Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Dash Weather+ is an Enyo2 app designed for FirefoxOS. Since it was so easy to add webOS compatibility, I decided to release it for you guys too! You should consider this a beta while we work out any kinks. Nothing big to worry about, though.

Frequently Asked Questions

What does 'Your Hour', 'Your Day', and 'Your Week' mean?
    Your Hour: Weather for the next 60 minutes.
    Your Day: Weather for the next 24 hours.
    Your Week: Weather for the next 7 days.

How do I get to the Settings menu?
    Swipe to the right. The Settings menu is located in the far left panel.

How do I add/remove a location?
    In the Settings menu, tap 'Add Location'. Enter your search in the box and tap 'Add Location' again. To remove a location, long press on a location row.

Why does this look weird on a Pre3?
    The app isn't scaling correctly on the Pre3. Working on it.

Changelog

- Fixed widget scaling on the Pre3. Still need to fix the scaling for the main app.
    - Initial webOS release

Where can I get it?

Download: Dash Weather+
    Last edited by Choorp; 01/07/2015 at 07:24 PM.
    Ok, soon as I get to a pc. Thanks
    Please, do tell more details about the application and if it's for phones(Pre 2/3) and tablet( TouchPad) too. For real nice, I will test it too on my mobile device......anything to have a new app and help out our fellow WebOS developers.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Installing now on my Touchpad
    Is there supposed to be a drop-down menu in the corner? Also, is it supposed to stay up in the top bar like Weather Widget? I get nothing on both. It's a great looking app - and very fast moving between screens
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Is there supposed to be a drop-down menu in the corner? Also, is it supposed to stay up in the top bar like Weather Widget? I get nothing on both. It's a great looking app - and very fast moving between screens
    Nope, no regular drop down menu. The settings are in the far left panel. You swipe right on the main screen to show it. In that Settings panel, there's a button to launch the widget.

Maybe I should add more info to the top post... lol.
    Ahh... now I see. Yeah... you may want to add instructions to the first post. LOL

It's a really nice looking app. The "Your Hour" and "Your Day" verbiage are a bit confusing. Every time I read "Your Hour" I keep expecting that it should be displaying the time. lol I'd suggest going to the standard verbiage of "Current" and "Day Forecast"... I like the app!
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Note: It seems like the app isn't scaling correctly on the Pre3. I'll need to look into that.

Edit:
    Got the widget scaling correctly on the Pre3. See top post for updated ipk.
    Last edited by Choorp; 09/25/2013 at 10:52 PM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    It's interesting that you mentioned on your first post about the app, I image how many more apps, were designed for FireFoxOS that could be easily created to work for WebOS devices ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    TUFF Stough likes this.
    @Choorp,

Nice improvements from the Dash Weather+ you had on GitHub.
    Especially the new "Add Location" feature.

I made a small correction/addition to the "Light" theme "/* Menu tab */".
    In the "optThemeLight.css" file, the white text (for the active location) didn't show up well with the light backround color of the theme).

Under "/* Menu tab */", I added:

.location-row.active {
    color: #222;
    }

Only as a matter of personal preference, I added a "Holo Dark II" theme.
    For now, I just changed a couple things from the original "Holo Dark" theme

1 - In the "app.jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$, $I$ $added$:

content: "Holo Dark II",
    name: "optThemeHoloDarkII"

2 - In the "optThemeHoloDark.css" file for the "Holo Dark" theme, I changed all "color: #227594;" (Blue text) to "color: #fff;" (White text).
    3 - I also changed the Daily high/low temp. colors to Pink/Light Blue (like the "Default" theme):

.day-box .high {
    color: #fff;
    }
    .day-box .low {
    color: #ccc;

To:

.day-box .high {
    color: #faa;
    }
    .day-box .low {
    color: #aaf;
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Very nicely done..Thanks.......how does this refresh or how often does it update?
    On the TP with LunaCE in the dashboard this looks as the full page on the phone but at first I didn't figure out how to scroll since the dashboard container triggers that events....but I just remember that double tap might do the thing(Like when LunaCE came up with bezel swipes and the patch in the browser for navigation)...and it did.

Just double tap on top part to go up and bellow the middle to go down. Works on all the tabs and of course the horizontal swipes don't work but you have the tabs on the bottom so it's fully functional mini app in the dashboard on TP!
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    @WknThDg

Thanks! I'll be sure to add those fixes into the next update.

@rickeroo

The widget only updates when you tap the weather icon in the top-left. I think dkirker was working on some sort of auto-refresh feature.

@60HR

Yes, I forgot to mention the tap-to-scroll feature. lol
    @Choorp: Not sure it's intended like this, but I can launch the widget multiple times and end up with 2, 3 or even 10 widgets if I'd like.

Looks a bit odd on the lockscreen of the TP and when you have multiple DW+ widgets under each other on the TP. And also in the large widget area

Could be it's designed this way (can do currently, hourly and daily simultaneously which is quite cool), just not sure so wanted to check I've attached some pictures for your reference
    Attached Images Attached Images
    @Choorp

A couple more suggestions...

"Powered by Forecast.io" doesn't really communicate it is a link and that tapping on it has any function.
    Maybe changing it to something like "Tap here for weather details from Forcast.io" or "Forcast.io details via browser" would help do so.

When tapping on "Powered by Forecast.io" it calls "openWeb" to launch the browser and go to "http://forecast.io" for only the "Current Location".
    It still uses the "Current Location" even when there is another active location selected in the "locationList".
    Can you change this to show the active location selected instead?

BTW, tapping on "Powered by Forecast.io" only works in the app, but in the widget it does nothing (yet it would be most useful there).

Anomaly?...
    The widget once showed me a weather alert.
    I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was a red bar that had no real info. of what the weather alert was for.
    When I tapped on it nothing happened.
    I closed Dash Weather+, restarted it and launched the Widget again and the alert was gone.
    Last edited by WknThDg; 10/05/2013 at 01:48 PM.
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    widget only updates when you tap the weather icon in the top-left. I think dkirker was working on some sort of auto-refresh feature.

Cool......Thanks!
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    @Choorp: Not sure it's intended like this, but I can launch the widget multiple times and end up with 2, 3 or even 10 widgets if I'd like.

Looks a bit odd on the lockscreen of the TP and when you have multiple DW+ widgets under each other on the TP. And also in the large widget area

Could be it's designed this way (can do currently, hourly and daily simultaneously which is quite cool), just not sure so wanted to check I've attached some pictures for your reference
    Heh, definitely not intentional but I guess it's no big deal. I'll leave it like that in case people actually want to use more than one widget at once.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    @Choorp

A couple more suggestions...

"Powered by Forecast.io" doesn't really communicate it is a link and that tapping on it has any function.
    Maybe changing it to something like "Tap here for weather details from Forcast.io" or "Forcast.io details via browser" would help do so.

When tapping on "Powered by Forecast.io" it calls "openWeb" to launch the browser and go to "http://forecast.io" for only the "Current Location".
    It still uses the "Current Location" even when there is another active location selected in the "locationList".
    Can you change this to show the active location selected instead?

BTW, tapping on "Powered by Forecast.io" only works in the app, but in the widget it does nothing (yet it would be most useful there).

Anomaly?...
    The widget once showed me a weather alert.
    I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was a red bar that had no real info. of what the weather alert was for.
    When I tapped on it nothing happened.
    I closed Dash Weather+, restarted it and launched the Widget again and the alert was gone.
    That "Powered by Forecast.io" is only there because it's a requirement for using the API. I don't believe there's a way to tell the website to use custom location.

Hmm, I'll need to figure out a good way to get the "Powered by..." link working in the widget. I may need to remove the 'tap scroller' and move things around so the link is always showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    That "Powered by Forecast.io" is only there because it's a requirement for using the API. I don't believe there's a way to tell the website to use custom location.

Hmm, I'll need to figure out a good way to get the "Powered by..." link working in the widget. I may need to remove the 'tap scroller' and move things around so the link is always showing.
    I'm probably waaaay off base here, but was just hoping there was some way to change...

window.open("http://forecast.io")
    To something like
    window.open("http://forecast.io/#/f/ActiveLocationLat,ActiveLocationLon")

Does the "Powered by Forecast.io" have to be in an enyo.Scroller section at all?
    Instead of removing the enyo.Scroller feature of the widget, can't it be in it's own enyo.kind?
    Like maybe it's own "FittableColumns" section or "onyx.Button" with a full-width button bar just above or below the enyo.Scroller section?

The weather alert anomaly I mentioned before was just that, as it seems to work fine now.
    I received another weather alert in the "Currently" tab and it said "Flash Flood Watch" for my location.
    When tapped from either the app &/or widget, both opened my browser to the NOAA-NWS-ALERTS message at alerts.weather.gov with details the event.
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    813 Global Posts
    Anyone else find that Dash Weather+ stopped working in the last couple of weeks? It just hangs on the "Getting forecast" step. It has happened on both my Pre 3 and TouchPad.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast