Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Let me get this right, You edit lyrics and then you want to edit e.g. the author?
    Then everything you added in lyrics will be saved "in memory" when you toggle to metadata/properties edit-pane, until you hit a button (to save it to xml or discard changes).
    So you don't need to hit a save button until you want to leave editing.
    (There one bug: the Edit-Toaster closes (and discards changes), if you minimize the app to cardview. Will fix this soon)
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    Let me get this right, You edit lyrics and then you want to edit e.g. the author?
    Then everything you added in lyrics will be saved "in memory" when you toggle to metadata/properties edit-pane, until you hit a button (to save it to xml or discard changes).
    So you don't need to hit a save button until you want to leave editing.
    (There one bug: the Edit-Toaster closes (and discards changes), if you minimize the app to cardview. Will fix this soon)
    Ah! I understand now.

Because the Cancel & Save buttons are repositioned above the keyboard, I thought that I had to [Save] my edits of the current field. Now I know otherwise.
    great app and OL generator! The autoscroll feature is a very useful feature but can you somehow implement a way to change the speed of the scrolling? Maybe through the tempo input or by inputting the duration of the song?
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    great app and OL generator! The autoscroll feature is a very useful feature but can you somehow implement a way to change the speed of the scrolling? Maybe through the tempo input or by inputting the duration of the song?
    All the following refers to the optional dev-mode.

Song duration setting should be in the next version. (and yes, michote's program is great . I am glad to be able to make a small contribution)

The OL spec will be expanded for MysongBook purposes to have an additional 'property' with syntax <duration>200</duration>, where 200 is the song scroll duration in seconds.

In 0.1.8 there is an as yet undocumented feature to correct the duration during scrolling If you tap above or below the cursor at the place where the cursor should be, the cursor position and duration of the song is re-calculated and the duration in minutes and seconds is displayed beside the title at the top of the screen.

EDIT: Do you think that the target width for the cursor correction is wide enough?
    Last edited by johncc; 10/20/2012 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    All the following refers to the optional dev-mode.

Song duration setting should be in the next version. (and yes, michote's program is great . I am glad to be able to make a small contribution)

The OL spec will be expanded for MysongBook purposes to have an additional 'property' with syntax <duration>200</duration>, where 200 is the song scroll duration in seconds.

In 0.1.8 there is an as yet undocumented feature to correct the duration during scrolling If you tap above or below the cursor at the place where the cursor should be, the cursor position and duration of the song is re-calculated and the duration in minutes and seconds is displayed besides the title at the top of the screen.

EDIT: Do you think that the target width for the cursor correction is wide enough?
    Wow, sick hidden feature! I can't wait until the next release! Now that you mention it, I have no problem moving the cursor when the left song pane is present, but when the song is "fullscreen", I have a lot of trouble moving the cursor.
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    Wow, sick hidden feature! I can't wait until the next release! Now that you mention it, I have no problem moving the cursor when the left song pane is present, but when the song is "fullscreen", I have a lot of trouble moving the cursor.
    The cursor is 20 pixels wide, whereas normally the controls are about 40-50.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm on the move on the moment.
    I think there'll be a new release on Monday, with some fixes, Create new Song feature, an duration edit field.
    I'll think about the Cursor width as well.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for making this app. I love it.
    Is there a way to edit and delete my lists? Even if it can be done through Internalz, I can probably figure it out. I just need to know what folder to look in. Thank you again.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Is there a way to edit and delete my lists? Even if it can be done through Internalz, I can probably figure it out. I just need to know what folder to look in. Thank you again.
    lists are stored internal in the app.
    I started a documentation, which covers lists already:
    MySongBook Documentation
    hope it helps
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Just released 0.2.0

Changelog Vers. 0.2.0:
    • Added: Doubletab maximizes mainview
    • Added: Create new Songs (Betatesting!)
    • Bugfixing in editing
    • Some cleanup

The "Create new Song" menuentry is a bit buggy. You have to toggle prefs to get it shown.
    Please test the beta features (make a backup and toggle dev-preview in prefs) and report back.
    I need some Feedback if everything works fine for You and its ready to be released in the wild.
    Also the Autosroll feature is moving on.
    When editing items where there are multiple items in the panel, if data is present then there is no identifier. Maybe there could be a permanent label and a prompt string when no data is present. eg Temp: beats per minute or Duration: seconds etc
    I am really enjoying putting my song collection into the app. I use the Internalz text editor, and I've picked up pretty well on how to type it in.

I do have one question in regards to that. If I convert my whole collection to these xml files, are there any other programs that can read them? Or is this a language that is completely unique to MySongBook? That is, if I want to view them on my pc in the future, or send them to a friend who doesn't have a TouchPad, is it possible?

Thank you for any info.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    MySongBook uses OpenLyrics XML as data format.

OpenLyrics is a free, open XML standard for Christian worship songs. The goal of OpenLyrics is to provide an application-independant and operating system-independant song format for interoperability between applications.
    As another program that uses on the Desktop/Presentation side. I'd suggest OpenLP which is crossplattform. OpenLP imports and exports songs using the OpenLyrics format. But it don't support chords!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Btw, I've written a python program that converts ChordPro files (IMHO the best ASCII format for chords out there) to the XML format, will post it sometime this day.
    michote likes this.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Looking forward to use your converter.
    Found a collection of songs in ChordPro to download here. The new editing feature uses nearly the same syntax for lyricelements as well. ( e.g. [chord]text...).
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    I am really enjoying putting my song collection into the app. I use the Internalz text editor, and I've picked up pretty well on how to type it in.

I do have one question in regards to that. If I convert my whole collection to these xml files, are there any other programs that can read them? Or is this a language that is completely unique to MySongBook? That is, if I want to view them on my pc in the future, or send them to a friend who doesn't have a TouchPad, is it possible?

Thank you for any info.
    The language (XML) is not unique to MySongBook. It is a web standard

The Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a W3C recommendation for creating special-purpose markup languages. It is a simplified subset of SGML, capable of describing many different kinds of data. Its primary purpose is to facilitate the sharing of structured text and information across the Internet.
    It would seem that with a suitable XSL (Extensible Stylesheet Language) file, it would be possible to generate a text file with a similar format to what you see on the MySongBook screen. Don't ask me how to do it though.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Could it be that you are ignoring multiple <lines> tags in a verse? According to the specification this is allowed …
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Could it be that you are ignoring multiple <lines> tags in a verse? According to the specification this is allowed
    Which post does this refer to?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    No post in particular, it's addressed to michote
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast