10/05/2012, 04:39 PM
(Edit 2013-06-18 CET: new version 0.9.4)
GuttenPodder is a podcast app. It searches, finds, downloads manages and plays audio and video podcasts and audiobooks.
GuttenPodder is based on drPodder, the well known podcast app for webOS. GuttenPodder adds some new features (audiobook support, sorting episodes, new option "play from here", new view filters), some patches (gpodder search, podcast.de fix) and the changes for the Touchpad made by rawdeadfish for his app "podfrenzy".
GuttenPodder is licensed under GPLv3 and should run on webOS 1.4.5, 2.2.4 and 3.0.x. I've tested it on my Pre3 and on the SDK emulator for TouchPad and Pre.
Migration from drpodder/podfrenzy is possible via the drPodder.xml file or the database copy trick mentioned in http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st2299374.html and GuttenPodder, the latest open source update based on drPodder | webOS Nation.
You can download GuttenPodder in homebrew
GuttenPodder | webOS Nation
and of course via preware.
Follow the development on Twitter https://twitter.com/GuttenPodder
- fix: Landscape mode looks prettier now, but not perfect
- new: filter for feed list and episode list. Just type a filter expression (case insensitive).
On Touchpad tap the new search button for start
- new: auto update optional for one selected feed or playlist only.
- mod: auto update time picker intervall now 5 minutes instead of 15 minutes
- fix: back button is only needed when no gesture area is availble; existence of
physical keyboard is of no relevance. As a result on phones many stages do not show any longer a back
- new: sleeptimer in the episode detail screen's menu (suggested several times, e.g. by sanaking|pc). no dockmode support yet.
- new: local media search expressions are now case insensitive with switchable search modes for path and/or titel (suggested by Adam Marks)
- new 'path' sort mode for episodes
- fix: manual reorder of episodes with tapping & dropping should now work well. After restarting GP the last sort order is restored.
- fix: in episode description iframes and objects are now ignored; there are podcasts out there (eg. psycomedia) with info text with many embedded videos, resulting in many many windows (reported by Peter Mohlin)
- fix: resume playing did not work every time - I hope it works now (reported by bethel95|pc)
- fix: every word of the episode title was always capitalized by webos
- del: removed "gdgt weekly" from default feeds (it's dead, Jim)
- Fixed a bug, which prevented the media permission dialog from showing up. Thus no local media function (audiobooks) worked. Furthermore no error dialog was given ...
- New: Support of local Files ("Local Media") (e.g. for audiobooks). Restrictions: Not available on webOS 1.x.x; Some webOS 2.x.x devices have problems with that and need a system fix. See Help menu for details.
- Added option to sort episodes (in feeds, play lists and local media). Sorting supports
- "publication date, newest first" (default)
- "publication date, oldest first"
- title, descending
- the items in the episode list are now reorderable. Tap an item and drag it to a new position. Use it for temporary rearrangement of the play sequence. Attention: Those changes are lost, when GuttenPodder is closed
- fixed another podtrapper bug: Did not load podcasts, which are directory only URLs (e.g "Tagesschau in 100 Sekunden"), GuttenPodder instead stopped displaying anything (thanks konus|webosnations for reporting this)
- Replaced big "save" and "cancel" buttons with small 'Back' and 'Done' button in the "add feed" scene
- episode pop-up menu slightly changed
- Removed universal search and dockmode (temporarily); they didn't work properly
- Automatic removal of // in front of XML-URLs
- changed name from "guttenPodder" to "GuttenPodder"
- localized timestamps in episodes
- fixed start logo width/length on TP
- fixed hanging in feedlist caused by invalid replace regexp e.g. ( *
- removed error message explanation regarding podshifter (podshifter is AFAICS not available any more)
- removed senseless edit menu in feed list
- itunes search fixed and enabled
- 0.8.4 ((based on drPodder 0.7.7; announced on nexave.de and webosnation.com forum drpodder thread)
- added new episode filter "not downloaded & new", "downloaded & new"
- added new episode command "Play all from here"
- fullscreen support for TouchPad (from podFrenzy)
- back button for tp in most scenes (from podfrenzy)
- save + cancel button in addfeed scene and addplaylist scene for devices without keyboard (yes, Touchpad)
- import/export options from podfrenzy (needs cleanup)
- changed app icons
- code for metrix statistic ("phoning home") removed
- episode detail scene shows now ??:?? on unknown duration
- changed epsioden command menu: "mark all as new/old" to "mark all visible as New/old"
- example podcasts changed (non existing deleted, two german podcast added)
- fixed podcast.de search (patch by "uwer" from precentral forum,12-09-08 in drPodder (a.k.a. PrePod))
- gpodder search added ( // gpodder-Patch provided by Thomas Perl <email@example.com>, http://thp.io/2011/webos/drpodder_gp...egration.patch)
- fixed podtrapper bug (webos bug ; webViewLinkClicked-event does not work together with mojo.openUrl() in 2.2.4 and 3.0.x)
- changed local filename generation (shorter, spaces replaced by underscore)
- internal changes (debug code)