Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Notice that the [b] line actually produces
    Code:
    [b]     <br/>
    There are trailing spaces and so the line is 8 characters long and is interpretted as a lyrics line. I will have it strip trailing spaces and I'll let you know when it is fixed.
    ok the bridge works if I remove the spaces. but a second verse wont work.

seems to be a problem with the cord-line.
    if the first line only contain on chord it wont work.
    If I add a valid Chord to the first chord-line of each element everything works fine.
    Last edited by michote; 10/08/2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    It related to the special case of the first verse. Should work now. (Fingers crossed) Your previous case does anyway.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Thanks for this. But I still found something to robustify
    Sorry, for beeing a hardcore tester, I'f I can help you out, please tell me.

1. It adds </br> at the end of an element again, if the next element has a maker. It won't if it is a blank line.

2. Would you mind supporting slash chords (e.g. "D/A") ?
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post

1. It adds </br> at the end of an element again, if the next element has a maker. It won't if it is a blank line.

No problem Micha. I'm enjoying the mental exercise. I was thinking that once it is fairly bullet-proof that you could consider making the textfiles (maybe type .msb) a valid alternative input file for MySongBook.

I'm not a musician myself. My motivation is to help my daughter mannage her music.

When you say 'slash chords', presumably you mean a note followed by a '/'. Are there restrictions on what follows the '/', or will it be just another single note?
    Last edited by johncc; 10/08/2012 at 08:32 PM.

See if you can break it now.
    I have implemented slash chord support (I think).

OpenLyrics Generator

It is probably time that I revisited the structure of the program, rather than continuing to patch it up.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    No problem Micha. I'm enjoying the mental exercise. I was thinking that once it is fairly bullet-proof that you could consider making the textfiles (maybe type .msb) a valid alternative input file for MySongBook.
    Glad to here.
    I'll consider .msb input.
    I thought about adding dropbox support to the app. Dropbox recently realeased dropbox.js. This would give me the ability to release the app as a chrome-extension. But i've to figure it out first ...
    But maybe this would be a nice feature as well, storing the converted xml into the users dropbox?

When you say 'slash chords', presumably you mean a note followed by a '/'. Are there restrictions on what follows the '/', or will it be just another single note?
    Slashchord are two valid chord combined with a slash: [valid chord]/[valid chord].

See if you can break it now.
    I have implemented slash chord support (I think).
    I tried this text.
    The converter still interprets some chord-lines as lyric-lines.
    ( Seems to be chord-lines with only slash-chords in it).
    Glad to here.
    I'll consider .msb input.
    I thought about adding dropbox support to the app. Dropbox recently realeased dropbox.js. This would give me the ability to release the app as a chrome-extension. But i've to figure it out first ...
    But maybe this would be a nice feature as well, storing the converted xml into the users dropbox?

Slashchord are two valid chord combined with a slash: [valid chord]/[valid chord].

I tried this text.
    Understandable about the line of slash chords as to be recognised as a chord line it needs >50% of valid chords including note/note. I will modify to chord/chord.
    I tried this text.
    Try it on your test song now. Slash chord now = chord/chord. Seems to recognise all chord lines okay.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/09/2012 at 04:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Tried it but the convert button, won't do anything?
    I don't get any text on the right side.
    Tried it but the convert button, won't do anything?
    I don't get any text on the right side.
    Just used it successfully using the link from a couple of messages back (#65) on the lyrics in the help screen and your test file.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ok, found it. The last line on the left must be a blank one. Or it won't convert.
    ok, found it. The last line on the left must be a blank one. Or it won't convert.
    Oh! Will fix.
    Should cope with lyric line as last line now.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Next minor version released:
    Changelog v0.1.4:
    • Added spanish translation thanks to ajguns
    • New scrollbar
    • Some small bugfixes
    • More stuff working in dev preview
    Next minor version released:
    Changelog v0.1.4:
    • Added spanish translation thanks to ajguns
    • New scrollbar
    • Some small bugfixes
    • More stuff working in dev preview
    Hey! That's me! My first direct contribution in an app!

My pleasure Micha.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    New Bugfix-Release is out ...

Changelog v. 0.1.6:
    • Fixed Bugs with lists not added and/or saved

PS: take a look in the dev-preview: @johncc added a autoscroll-feature
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    "release early release often"

Version 0.1.8 is in the feeds.

It gives you the ability to save changes in the dev-preview i.e. allow full XML-Editing.
    You can change metadata and and lyrics. It's only editing right now. Creating new Songs will follow soon.
    Please make a backup of your data before testing.
    Please test this feature and report back your experience! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "release early release often"

Version 0.1.8 is in the feeds.

It gives you the ability to save changes in the dev-preview i.e. allow full XML-Editing.
    You can change metadata and and lyrics. It's only editing right now. Creating new Songs will follow soon.
    Please make a backup of your data before testing.
    Please test this feature and report back your experience! Thanks!
    In edit mode, I would prefer if the cancel & save buttons would just aborted the operation rather than exit edit mode?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    In edit mode, I would prefer if the cancel & save buttons would just aborted the operation rather than exit edit mode?
    From EnyoDesignGuide everything should be automatically saved every time. So I don't really see the usecase of not closing the edit-toaster.
    Maybe I could add a reset button (to get back the state of the saved-XML in the edit-form)?
    From EnyoDesignGuide everything should be automatically saved every time. So I don't really see the usecase of not closing the edit-toaster.
    Maybe I could add a reset button (to get back the state of the saved-XML in the edit-form)?
    What I meant was that, for example, if I finished editing the lyrics, I would still like to be in the editing screen and able to edit something else, rather than have to select the edit mode again.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast