    Metaview has a Pebble Time now and is working on getting mwatch to work with 4.x firmware. No news yet but hopefully it's good news.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast