webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > MySongBook
MySongBook
Like Tree11Likes

Old 09/14/2012, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Description:
MySongBook is an Enyo-App to display Songs in OpenLyrics XML Standard from the internal storage of your device.
It displays Lyrics and Chords by a given verseorder.
Scrollbutton scroll to the next element.
You can create songs from scratch, edit existing ones and also create your own custom songlists.

Caution: In v.0.3.4 the Custom List Backend has changed. All custom Lists from previous versions will be gone with this update. Lists will now be saved to a single .json-file

Features:
  • Create and Edit Songs
  • Create custom Songlists
  • Transpose Chords
  • Change Fontsize and Linespacing
  • Block Screen from dimming
  • Autoscrolling

Online Documentation

An example Package of song can be found here.
Unzip it and copy .xml files in /songs to /media/internal/MySongBook.

This app is optimized for the TP but should work on all Enyo-enabled Phones as well.

License
This application is licensed under the MIT license.
The sourcecode can be found on github.

Package
Available in webosnation Homebrew Feed.

Changelog
Vers. 0.3.4:
  • Added: Search for Comments and Keywords
  • Now saves all lists as one json-file
  • visual improvements and fixes
Vers. 0.3.2:
  • Added Printing
  • Added Textimporter (s. Documentation)
  • Preferences fix
Vers. 0.3.0:
  • Create and Edit Song out of beta
  • Added support for multiple languages
  • Rewrote preferences backend
  • Toggle show Buttons
  • Translations updated
Vers. 0.2.2:
  • Autoscroll out of beta
  • Now displays multiple lines and parts
  • Songelement Headline removed
  • Translation(de) updated
  • Labels for editing properties
  • Bugfixing in editing and parsing
Vers. 0.2.0:
  • Added: Doubletab maximizes mainview
  • Added: Create new Songs (Betatesting!)
  • Bugfixing in editing
  • Some cleanup

More Images

Last edited by michote; 06/06/2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Changelog
michote is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by katefields, hagster, sshaka and 5 others like this.
Old 09/14/2012, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

This looks very interesting! I will have to download it and give it a try.
NCCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2012, 04:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm very interested. I see this on my Preł Preware Feed but even though seems to be Touchpad compatible, I do not see it on its Preware Feed. I know Preware checks and feeds based on your device type, so what can I do to download it to my TP?
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2012, 05:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
I'm very interested. I see this on my Preł Preware Feed but even though seems to be Touchpad compatible, I do not see it on its Preware Feed. I know Preware checks and feeds based on your device type, so what can I do to download it to my TP?
Downloaded for my TP without issue.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2012, 06:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
It shows up on my TP in preware. If not manualy download it from the feed from the link in the first post under "package".

By the way the app should work on the pre3 as well. But I don't know if it's usefull on a smaller screen.
Old 09/16/2012, 06:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Would be a nice feature if you could write songs maybe?
veyron431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2012, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
Would be a nice feature if you could write songs maybe?
Thought about that, yet. And would really like to have this feature in a further release. But it will take me some time to get this working. But it's on my list.
Old 09/17/2012, 04:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Notation would be cool.
blm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2012, 03:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm22 View Post
Notation would be cool.
Sorry, but OpenLyrics don't support notation. And displaying notation with JS/HTML/CSS seems way to complex for me...
Old 09/18/2012, 03:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michote View Post
It shows up on my TP in preware. If not manualy download it from the feed from the link in the first post under "package".

By the way the app should work on the pre3 as well. But I don't know if it's usefull on a smaller screen.
Ok, I have on my TP (Yes, thought the same when just appeared on my Preł feeds). Now I don't mean to be a pain, but how and where can I find lyrics? Can I download them from pages like guitarchords, echords or others? Or can you please make a tutorial step by step to do so (a video would be great!) and a list of sites that can work (just as recommendation). Hope it's not much to ask.
And just one thing, would be nice if one could write and compose our own material. Thanks for your replies.
Old 09/18/2012, 04:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Ok, I have on my TP (Yes, thought the same when just appeared on my Preł feeds). Now I don't mean to be a pain, but how and where can I find lyrics? Can I download them from pages like guitarchords, echords or others? Or can you please make a tutorial step by step to do so (a video would be great!) and a list of sites that can work (just as recommendation). Hope it's not much to ask.
And just one thing, would be nice if one could write and compose our own material. Thanks for your replies.
Currently there 're no sites where you could download Openlyric-files, as far as I know.

You have to create/edit them yourself. it's plain xml an can be edited in every Texteditor. In the examplepackage is a detailed documentation.

If you prefer editors:
exposong and openlp.org can import, edit and export openlyrics. But both don't support chords at the moment.

opensong has a chord editor, but i didn't tested it, yet. But there's a python converter from opensong2openlyrics0.7 which basicly works (you need to convert it to 0.8 after that).

for further question pleas take a lokk on the openlyric-GoogleGroup.
I'm only a hobby-programmer and writing real converter is a bit beyond my reach.
Old 09/20/2012, 04:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I started working on a concept how to edit songs in the app.
Would it be a practical way to show and add chords in "[ ]" (see screenshot)?

Or do we need something like a chordpicker and how should it look?
There are about 350 supported chords. Putting the in one picker won't be practical.

Editing is far from being ready or working. But I'd like to know what's your opinion on how it should work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mysongbook_2012-20-09_102327.jpg (113.1 KB, 13 views) Email Attachment
Old 09/20/2012, 05:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

Maybe a three stage stage picker. One allows selection of A to G, that populates one for that letter followed by the next option and that populates the third with the available options for the next sub-option if there is one.

C
C C+ C4 C6 C7 C9 C1 Csus Cm Cdim C/B Cadd C#

C9
C9 C9(11)

C1
C1 C11

Csus
Csus Csus2 Csus4 Csus9

Cm
Cmaj Cmaj7 Cm Cm7 Cm11

Cadd
Cadd2/B CaddD C(addD) Cadd9 C(add9)

C#
C# C#+ C#4 C#7 C#7(b5) C#sus C#sus4 C#maj C#maj7 C#dim C#m C#add9 C#(add9) C#m7

Last edited by johncc; 09/20/2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09/21/2012, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Maybe a three stage stage picker. One allows selection of A to G, that populates one for that letter followed by the next option and that populates the third with the available options for the next sub-option if there is one.
Ok, that sound reasonable. But I think it's easier just adding "[Cm7]" with your keyboard, than tabbing and scrolling through all the pickers . But maybe I'll add something like this later.
Old 09/21/2012, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Version 0.1.2 is in the feeds now.
Changelog:
  • Bugfixes
    • Sort Libary fixed
    • Read Files Dialog fixed
    • some small other fixes
  • Display amount of Songs in List
  • Development Preview (Editing)

The Editing Preview can be enabled in Preferences.
It currently won't save or change anything yet, but this will change in future versions.
Please keep your songdata backuped, if you enable this.
Old 09/21/2012, 07:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, that sound reasonable. But I think it's easier just adding "[Cm7]" with your keyboard, than tabbing and scrolling through all the pickers . But maybe I'll add something like this later.
The picker looks like an interesting project. I am thinking that it may possible to redefine the one selector 'on the fly' for deeper selections. I will have a look at it myself when I get time. The advantage of course is that you are guaranteed a valid official chord name.
Old 09/24/2012, 11:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
The picker looks like an interesting project. I am thinking that it may possible to redefine the one selector 'on the fly' for deeper selections. I will have a look at it myself when I get time. The advantage of course is that you are guaranteed a valid official chord name.
Your contibution is always welcome. I pushed the code to github now. You can find it here
And by the way, there's a chordlist in the openlyrics example-package (chords.txt)

Last edited by michote; 09/24/2012 at 11:50 AM.
michote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/02/2012, 12:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Currently there 're no sites where you could download Openlyric-files, as far as I know.

You have to create/edit them yourself. it's plain xml an can be edited in every Texteditor. In the examplepackage is a detailed documentation.

If you prefer editors:
exposong and openlp.org can import, edit and export openlyrics. But both don't support chords at the moment.

opensong has a chord editor, but i didn't tested it, yet. But there's a python converter from opensong2openlyrics0.7 which basicly works (you need to convert it to 0.8 after that).

for further question pleas take a lokk on the openlyric-GoogleGroup.
I'm only a hobby-programmer and writing real converter is a bit beyond my reach.
Hey, you know what you can do though? There has to be free .doc to .xml converters out there. You can either link one on the app or -far better- let the app do the conversion service. That would be so awesome! That way one could find the lyrics in .doc form and convert it to .xml file so it can run on you app! Is it none sense?
Old 10/02/2012, 10:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Hey, you know what you can do though? There has to be free .doc to .xml converters out there. You can either link one on the app or -far better- let the app do the conversion service. That would be so awesome! That way one could find the lyrics in .doc form and convert it to .xml file so it can run on you app! Is it none sense?
Sorry, but xml-files are not all the same. It's a markup-language. If you convert doc to xml this way the result won't be openlyrics.
Old 10/03/2012, 06:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry, but xml-files are not all the same. It's a markup-language. If you convert doc to xml this way the result won't be openlyrics.
Wua-wua... REALLY?! That's bad news! I was hoping to convert all our church songs (Spanish) so we could use your app while practicing and signing. Oh well. But I've read that you are making it possible to write your own song (just that -as if right now- it can't be saved), so in the -near I hope- future we would be able to re-write all of our church choruses into the app; am I correct-o?! Say yes, please say yes!!!
A side question: do you know how can one make a .xml file (a real one)? Is it programing on html?

Tags
chords, lyrics, songbook

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0