webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > MySongBook
MySongBook
Like Tree11Likes

Old 11/24/2012, 04:08 PM   #121 (permalink)

Hello;
Is great that we can create/edit songs on MySongBook. But a "How-To" would be very helpful. Also, chords aren't recognized. I think it should state that only lyrics are supported and to use the online-converter mode to get full chord-lyric recognition (unless is me doing something wrong).
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 04:11 PM   #122 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
Hello;
Is great that we can create/edit songs on MySongBook. But a "How-To" would be very helpful. Also, chords aren't recognized. I think it should state that only lyrics are supported and to use the online-converter mode to get full chord-lyric recognition (unless is me doing something wrong).
MySongBook Documentation
Old 11/24/2012, 06:06 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Hello;
If you are talking about manually entering chords in the edit mode, the method of including chords is to enter them into the lyrics line at the point at which they occur surrounded by square brackets eg [C]Some text. This is described under Lyrics in the 'Edit a Song' section of the Online Documentation which is accessible from the opening Welcome to MySongBook screen of the program or the link in the previous post.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 09:58 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
If you are talking about manually entering chords in the edit mode, the method of including chords is to enter them into the lyrics line at the point at which they occur surrounded by square brackets eg [C]Some text. This is described under Lyrics in the 'Edit a Song' section of the Online Documentation which is accessible from the opening Welcome to MySongBook screen of the program or the link in the previous post.
Exactly that was my problem. Thank you very much for your help. I should have just opened one of the ones I've converted with your online-converter and see how it was structured. Sorry for that.
Old 11/24/2012, 10:08 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly that was my problem. Thank you very much for your help. I should have just opened one of the ones I've converted with your online-converter and see how it was structured. Sorry for that.
The online convertor (same code as in MySongBook's textfile importer) will also handle another 2 formats.
Code:
        Am      C    G     Bb     C  Dm
 All the way from New Orleans to Jeruselem 

. D      D7        G         D          Bm      E           A  A7
 Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me;

Last edited by johncc; 11/24/2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12/22/2012, 02:06 AM   #126 (permalink)

I've been using MSB for a while now and I think it would be very useful if one could re-establish the note/chord in which the song was originally composed. For example, if I created a new song on "C" and maybe later with practice I think it's easier for me to sing it on "G", then I think there should be a way to make the song "tramposed" permanently -at least up until one wants to re-re-establish it again ;-) - to that note/chord of choice.
I hope I've explained myself.
Best regards and thanks again for this wonderful app,
Old 12/22/2012, 02:43 AM   #127 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
For example, if I created a new song on "C" and maybe later with practice I think it's easier for me to sing it on "G", then I think there should be a way to make the song "tramposed" permanently -at least up until one wants to re-re-establish it again ;-) - to that note/chord of choice.
@ajguns: You can just use the transposition field for this case.
Add your chords in C and then insert 2 into the transposition field (one for each halftone, can be negative as well.
Than MSB will show the song in G and you can still use the transposer as normal.
If you want to go back to C just remove the transpositon value.
hope this helps.
michote
Old 12/22/2012, 12:03 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michote View Post
@ajguns: You can just use the transposition field for this case.
Add your chords in C and then insert 2 into the transposition field (one for each halftone, can be negative as well.
Than MSB will show the song in G and you can still use the transposer as normal.
If you want to go back to C just remove the transpositon value.
hope this helps.
michote
Hello Micha;

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much for being truly responsive,

Last edited by ajguns; 12/22/2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12/27/2012, 09:31 AM   #129 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Got a AirTurn BT-105 for Christmas
Here's a quick video about handsfree scrolling with MySongBook:
Old 12/29/2012, 02:04 AM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Got a AirTurn BT-105 for Christmas
Here's a quick video about handsfree scrolling with MySongBook:
Click to view quoted video
Interesting idea to control it with Bluetooth. There is a webOS program called Bluetooth Presenter, which runs on a webOS device, and through a companion program running on a PC can control desktop applications. It makes 7 keys available from the set of Enter, Page Up, Page Down, Cursor Up-Down-Left-Right, Alt Tab, ESC and the 12 function keys. So it could be compatible with one of the AirTurn sets.

People may be interested in that sort of facility to control the Touchpad from their phone if they have a hand free during performances. (eg singing only)
Old 12/29/2012, 09:12 AM   #131 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Page Up, Page Down, Cursor Up-Down-Left-Right are supported by MySongBook (You can also use the BT-Keyboard for scrolling)
Bluetooth Presenter need a server-script running on the host (would be the TP) and this is not available for webos as far as I see.
Old 12/29/2012, 06:01 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Page Up, Page Down, Cursor Up-Down-Left-Right are supported by MySongBook (You can also use the BT-Keyboard for scrolling)
Bluetooth Presenter need a server-script running on the host (would be the TP) and this is not available for webos as far as I see.
Aren't you effectively providing the server component to handle the Airturn?
Old 12/29/2012, 06:04 PM   #133 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

No, I just handle keypress events in the app.
Old 12/29/2012, 06:11 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I just handle keypress events in the app.
Not receiving Bluetooth from the Airturn?
Old 12/29/2012, 06:15 PM   #135 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The Airturn acts like a bluetooth keyboard. It sends keypressevents via bluetooth like thebluetooth keyboard.
Old 12/29/2012, 06:23 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
The Airturn acts like a bluetooth keyboard. It sends keypressevents via bluetooth like thebluetooth keyboard.
Thanks Micha.
Old 12/29/2012, 06:44 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Ah - ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc
There is a webOS program called Bluetooth Presenter, which runs on a webOS device, and through a companion program running on a PC can control desktop applications. It makes 7 keys available from the set of Enter, Page Up, Page Down, Cursor Up-Down-Left-Right, Alt Tab, ESC and the 12 function keys. So it could be compatible with one of the AirTurn sets.
So Bluetooth Presenter should better have an option to act like a bluetooth keyboard directly.

Anyhow, it would be nice if any webos device could serve as a bluetooth keyboard for any other (webOS) device.
( If so then I could use my big virtual TouchPad keyboard to type into my Pre3. )
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2013, 09:57 AM   #138 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Here are some backports from my enyojs version MySongs packed to 0.3.4. Happy Birthday webOS!

Changelog Vers. 0.3.4:
  • Added: Search for Comments and Keywords
  • Now saves all lists as one json-file
  • visual improvements and fixes
Thanked By: sshaka

Tags
chords, lyrics, songbook

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0