01/06/2013, 04:41 PM
The audiobook / local media support did not work in 0.9.0, because the media permission dialog did not show up. I've fixed that (or at least, I belive to have fixed it). I've uploaded 0.9.1 to preware an updated the start posting of this thread. Please give it a try.
Originally Posted by WalterZwei
Here some usage tips:
There are some restriction with Local Media (not only for GuttenPodder but for any 3rd party player, but webos player himself):
* It works not on webos 1.x.x, because there is no media indexer. This is needed for local media
* You need media permission for Guttenpodder. This is the permission for GuttenPodder to access local files (comparable to the GPS permission you are asked for, when starting an map app)
* Media permission is buggy in webos 2.x.x: on some devices you are never asked for permission, so you do not ever get these.
There is a fix for it: <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.canucksoftware.mediapermission.bugfix_1.0.0_all.ipk>
See also <http://forums.webosnation.com/hedami/277939-read-if-youre-unable-access-your-music-music-player-remix.html>
* the notorious media indexer bug applies also ...
Local media / audiobook should work this way:
* in the feed list, the + button should have an item "add local media" (direct below "add feed url")
* a new scene "add local media feed" opens. There are 5 fields in it
** filter expression - a simple, optional, non regexp, case sensitive search pattern for episode titles. If this is left blank, every audiofile on the device is put in this local media feed (except ... see below). Try a simple "e" as example.
** Title - a optional, descriptive title for the feed (as in the "add feed url scene")
** Icon - the path of an icon file (exactly as in the "add feed url scene")
** Sorting - How the episodes will be sorted ...
** "include GuttenPodder's own podcast files" - if set to "on" the audio files downloaded by GuttenPodder self (located in the /drPodder - Directory) are listed also. This is only needed, if you have "zombie" audio files there (files without entry in GuttenPodders normal podcast feeds).
* Now tap "Done" (or use back swipe) to save the changes in the dialog
* Now the dialog asking for media permission could (but may not) pop up
* A new Item (with the title just entered) in the feed list appears.
* tap that item, and the episode list will show up. If it is empty, tap the refresh button (bottom right). (now the media permission dialog could pop up too)
* You can now play one or all episodes. After playing an episode it will be marked as "old".
* Local media episodes will never be deleted
* You can edit the local media feed via the command menu ("Edit local media"). If you change the filter expression, the now not any longer matching episodes will disappear. After disappearing, their state (new or old) is not saved.
* you can use as many local media feed as you want
* the same audio file can be used in any number of local media feeds
* any local media feed can be part of any virtual playlist, mixed with any other feed.
How to import a audiobook:
* Copy all files in a new or existing directory on the usb partition (you should not use the /drpodder directory)
* add a local media feed as described above. Use a part of the (mp3) title of a file as filter expression (e.g "guide to the galaxy)"
* use "title" as sorting criteria
* after saving the feed and refreshing, you can hear the book's files