webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > MySongBook
MySongBook
Like Tree11Likes

Old 10/24/2012, 07:42 AM   #101 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
Could it be that you are ignoring multiple <lines> tags in a verse? According to the specification this is allowed
You're right. I'm currently only displaying the first <lines>-tag. I can't see any use of multiple lines except parts and I haven't found time to implement this, yet. Handling multiple languages is not supported in MySongBook as well.
(and there's also some Properties/Metadata i didn't implemented, yet: comments, keywords, themes ...)
Old 10/24/2012, 07:55 AM   #102 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The use-case is having different parts (i.e. <lines part="Freddy"></lines><lines part="Brian"></lines>).

Here is the converter: https://github.com/filmor/chordpro

/Edit: The output is now handled quite fine (the indentation seems to be broken for some files).

Last edited by filmor_; 10/24/2012 at 08:23 AM.
filmor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2012, 08:19 AM   #103 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
The use-case is having different parts (i.e. <lines part="Freddy"></lines><lines part="Brian"></lines>).
Freddy and Brian should now be able to sing together

Vers. 0.2.2 is out
Changelog:
  • Autoscroll out of beta (See MySongBook Documentation how to use it.)
  • Now displays multiple lines and parts
  • Songelement Headline removed
  • Translation(de) updated
  • Labels for editing properties
  • Bugfixing in editing and parsing
Old 10/27/2012, 10:14 AM   #104 (permalink)

My online OpenLyrics Generator should be able to make a reasonable fist of ChordPro format lyrics as well as OpenSong and text blocks now.

Click this link OpenLyrics Generator

Just copy the contents of the right panel to a text editor and save it with the XML extension and then move it to the MySongBook folder on your device.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: michote
Old 10/29/2012, 04:11 AM   #105 (permalink)

Michote's MySongBook is becoming a very useful program for musicians. Is there any feature missing in your use case that we should see if Michote would include.

I think that being able to print out the songs in a neatly formatted way without the xml would be useful.

Last edited by johncc; 10/29/2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10/31/2012, 03:05 AM   #106 (permalink)

New features looks great!
+1 for the printing ability.
Another cool feature would be to be able to create a list of songs to be performed on a single night and tell MySongBook how many times I would like to repeat a song and it to be able to jump to the next song once it's done.
ajguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2012, 04:55 AM   #107 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ok I'll put printing on the whishlist.

@ajugns Just create a new list and modify the verseorder of exh song. You can add each elemt as often as you like (e.g. V1 C V2 C V1 C V2 C)

with keypress scrolling (BT-Keyboard/Pedal) there is already the ability to jump to the next song. Just hit next twice after the last Element.
(for normal scrolling there is swipe to the right)
michote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2012, 05:13 AM   #108 (permalink)

Auto-scroll currently re-initialises the current song when it finishes. Do you think that it should it go to the next song in the song list by default?
Old 10/31/2012, 02:58 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Auto-scroll currently re-initialises the current song when it finishes. Do you think that it should it go to the next song in the song list by default?
personally, I like how it just stays at the bottom of the song, in case my worship leader decides to repeat the chorus at the end or if the song tempo ends up being slower than I had originally indicated in the duration.
chex_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2012, 05:02 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
personally, I like how it just stays at the bottom of the song, in case my worship leader decides to repeat the chorus at the end or if the song tempo ends up being slower than I had originally indicated in the duration.
The question was more: When you press play/pause after the song has completed and you are finished with it, should it go to the start of the next song or back to the start of the current one?

Last edited by johncc; 10/31/2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11/01/2012, 09:10 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
The question was more: When you press play/pause after the song has completed and you are finished with it, should it go to the start of the next song or back to the start of the current one?
Ohh, that would actually be very useful!
Thanked By: johncc
Old 11/07/2012, 07:10 PM   #112 (permalink)

Did you know?

If your song has repeated elements you only have to enter the details once in your song's XML file. The <verseOrder> property takes care of repeating the element. eg if a chorus is repeated after every verse you only need to enter the chorus details once. Your verseOrder in the <properties> section would look like something this...

Code:
    <verseOrder>v1 c1 v2 c1 v3 c1 v4 c1 v5 c1</verseOrder>

Last edited by johncc; 11/22/2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11/12/2012, 04:32 AM   #113 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Shiny new 0.3.0 is out!
You can now create songs from scratch and edit them in the app!

Caution: In v.0.3.0 the Preference Backend has changed. All custom Lists from previous versions will be gone with this update. Also reset your Preferences!

Changelog:
  • Create and Edit Songs
  • Create custom Songlists
  • Transpose Chords
  • Change Fontsize and Linespacing
  • Block Screen from dimming
  • Autoscrolling

Also the Online Documentation is shaping up well, thanks to @johncc.

As always:
I like to hear your feedback and contribution (translation (fr, it,...), documentation, new features code is on github) is always welcome!
Old 11/12/2012, 09:53 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Ohh, that would actually be very useful!
That ability is now available as a preference. (version 0.3.0)
Thanked By: chex_bomb
Old 11/14/2012, 12:55 AM   #115 (permalink)

My online OpenLyrics Generator has been ignoring lyrics lines containing a colon ( : ). If anybody has had problems with that, it is now fixed.

It is here - OpenLyrics Generator
Thanked By: chex_bomb
Old 11/14/2012, 02:13 AM   #116 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

As the webosnation-feed in Preware currently doesn't seem to update
you can download V.0.3.0 as an ipkg here.
Old 11/16/2012, 04:28 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michote View Post
As the webosnation-feed in Preware currently doesn't seem to update
you can download V.0.3.0 as an ipkg here.
I installed V.0.3.0 from the above link, and when I now select Preferences from the drop down Menu, nothing happens. I tried a luna restart and a full device restart, but I still can't access Preferences. Any help would be great!
Old 11/16/2012, 05:02 PM   #118 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
I installed V.0.3.0 from the above link, and when I now select Preferences from the drop down Menu, nothing happens. I tried a luna restart and a full device restart, but I still can't access Preferences. Any help would be great!
soory for this. Seems to be a silly little bug. I'll release a fixed version tomorrow.
Old 11/17/2012, 10:28 AM   #119 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Preference not opening bug is fixed in the new release v. 0.3.2.
Feeds still don't seem to work.

Added the ability to print your songs (s. attachment), if you own an ePrint-Printer (Button can be hidden in prefs)
And @johncc added the basic feature to Import songs from textfiles (s. Documentation)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MySongBook.pdf (20.8 KB, 4 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by michote; 11/17/2012 at 11:48 AM.
michote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 05:47 AM   #120 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The feeds work again! Go and get MySongBook v.0.3.2.
But please remenber:
Quote:
Originally Posted by michote View Post
Caution: In v.0.3.0 the Preference Backend has changed. All custom Lists from previous versions will be gone with this update. Also reset your Preferences!

Tags
chords, lyrics, songbook

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0